Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673176 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2235 on: November 16, 2013, 02:02:04 am »

I'm trying to find a Rapid Spinner for my sun duo (Mega Charizard Y and Venusaur).

Donphan seems like a good option since it can counter Tyranitar (Sand Storm), does anyone have FS with Donphan in it??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 16, 2013, 03:33:22 am »

Apparently Serebii "confirmed" what that little hexagon in your pokemon status screen is. It means it passed a legitimacy check - if the hexagon is there, it is an uncorrupted, unhacked pokemon. I suppose it's a little precautionary measure, if this is true.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 16, 2013, 06:47:53 am »

Rate my current showdown team. The general idea simply came up when I heared comparions between Sylveon and a magical girl. So I went with the theme and made a complete magical girl team:

Genki MainChar (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

The usual main character, a cute exterior hides immense offensive capabilities. People are more used to defensive wish passer Sylveons, and usualy suprised with it's ability to reliably OHKO anything that it hit's SE, and also many neutral mons that aren't on the bulky side. I took in hidden power [ground] over hyperbeam, because while carrying a tactical nuke is fun, I get to use it way too rarely. Often enough the enemy will send in steel or fire mons (fucking heatran), and if such a switch is obvious, they are in for a nasty suprise. The low speed hurts it, but it generaly has the bulk to take a hit and then retaliate, given you don't switch it in into a SE physical attack. The team has two bulky wishapssers to support it, allowing it to return and be healed for more blasting action.

Kuudere SwordGirl (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough

It may be one of the mega's with with one of the lowest base stats, but it has proven it's worth on the team time and time again. Given the low speed, I decided not to go with the more popular sword dance set, but went for wider coverage instead. When an enemy switches into mawile, I can't let it get away switching in for free and then, in expectation of sucker punch, proceed to cripple mawile.

Tsundere Tomboy (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

The teams much needed revenge killer. While painfully frail, it does an excellent job at taking out everything that isn't smart enough to switch out, and then of course proceeds to at least wound whatever is coming in. I am also carrying power up punch for that reason. When the enemy switching out is obvious, or if I might even be able to kill the enemy off with just the power up punch (slower, wounded mons, or less wounded but SE targets), it's a nasty suprise, meaning that whatever switched into Weavile, if it's not fast and strong enough to eliminate weavile first, will get hit much harder than originaly planned, even opening room for OHKOs. I considered going all the way with sword dance, however there have been cases when the enemy would rather sacrifice something that is in the red, than switch out, which may very well kill weavile while dancing.

Dandere Darkgirl (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish

The typical cleric/toxic staller. I am well aware that this set-up is taunt bait, however only few people actually suspect it being taunt bait. Given that you are smart enough to switch it INTO a taunter, it usualy has the time to do whatever you were planning to do, wether that is heal bell, getting a wish out, or simply toxic, and then switch out. The only risk comes from taunt, when you don't actually expect a taunt.

Yandere Mascot (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Def
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Going the cheesy way with Jirachi, fitting the yandere expression on it's face, slowly torturing the enemy to death. Wish and it's excellent bulk allow a switch into almost anything, and eventhough it's absolutely lame, paraflinching can deal with problems that the rest of the team will stand no chance against. Stealth Rock is of course always good utility to have, even with spinners and defog becoming more common. Talonflame, Volcarona and even Charizard have become too common and too dangerous for this team to not have some rocks floating around.

Ecchi WitchGirl (Mismagius) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice

Last but not least, this pokemon fills an important gap in the team. Will-o-Wisp is absolutely excellent on this team, so is the ground, fighting and normal immunity. It has enough speed to switch into such attacks with impunity and proceed to either cripple or simply take the enemy out entirely with it's respectable offensive capabilities.

In the bay12 league, this team does quite respectably, only occasionaly losing to Culise when he brings out the mono-flying or mono-steel teams. Against standard competitive OU teams however, it's rather difficult to come out on top. Mega Lucario especialy can be a pain, alongside Rotom-W, Scizor and the usual suspects you find in almost any OU-team. Any encounter with aegislash (which is on like every 6th team, wth) either ends with me being completely swept by it or aegislash being taken out within just a few moves, here is where prediction really comes in.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 16, 2013, 09:49:18 am »

I've found Tyrantrum reliably gets SR out, if against a phys attacker. It's no wall, but it's fairly reliable.

Apparently its base stats are 82/121/119/69/59/71. Fairly decent all around, good against phys attackers that don't have fairy or ice or ground moves. (Ie not many)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 16, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »

Just noticed my FC wasn't actually put on that list...

It's still 5198-2437-9175. I know some of you added me at least.

Everybody!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 16, 2013, 04:37:23 pm »

I've made two Grass Gym challenges- each player uses 3 pokemon. They both have a similar, yet very different, gimmick.

I'll try to make one or two for every type, each one having 3 pokemon, unified by a single type.

The rules for making a Gym-team under this format are:
Use only 3 pokemon, of different species, and without using Legendaries.
All items are allowed, but only one of each.
All abilities are allowed.
You must have some sort of unified type.
Your pokemon are set to lv.100, so this isn't a true gym-leader as it would be in the game, but it fits for Showdown.
---
Generally, challengers shouldn't build a team devoted to type-raping their chosen leader, though they can. Personally, I'd like to see people pick dream teams or whatever and challenge us in that way. Feel free to make your own and anything to go with it, even if we wind up with all the same types it's OK.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 16, 2013, 04:48:22 pm »

I am bug gym! My team shall be Galvantula, Yanmega and Mega Heracross.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 16, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

I made me a dark gym team! Find out my mons for yourself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 16, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »

I've found Tyrantrum reliably gets SR out, if against a phys attacker. It's no wall, but it's fairly reliable.

Apparently its base stats are 82/121/119/69/59/71. Fairly decent all around, good against phys attackers that don't have fairy or ice or ground moves. (Ie not many)

How do you think it fares as a Stealth Rocker? My first choice is Skarmory but can't teach it Stealth Rock yet. >.>

Also, 100% shiny hatching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA4Z0vBZwUI
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 16, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

How do you think it fares as a Stealth Rocker? My first choice is Skarmory but can't teach it Stealth Rock yet. >.>

What? I thought A Pokemons gender/shiny value is determined the moment the egg is generated. I.E placed in your party.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 16, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »

What? I thought A Pokemons gender/shiny value is determined the moment the egg is generated. I.E placed in your party.

It is. When it hatches, the game checks the Trainer's shiny value ID versus the Egg's shiny value ID. If they match, shiny Pokemon result. I think.

EDIT: Also, this could be huge for 5-6 IV shinies.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:29:21 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 16, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »

So in theory you can use Pokecheck to determine an egg's (hidden) shiny value and find a trainer with suitable (hidden) shiny value. They're building a list of trainers with their shiny values so you can just contact them and get your shinnies.

I personally don't care about shinnies, but it's interesting finding nonetheless.

EDIT: What do you guys think of using Magic Bounce Espeon instead of a Rapid Spinner for a pseudo Sun Team (Mega Charizard Y and Venusaur)? I am thinking of two scenarios:
1) Baton Passer: Espeon uses Calm Mind (+SpA and +SpD by 1 stage) and Baton Passes it to Mega Charizard Y; or
2) Suicide Lead: Setup dual screen (Reflect and Light Screen), similar to Klefki's style I guess.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:32:36 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 16, 2013, 10:34:24 pm »

It should be able to tank most any neutral physical hit, even from the strongest of attackers. Any special neutral or SE move will wipe the floor with it - i only beat that Gallade in that video because it was running Dazzling Gleam off base 65 Sp. Atk vs my base 59 Sp. Def, instead of say Close Combat off its base 125 Atk vs my base 119 defense.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:27 am »

Hi guys. Anyone got a Heracross they'd like to trade for my Pinsir?

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:31 pm »

GUYS LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF PAGES IN THE THREAD SDKJFNG;ZKDJFNG;KF
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 463