Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673038 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2445 on: December 19, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

pokebank celebi has a new move called Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »

This is Alkhemia and me's steel vs bug battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-70980995

I still have no clue how Escavalier can OHKO Aggron with a steel attack.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:30 pm »

This is Alkhemia and me's steel vs bug battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-70980995

I still have no clue how Escavalier can OHKO Aggron with a steel attack.
Tripled attack power with a neutral attack from a Pokemon with the highest attack power of any Bug (bar none) or Steel (tied), with a crit on top of that.  The only thing that could have made it scarier would have been if Scolipede had been using Speed Boost as well; Escavalier's biggest weakness is its base-20 speed.  Even a max-DEF Aggron couldn't have stood up to that attack on the switch. 

EDIT: I just got bored and did the calcs quick out of curiosity.  Even with Mega-Aggron, the highest defense in the game and a resistance to Steel, at maximum HP/DEF investments, Iron Head would still deal just under 30% damage, and Megahorn would KO in 3 hits, faster than Aggron could deal out damage in response.  That's one scary Escavalier. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:04:16 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:35 pm »

Oh shit, I forgot Aggron is rock / steel, not pure steel like his mega form.

Giving speed to Escavalier seems to be a bit dumb considering it only has 20 speed. Even if you boosted it by 2x it would have 40 speed...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 20, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

Oh shit, I forgot Aggron is rock / steel, not pure steel like his mega form.

Giving speed to Escavalier seems to be a bit dumb considering it only has 20 speed. Even if you boosted it by 2x it would have 40 speed...
Its base speed is 20; that's also modified by level, EVs, IVs, and nature, all of which are doubled as well.  Escavalier with a neutral nature and no investment has an abysmal 76 Speed at level 100.  However, in that battle, Scolipede was in for six turns, for six Boosts and a quadrupled speed.  A 4x bonus to speed would put that neutral Escavalier at 304 Speed, which isn't particularly impressive, but still enough to outspeed anything equal to or slower than a neutral max-investment Salamence, Rotom, or Gliscor.  Or anything on your team other than Durant.  It's not something to rely on, but free stat boosts are free stat boosts. 

EDIT: Sorry.  Something was bothering me about that, so I went back and checked.  Level and nature are multipliers, rather than additive like IVs and EVs. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:22:53 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 20, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

You're lecturing the wrong person since I made the steel team. Not to mention we both made this on the fly just to have some monotype battles.

Here's round 2. Alkhemia breaks out the Volcarona: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-70985942

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 20, 2013, 02:26:05 pm »

You're lecturing the wrong person since I made the steel team. Not to mention we both made this on the fly just to have some monotype battles.

Here's round 2. Alkhemia breaks out the Volcarona: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-70985942
Ah, whoops, I did get those reversed.  Sorry about that as well; I was just reacting to the "passing speed is dumb" line. ^_^

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 21, 2013, 07:23:55 am »

So I now have both Pokemon X and Y. Would people accept Blazekinite for unobtainable/difficult to obtain 'mons (e.g. 5IV Ditto)?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 21, 2013, 07:24:27 am »

So I now have both Pokemon X and Y. Would people accept Blazekinite for unobtainable/difficult to obtain 'mons (e.g. 5IV Ditto)?
Since everyone has a Blazikenite, probably no.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 21, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

I was thinking of trading with someone who won't have the chance to get Special Event Torchic (no longer available after 14 January 2014), but heck, if they're a Pokeman fan at the slightest, they would've got it by then. Fail logic on my part.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 21, 2013, 04:55:16 pm »

I was thinking of trading with someone who won't have the chance to get Special Event Torchic (no longer available after 14 January 2014), but heck, if they're a Pokeman fan at the slightest, they would've got it by then. Fail logic on my part.
Not necessarily: Some people who are fans have to work very hard for the game itself let alone a 3DS to play it on...the poll in this thread even has the most votes go to the "i wish i could but don't have a 3ds" option, stating that these people would love a trade containing said Blazikenite if they just happen to finally have the funds a smidge too late for it...

the only fail logic to it is that they'd be rare finds.

Now onto other things to make this post topic-relevant:
Apparently in addition to an SD card with enough room, and a yearly fee after a set date, the Pokemon Bank Also requires a Nintendo Network ID to use.
It's no secret Nintendo hates Cheaters in it's games but ugh really? NinNetID required? seriously uncool. Luckily I have one now but ugh really...Nintendo you sure are making other game makers look prettier.

EDIT: i do get why though - cloud storage authentication and all, but really...it could be handled differently.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:57:38 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 21, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »

I'm just going to get a 2DS to compliment my 3DS XL because it's cheap, then I'll be able to farm Blazekinite and other mega stones. The latter involves finishing the game so it's going to be a pain.

Back to the topic, Baton Pass Drifblim is stupidly good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMZ9gxkuiwc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKOnM_lSgM8vlw9MTM2J7Hw

Since I am into bulky offense player, it will fit well into my team. :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 21, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

Baton pass teams are generally incredibly obvious. So Drifblim would be good since no one uses it for baton passing. Keep in mind the moment someone sees some baton pass-starting shenanigans, if they know what they're doing you have at most 2 more turns to switch out or you're fucked. Might be even less if they had something out ready to stop you in the first place. Quite a big problem considering this Drifblim build involves using so many freaking things before using baton pass.

Baton passing tends to be looked on as pretty nooby for this reason.

Off the top of my head, you need to watch for:

1. Taunt obviously. Goes through substitute as well.
2. Anything with priority. Pranksters especially.
3. Perish song. It gets transferred with baton pass and is pretty hilarious.
4. Enemy set up sweeper. What's the point of your baton passer if Gyrados is now behind a substitute and applied dragon dance twice while you pranced about.
5. Roar, dragon tail, whirlwind, etc.
6. Pursuit would obliterate Drifblim specifically. No one really uses this any more though.
7. Spore user. Even hypnosis or anything that causes sleep will cause trouble.
8. Something slower than the baton passer can OHKO your baton pass switch the moment you do it.
9. Haze users. Getting rather common.
10. Crits. All the evasion and defensive stacking in the world won't save you from crits.
11. Unaware gives no fucks about your baton pass team.
12. Trick and switcheroo users can royally fuck you up. They can either choice the baton passer or choice the baton recipient. Either way the entire plan goes to hell.
13. Prepare to cry when trick room appears.
14. Toxic or burn can cripple a baton pass switch in, especially against wall teams. For example, in Driftbloom's case, a Gliscor could easily apply toxic on the switch and just substitute + protect everything until the passer switches or dies.

Pretty sure there's more, but as you can see... there's way too many counters to stop a baton pass team. I purposely run baton pass teams on Showdown just to see all the different ways it can die and I guarantee you there are tonnes.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: December 21, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

Umi, that's very informative. True, Baton Pass Drifblim seems unpopular so I want to use that surprise factor to my advantage.

Btw, just got this from Wonder Trade:

Riolu
Naive (+Spe -SpD)
Inner Focus (prevent flinching)
31IVs except Att
Egg moves:
- Vacuum Wave
- Crunch
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch

I believe the original trainer is trying to breed Mixed Mega Lucario. Physical Lucario is so obvious so I may use this to breed my own. Considering this set:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Naive Nature
Ability: Inner Focus (Adaptability)
128 Att/128 SpA/252 Spe
- Close Combat (STAB + Adaptability)
- Aura Sphere (STAB + Adaptability)
- Dark Pulse (to counter Ghost-type, especially Aegislash)
- Flash Cannon (STAB + Adaptability)

Or I could go Life Orb if I want to save the mega evo for another Pokemon in the team. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:47:50 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2459 on: December 21, 2013, 11:54:52 pm »

Out of curiosity, some someone who doesn't know much about competitive play:

How practical is it to have multiple Mega-Evolution potentials on a team? I know you waste a hold item and can only have one Mega-Evo at a time, but I can see it potentially having its upsides. Main one I can think of being flexibility depending on the situation. Other benefit would be the opponent being uncertain as to what Mega would go.

And now I am to be proven terribly wrong.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 463