Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673109 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2370 on: December 04, 2013, 09:56:56 pm »

So is Pikachu the only Pokemon that still says its name or something? And if they made all the other Pokemon just screech or yowl, why does Pikachu still say "Pika pika!"?
Mascot privileges. Watch Pikachu be the only unevolved Pokemon to get a mega too.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:49 pm »

So is Pikachu the only Pokemon that still says its name or something? And if they made all the other Pokemon just screech or yowl, why does Pikachu still say "Pika pika!"?
Mascot privileges. Watch Pikachu be the only unevolved Pokemon to get a mega too.
Wont happen or already would've also they said in-game that mega evolution is only available for pokemon that where thought they cannot evolve any further. Meaning Pinsir and Heracross will never evolve outside of their megas, and neither will Scizor. Raichu thus destroys the hopes of anyone wishing for Mega-Pikachu

Personally I would like a Mega Kaputops Mega Volcorona & Mega Galvantula.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:17 pm »

If we're making mega wishlists than I have a few.

Scrafty
Haxorus
All of the Psuedos
All of the starters(sap sipper or regenerator Mega swampert pls)
Jynx
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 04, 2013, 10:55:56 pm »

If we're making mega wishlists than I have a few.

Scrafty
Haxorus
All of the Psuedos
All of the starters(sap sipper or regenerator Mega swampert pls)
Jynx
I agree with all starters.
they could've just left it at kanto Starters and made it only that gen, but intro'ing Mega-Blaziken made it obvious they are not beyond Making mega-starters for any generation.
I'll thus add Mega Delphox(not in this gen i know, curse you gf), Mega Empoleon & Mega Typhlosion to my list.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 06, 2013, 12:09:38 pm »

Incoming pseudo-ad for a Bay12 Pokemon tournament:

So, I recently actually bothered to dive in to some competitive Pokemon through the tournament that Akroma put on. It was a neat tournament where we built a team as the tournament went on, giving time to respond to the other people in the tournament and learn how to build a team as you went. Of course the people who knew more did better, but it was a great way for me to take the bit that I knew and add on some actual experience.

Akroma and Culise are teaming up for the second tournament, starting very soon (need 1-3 more players to get to the desired 8-10 total). It's going on in Forum Games and Roleplaying (here) and it's way more involved and thought-out than the first one was. It puts some pretty interesting restrictions on team building based on the map that the tournament takes place on and some restrictions on TM availability based on gyms that have been completed, plus the idea of building a team as you go. It is a bit of a time investment, but not a whole heck of a lot. If you think it sounds interesting, check out the full information at the link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133981.0

This has been a pseudo-ad from your local neighborhood Other Games-resident Robin.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: December 07, 2013, 02:41:17 am »

Just had an interesting battle on Showdown OU Beta ladder. I use my actual Pokemon Y team.

Spoiler: "My team" (click to show/hide)

The idea is to lead with Espeon, who immediately sets up Reflect and Light Screen. Then I look at the opponent's Pokemons. If there are no fire-types, I will bring out Scizor and Sword Dance to victory.

If there are fire-types, I will either use Azumarill and Belly Drum or Mega Charizard Y to remove any counters to Scizor. Sometimes I save Charizard Y for common steel-types such as Aegislash, Skarmory, Klefki, and Ferrothorn.

Venusaur takes advantage of the sun and walls water-types after they take the bait by Charizard Y. Avalugg is there to clear entry hazards but he is useless against spinblocker like Gengar plus I have three Pokemons weak to fire (Scizor, Venusaur, and Avalugg) so I am considering to change Avalugg to Tentacruel.

Below is the battle that's worth highlight as it's not a straightforward one-sided sweep:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-68045165

Any advise is appreciated. :)

EDIT: Another battle that was quite close: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-68051993
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:20:58 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 07, 2013, 03:20:48 am »

Tentacruel's a good pokemon, but remember that there's Defog to use as well. One strong flying-type later...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 07, 2013, 05:44:53 am »

Tentacruel's a good pokemon, but remember that there's Defog to use as well. One strong flying-type later...

I am considering Defog Togekiss or Crobat. I did notice my team seems to be walled by Will-o-Wisp, not sure what's a good counter to it.

Also, Avalugg just had a sweep (makes me want to keep him!):
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-68066670
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 07, 2013, 07:01:12 am »

So I've found Lucario-M is pretty much an Aegislash killer if it runs Earthquake.

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 225-265 (69.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 449-529 (138.5 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 91-108 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 182-215 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 07, 2013, 08:32:17 am »

So I've found Lucario-M is pretty much an Aegislash killer if it runs Earthquake.

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 225-265 (69.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Sword: 449-529 (138.5 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 91-108 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 182-215 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I've seen Aegislash with Air Balloon so might want to take that into account. I'm preparing Prankster Klefki to deal with Aegislash myself. Swagger + Foul Play, yo!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 07, 2013, 08:42:40 am »

I've seen Aegislash with Air Balloon so might want to take that into account. I'm preparing Prankster Klefki to deal with Aegislash myself. Swagger + Foul Play, yo!

I was about to suggest the potential of an Aegislash being Choice Scarfed, but that seems like a silly idea. Just be careful of Sacred Sword and don't let Aegislash set up. Lucario might be squishy enough to be OHKO'd by a Swords Dance->Sacred Sword. If Aegislash is faster, he'll use Swords Dance, tank one Earthquake in Shield Form, then OHKO you by the next turn or the turn after.
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 07, 2013, 10:07:46 am »

I was about to suggest the potential of an Aegislash being Choice Scarfed, but that seems like a silly idea. Just be careful of Sacred Sword and don't let Aegislash set up. Lucario might be squishy enough to be OHKO'd by a Swords Dance->Sacred Sword. If Aegislash is faster, he'll use Swords Dance, tank one Earthquake in Shield Form, then OHKO you by the next turn or the turn after.

Surely choice scarfed Aegislash can't outspeed a Jolly or even an Adamant Lucario-M? 112 base speed is fair.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 07, 2013, 11:16:44 am »

I'll tell you something very obvious for more experienced pokemon players.

The moment we see something like Espeon or Forretress or Smeargle in your team, it's like 90% chance you're going to lead with it.

The entire goal of a proper team is to be unpredictable as a predictable one gets smashed into oblivion. For example, let's look at your team. I see Espeon. 90% chance you'll lead with that, especially if you don't see particularly "countery" on my team. You could also lead with Charizard (which by the way I know will be Y as you have a Venusaur). I send out Mega Kangaskhan.

So you go about setting up reflect, I use power up punch. light screen, power up punch.

Then brick break.

Now what? Kangaskhan is now x4 power and you wasted two turns.

Suppose you led with Charizard instead. I don't really care because I knew it would come and I knew it would be Y. Mega Kangaskhan can still deal with that with a fake out into sucker punch or even a rock slide.

Espeon is ultra common. People will have a strategy for it.

For this reason, I suggest avoid the following leads unless you're mindgaming someone and only putting it in there for later use:
1. That electric spider thing that only exists to put down slow webs.
2. Smeargle. So easily countered it's stupid.
3. Forretress
4. Espeon
5. Ferrothorn

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 07, 2013, 11:30:42 am »

1. That electric spider thing that only exists to put down slow webs.
Galvantula.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 07, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

I actually had a bait-and-switch Galvantula at one point, I can't remember why but I don't think I used the slow webs, then I'd get out of there with a volt switch.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 463