Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673145 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2280 on: November 20, 2013, 04:59:46 pm »

Quagsire is the kind of pokemon that you use when you get really fed up with a certain type of Pokemon.

It probably has its uses against Aegislash or Talonflame. I suppose you could also use Whiscash for a similar purpose, though, although Whiscash doesn't come with Unaware.
Also often called Boowells.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: November 20, 2013, 05:31:03 pm »

Quagsire is the kind of pokemon that you use when you get really fed up with a certain type of Pokemon.

It probably has its uses against Aegislash or Talonflame. I suppose you could also use Whiscash for a similar purpose, though, although Whiscash doesn't come with Unaware.
I actually have a Whiscash too. Its a dragon dance set. Im a sucker for water/ground types. I think I might make a Gastrodon and a Seismitoad eventually, and probably a Swampert when pokebank comes out.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: November 21, 2013, 02:41:11 am »

So, I looked over the Critical Hit Ratio stuff in Gen VI and apparently at stage 4, there's a 100% chance of a critical hit.

Well, Farfetch'd gets stage 3 crit ratio from just holding a Stick, so if he uses Slash, he gets a STAB critical hit every time, right? Alternatively, if someone Baton Passes him a Focus Energy, he gets a STAB critical hit Brave Bird, too, if I'm going about this the right way.

Or hell, Baton Passing a Focus Energy to any Pokemon that's holding a Scope Lens gets an instant stage 4 crit chance.

EDIT: I'm actually looking at good combination Pokemon for Double Battles as well. Simple Beam can be chainbred onto a Spoink, who also gets Psych Up. What I'm thinking of is using Simple Beam first turn on my other Pokemon, who then uses a powerful stat boost like Quiver Dance or similar. Next turn, Spoink copies the stat changes and the two of them unleash hell. It might work in the Battle Maison, hopefully. Hmm.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:10:18 am by Knirisk »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 21, 2013, 10:26:15 am »

So, I looked over the Critical Hit Ratio stuff in Gen VI and apparently at stage 4, there's a 100% chance of a critical hit.

Well, Farfetch'd gets stage 3 crit ratio from just holding a Stick, so if he uses Slash, he gets a STAB critical hit every time, right? Alternatively, if someone Baton Passes him a Focus Energy, he gets a STAB critical hit Brave Bird, too, if I'm going about this the right way.

Or hell, Baton Passing a Focus Energy to any Pokemon that's holding a Scope Lens gets an instant stage 4 crit chance.

EDIT: I'm actually looking at good combination Pokemon for Double Battles as well. Simple Beam can be chainbred onto a Spoink, who also gets Psych Up. What I'm thinking of is using Simple Beam first turn on my other Pokemon, who then uses a powerful stat boost like Quiver Dance or similar. Next turn, Spoink copies the stat changes and the two of them unleash hell. It might work in the Battle Maison, hopefully. Hmm.
Yep, or anything with high-crit effects.  Salamence learns three such moves (Air Cutter, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge) along with Focus Energy, for instance; one-turn set-up and you can go to town while stacking on Moxie boosts. ^_^ Of course, this is also counterbalanced by a reduction in critical damage from 2x to 1.5x, which makes that set I just highlighted strictly inferior to a Dragon Dance set (since a single Draogn Dance gives you 1.5x damage along with 1.5x speed), but the ability to ignore any enemy defense stat boosts is still nothing to sneeze at. 

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: November 21, 2013, 10:38:42 am »

Cool idea, should work just fine... if there's no physical sweepers out, or anything with Taunt.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:03 am »

It's a pretty neat idea, I think. Of course, I'm biased, and would look for any reason to use Farfetch'd competitively, as I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. :P

Maybe it's time to brush the dust off of this game. I sort of lost interest after beating the elite four... first thing's first is to find a farfetch'd that actually has a Stick. But then I'd really like a HA one for Defiant, because if the enemy ever decides to proc a swords dance for me instead of me wasting that turn, that's a plus in my book. Anyone have or know of a Farfetch'd safari? We'd be best friends forever. :D

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:50 am »

Yep, or anything with high-crit effects.  Salamence learns three such moves (Air Cutter, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge) along with Focus Energy, for instance; one-turn set-up and you can go to town while stacking on Moxie boosts. ^_^ Of course, this is also counterbalanced by a reduction in critical damage from 2x to 1.5x, which makes that set I just highlighted strictly inferior to a Dragon Dance set (since a single Draogn Dance gives you 1.5x damage along with 1.5x speed), but the ability to ignore any enemy defense stat boosts is still nothing to sneeze at.

Salamence gets Moxie?! Well then...

I didn't realize stat boosts made such a difference. I mean, I figured Swords Dance definitely was a non-negligible increase in Attack, but I had no idea that it was that much. So... One Swords Dance completely cancels out type ineffectiveness. Though, I think I see why critical chance teams aren't used that often.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: November 21, 2013, 12:21:38 pm »

Salamence gets Moxie?! Well then...

I didn't realize stat boosts made such a difference. I mean, I figured Swords Dance definitely was a non-negligible increase in Attack, but I had no idea that it was that much. So... One Swords Dance completely cancels out type ineffectiveness. Though, I think I see why critical chance teams aren't used that often.
As a hidden ability, but Shelgon is apparently a possibility in Dragon-type Friend Safaris.  ^_^

To be fair, I think they'll see a little bit more play this generation.  In previous generations, the reason they weren't used was because they had serious reliability issues.  Now that we can reliably guarantee critical hits, they might see a bit more use for the same reason as Unaware - critical hits ignore defensive boosts.  It also makes things like a crit-hit Farfetch'd a bit more reliable.  Though, Unaware also lets one tank attacks from things with Nasty Plot or Swords Dance...

Also, for another fun idea, Sniper boosts critical damage by another 150%.  Sniper Kingdra + Focus Energy + Scope Lens = Much Merriment. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:24:39 pm by Culise »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »

Simple beam plus Slaking can be a crazy combo if done right.

I need to find something new to breed so I might try this.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 21, 2013, 01:32:32 pm »

Taunt is super common in multi pokemon battles. So are other such status changing things like changing abilities, setting up walls, preventing switches, forcing switches, weather inducers, etc.

Requiring more than 3 turns to set up is usually a recipe for disaster. For example, someone like Scizor could use those same three turns to run swords dance twice and sweep your whole team the third. So you need an answer to that kind of threat. One of the easiest ways I win in battles is when I see the enemy has a Forretress, Ninjask, or an Espeon and no other lead pokemon. If they start with that and I sent out my set up sweeper instead, they've already lost in the first turn.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »

Soo~, thought y'all wouldn't mind some more rumourmongering.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:57:05 pm by Culise »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:35 pm »

Simple beam plus Slaking can be a crazy combo if done right.

I need to find something new to breed so I might try this.

Simple Beam doesn't work on Truant, Multitype, or Stance Change abilities. Too bad, though. Slaking without Truant? Hilarious!

Soo~, thought y'all wouldn't mind some more rumourmongering.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does that mean that Latias has an immunity to Dragon-type moves despite being a dragon?! Well, being weak to Fairy/Steel/Poison/Ice types is still a lot of coverage.

EDIT: Other ideas for double battles includes the utilization of Power Herbs in conjunction with Florges' Symbiosis. Turn 1, Xerneas uses a Power Herb-Geomancy combo. Florges passes along Choice Specs and faffs about/sets up Misty Terrain or something. Turn 2, Xerneas sweeps both enemies with Dazzling Gleam/Moonblast.

Too bad Florges can't learn Reflect. That'd be amazing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:49:23 pm by Knirisk »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: November 22, 2013, 03:11:47 am »

Just a theory on the lati@s megas:

Maybe soul dew is their mega stone...i mean in past gens it did basically what mega evolution does for most. so perhaps equipping them with it now reqs mega-evolving to unleash it's stats boosting property.

It's just a weird thought i had...but in a way it makes a twisted kind of sense.

EDIT: the Dew increases the SPATK/SPDEF by 50%, whether this is base or calculated i don't know(also dont know how that'd be any different), but the idea is there in mega evolutions, also noteworthy: most mega stones resemble Soul dew, just with different colors. Also the enigma stone in HG/SS mirrors the Intriguing stone in X/Y in usage in a few minor ways, so i could be onto something here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:01:26 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: November 22, 2013, 03:45:30 am »

Quick question, guys.

I want my Eevee (soon Espeon) to learn both Baton Pass (Eevee learns this at level 33) and Morning Sun (Espeon learns this at level 33). Does this mean I have to evolve Eevee to Espeon at level 34 and keep Baton Pass move, and then relearn Morning Sun via Move Relearner?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: November 22, 2013, 04:09:15 am »

Quick question, guys.

I want my Eevee (soon Espeon) to learn both Baton Pass (Eevee learns this at level 33) and Morning Sun (Espeon learns this at level 33). Does this mean I have to evolve Eevee to Espeon at level 34 and keep Baton Pass move, and then relearn Morning Sun via Move Relearner?

Pretty sure that will work. IIRC, the Move Relearner can't teach moves from prior evolutions, but he can teach moves that the Pokemon would've learned at an earlier level.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 463