Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673247 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2145 on: November 13, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

Noivern is really good though. Like, really good.

Give it taunt, draco meteor, air slash, and roost. Bam, super mon.
No Boomburst?  140 power, 100% accuracy, ignores Substitutes.  Contrast with Hyper Beam at 150 power, 90% accuracy, and a mandatory recharge turn.  Boomburst is quite entertaining.  I still prefer Crobat, the original speedy taunter, though.  Taunt/Roost/Brave Bird/Cross Poison, especially nowadays with Fairy types, and Infiltrator to bypass Substitutes. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 13, 2013, 12:54:20 pm »

I'd suggest Flamethrower over Air Slash or Taunt to deal with steel.

Or Boomburst. Boomburst is the best move. It even means you can use Frisk over Infiltrator and get valuable intel.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 13, 2013, 01:06:43 pm »

Hey, guys. Anyone got any pokemon recommendations for a Bug-type BAY12 gym? I could use Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross or Mega Pinsir (I have a fondness for Pinsir), but that would only fill one option and I don't know the others. Unless I could just pick one to mega-evolve out of the three of them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 13, 2013, 01:23:37 pm »

I love Galvantula and Volcarona, but I'm a bit biased in the matter since those are my absolute favourite bugs.  Galvantula does get the new entry hazard move Sticky Web, which reduces the speed of incoming enemy Pokemon, though, while Volcarona is an offensive beast, especially with Quiver Dance.  Butterfree and Vivillon are both good for status moves courtesy of Compound Eyes, regular Scizor is quite effective either defensively or offensively, Scolipede got a rather nice new toy in the form of the Hidden Ability Speed Boost, and Shuckle is a highly entertaining wall.  I also enjoy Forretress, which normally lays entry hazards, but can occasionally surprise expert opponents with an offensive moveset.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 13, 2013, 01:38:48 pm »

Hey, guys. Anyone got any pokemon recommendations for a Bug-type BAY12 gym? I could use Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross or Mega Pinsir (I have a fondness for Pinsir), but that would only fill one option and I don't know the others. Unless I could just pick one to mega-evolve out of the three of them.

Regular-flavour Scizor and Heracross aren't completely terrible. The only real problem you'll have (which, to be fair, is going to be the same across any monotype team) is covering weaknesses.

There are a few other notable bugs too, Vespiquen is difficult to find and has plenty of unique things and has ok stats (except Speed), Forretress could set or spin hazards for you (or both, if you were so inclined), Galvantula has been the centre of recent hype regarding one of its new moves, Vivillon is interesting - it's not got the best stats but it's usable, and people tend to forget about its new move Powder. Oh, and there's also Yanmega, who is pretty dangerous, and there's a nice set of Bug/Rock dual types which include Crustle, Armaldo, and the terrifying beast that is Shuckle.

(pre-emptive edit) And I can't believe I forgot about Volcarona, which terrified everyone with Quiver Dance, or Scolipede, which got buffed attack and a new ability.

And Genesect of course if you want to pull out the event pokemon. (Not to mention Arceus-Bug)

So a Bug team has quite a few options. It won't necessarily be an easy ride since Talonflame is super-effective and super-ubiquitous, but there's plenty of potential there.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:30 pm »

For a bug team, rocks are probably going to give you the greatest hassle, both from attacks and from Stealth Rock. Forretress is neutral to rock and can spin SR away, so it's basically mandatory, especially considering bug's other two weaknesses are both weak to SR themselves. Scizor is also neutral to rock and can destroy rock types with its powerful steel moves. The bug/rock combinations are neutral to fire and flying, and Crustle in particular can attempt a Shell Smash sweep and crush both fire and flying types.

Lastly, don't fuckle with Shuckle. Leftovers and Contrary Shell Smash make it really hard to kill if your opponent can't taunt it.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 13, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »

Shuckle really is awesome. If you plan on vespiqueen I happen to have a female combee from friend safari.

Also it seems moltres and charizard can heat wave which they will along with protect over roost for my new doubles focus. I may add arcaine intimidate, rotom-h screener, and/or pyroar hyper voice to the mix after I rebreed charizard.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 13, 2013, 02:09:59 pm »

Noivern is really good though. Like, really good.

Give it taunt, draco meteor, air slash, and roost. Bam, super mon.
No Boomburst?  140 power, 100% accuracy, ignores Substitutes.  Contrast with Hyper Beam at 150 power, 90% accuracy, and a mandatory recharge turn.  Boomburst is quite entertaining.  I still prefer Crobat, the original speedy taunter, though.  Taunt/Roost/Brave Bird/Cross Poison, especially nowadays with Fairy types, and Infiltrator to bypass Substitutes.
Ya it's really good. I knew I was forgetting something.

I think it's another case of 4 moveslot syndrome. I like taunt because Noivern is so fast, so you can send it out first and check things like Smeargle. If you gave it a lum berry it could check Klefki too. I like draco meteor because not only is it a really powerful STAB, but it helps remove almost every single dragon in the game. I say helps because you normally have to bring those dragons down to 70%hp or so. It can also remove things like Greninja and other weaker but fast nuisances in one blow from 100 to 0.

I like air slash because it's another STAB and I generally don't run more than one flying type, so I like having the coverage to deal with fighting types. The flinch chance is also really nice as if you're in a pinch against a Dragonite for example... you can't OHKO it with draco meteor. So your best hope to avoid dying is to air slash, hope for a flinch, and draco meteor.

I think it's a toss up between roost and boomburst. I like both. I chose roost because I forgot boomburst haha.

----------------------------------------------

By the way, did you guys know Volcarona only really has one weakness? You can't kill it with water as its SpD is way too high. With simple prediction, the Volcarona can prepare one quiver dance beforehand and only take 25% hp damage from a hydro pump. After that it's just a matter of using quiver dance and roost. Maybe throw a will-o-wisp on the enemy in the meantime. The only way to kill it is with rock.

My current OU team seems like it'd be supremely weak to water given that I have Charizard, Volcarona, Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Archeops. However, neither Tyranitar or Volcarona really care about water so it's a bit of a bait. No one can resist using a water attack on those guys and it gives me free turns to set up. 3x quiver dance Volcarona is invincible.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 13, 2013, 04:27:48 pm »

Cloyster used Razor Shell!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 13, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »

Cloyster used Razor Shell!
Gyarados used Waterfall!  It's super-effective!
((Gyarados was burned by Volcarona's Flame Body!))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 13, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »

Talonflame used Brave Bird!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: November 13, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »

Azumarill used Aqua Jet!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 13, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »

Mega Aerodactyl used BE DEATH INCARNATE!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 13, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »

Mega Aerodactyl used BE DEATH INCARNATE!
I wish it learned Head Smash, even though the recoil would quickly annihilate its mega form.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:55 pm »

Nothing roost and leftovers couldn't solve. I fought one. Wasn't fun, you'd think it would be easy given how many weaknesses it has. It's like a super fast Tyrantum.

If it could learn defog I would use it.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 463