Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673324 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2040 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »

Buri Zaemon, the Ferroseed I gave you knows spikes (you'll have to use the move relearner though) and has 4 IVs.

Thanks for the Froakie.

I noticed that, thanks! May be good for my Rain Team. :D

Can everyone else access this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At4aThU82yFSdGItS2pudE4wVmQxelIwcjEzZ0RfX1E#gid=0

If yes, then I'd suggest each of us adds our own info there. I've added mine (minus FC). Any suggestions are appreciated.

I think it's a great idea! But clicking the link sends me to the page saying it's view only.
It's FEF, not FEOF

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:43 pm »

I dunno about Blaziken any more considering she's so pathetic when faced against a fairy-type of any sort or anything with a good priority move. Same problem as Gengar in that she has great damage, but dies to a stiff breeze. It's a major problem considering she can't even switch in to fight things without dying in that same turn. It's why I've stopped using her.

Not really useful as anything except a suicide lead.
And yeah, Azumarill is the hardest of hard counters for her.
Talonflame would like to speak to you. Priority brave bird ruins its day.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »

I dunno about Blaziken any more considering she's so pathetic when faced against a fairy-type of any sort or anything with a good priority move. Same problem as Gengar in that she has great damage, but dies to a stiff breeze. It's a major problem considering she can't even switch in to fight things without dying in that same turn. It's why I've stopped using her.

Not really useful as anything except a suicide lead.
And yeah, Azumarill is the hardest of hard counters for her.
Talonflame would like to speak to you. Priority brave bird ruins its day.

Yeah, I always laugh when I encounter a non HA Talonflame.  It tends to get wrecked.  (I actually did a blaziken counter brave bird on one and oneshotted it...)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:44 pm »

My ground / steel gym is almost ready to open. I'm thinking of giving out prizes to winners like the gym leaders in game. Have to make a gym badge too.

Maybe something like:

1. Win with 1 pokemon remaining: you get nothing, good day sir.
2. Win with 2 pokemon remaining: heart scale
3. Win with 3 pokemon remaining: big nugget
4. Win with 4 pokemon remaining: lucky egg
5. Win with 5 pokemon remaining: ???
6. Win with all 6 pokemon: ???

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2044 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:52 pm »

Yeah, I can't edit the spreadsheet either. Also, what did you mean with those last six columns? Are those for Pokemon that we're breeding?

Question about breeding, actually. If you breed evolved Pokemon, I assume you get the unevolved form, since they're babies? Or could you actually breed, for instance, a level 1 Charizard?
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:30 pm »

Yeah, I can't edit the spreadsheet either. Also, what did you mean with those last six columns? Are those for Pokemon that we're breeding?

Question about breeding, actually. If you breed evolved Pokemon, I assume you get the unevolved form, since they're babies? Or could you actually breed, for instance, a level 1 Charizard?
you get the 1st evo
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »

You get the unevolved form in almost all cases. Some Pokemon have a 'baby' form which can only be obtained by breeding while one parent (usually the mother, IIRC) holds a special item (one of the Incense items, which one varies by species). The exceptions that I can remember are Lucario (Riolu) and Hitmonlee/chan/top (Tyrogue), where the 'baby' form is also the unevolved form.

So, if you breed two Azumarill, you'll get a Marill. If you gave the female Azumarill a Sea Incense to hold, you'd get an Azurill instead. But no matter what you do they'll never hatch out an Azumarill.

Unfortunately that's a terrible example since the baby and fully evolved forms have very similar names. :p

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 11, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »

My ground / steel gym is almost ready to open. I'm thinking of giving out prizes to winners like the gym leaders in game. Have to make a gym badge too.

Maybe something like:

1. Win with 1 pokemon remaining: you get nothing, good day sir.
2. Win with 2 pokemon remaining: heart scale
3. Win with 3 pokemon remaining: big nugget
4. Win with 4 pokemon remaining: lucky egg
5. Win with 5 pokemon remaining: ???
6. Win with all 6 pokemon: ???

I can contribute a master ball to one of the upper rewards. I'm planning on restarting my game soon and it's not like I used or needed it on this gen anyway. I caught Articuno in a Premier Ball, after all. The legendaries are really quite easy this time around, so long as you save before hand. Except maybe Mewtwo, but that was because of Barrier/Recover shenanigans. A few timer balls was enough there.
Also often called Boowells.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 11, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »

The exceptions that I can remember are Lucario (Riolu) and Hitmonlee/chan/top (Tyrogue), where the 'baby' form is also the unevolved form.
Also Togepi, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, and Pichu.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 11, 2013, 05:34:45 pm »

A master ball would make a great final level prize. Not sure what to put for the second last level though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 11, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »

PP Max? Or maybe a pokemon?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 11, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »

Seems to me that the ultimate prize would be letting them pick one of the pokemon they just beat, to get in a trade. Possibly forbidding legendaries, since they're harder to reacquire.

That being said, I kinda doubt you're going to get 6-0'd very often.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:42 pm »

PP Max seems good. I could give away pokemon like drought Vulpix, immunity Gligar, spikes Ferroseed, etc.

I wish other Bay12ers would be more proactive about battling though. It's so boring when it's just me. So far the only Bay12er I can count on for fighting is nuclearwhale. Everyone else just says no so I rely on random battles from passerbys to get my kicks.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

I wish other Bay12ers would be more proactive about battling though. It's so boring when it's just me. So far the only Bay12er I can count on for fighting is nuclearwhale. Everyone else just says no so I rely on random battles from passerbys to get my kicks.
I'll battle more once I beat the elite 4 and built up a decent team.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2054 on: November 11, 2013, 06:32:47 pm »

I enjoy battling too, though I really suck at it :(
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 463