Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673317 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2025 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:50 am »

BuriBuriZaemon: how about a froakie, eh?

Are you online? I am but you're greyed out (offline). :/

Oh? I must've shut my DS while doing other things. Hang on.

[EDIT:]Thanks. That meowstic I sent has x/1/31/31/x/x IV. Can't remember the nature.

Thanks, it will be my breeder! Enjoy the Protean Froakie.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:01 am »

I was browsing Smogon forums looking for tips on choosing a better mega evolution for my ground / steel team and I think most of the people on there are either extremely young or very stupid.

Everyone there just rants about how MGengar, MKanghaskan, and MLucario are the best things ever and super overpowered beyond reason.

But I'm just like...

"All those guys die in one hit to either Blaziken or Aegislash..."

I mean, sure they have awesome damage and stuff, but what's the point if they still just die before they can do anything? Still, I'll probably replace my awesome Greninja with MLucario just to have better coverage for my steel / ground.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 11, 2013, 04:21:03 am »

I was browsing Smogon forums looking for tips on choosing a better mega evolution for my ground / steel team and I think most of the people on there are either extremely young or very stupid.

Everyone there just rants about how MGengar, MKanghaskan, and MLucario are the best things ever and super overpowered beyond reason.

But I'm just like...

"All those guys die in one hit to either Blaziken or Aegislash..."

I mean, sure they have awesome damage and stuff, but what's the point if they still just die before they can do anything? Still, I'll probably replace my awesome Greninja with MLucario just to have better coverage for my steel / ground.

Yeah, the Megas are probably a bit overhyped, but to be fair, both Blaziken and Aegislash are two seriously powerful sweepers in Gen 6. It's not surprising that they can sweep even Mega Evolutions.

Although, I guess that means that the Mega Evolutions really aren't as powerful as people are claiming.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 11, 2013, 05:10:32 am »

I dunno about Blaziken any more considering she's so pathetic when faced against a fairy-type of any sort or anything with a good priority move. Same problem as Gengar in that she has great damage, but dies to a stiff breeze. It's a major problem considering she can't even switch in to fight things without dying in that same turn. It's why I've stopped using her.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 11, 2013, 05:15:45 am »

I finally got a Froakie/Protean/Modest with "outstanding" overall stat and perfect IVs in everything except Attack. Should I stop or try for all 6 perfect IVs? Also come to think about it, I probably should've gone Hasty (+Spe -Def) Instead of Modest (+SpA -Att)...

Also, got a Japanese Honedge/No Guard/Brave with perfect IVs in HP, Att, Def, SpD, and "won't go anywhere with that" Spe. Should I bread for 5 IV (all of those + SpA)? Looking at its moveset, mainly Physical attacker?

EDIT: Any way to buy Dust Stone? I know we got 2 but I'd like to buy more.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 11, 2013, 05:37:44 am »

EDIT: Any way to buy Dust Stone? I know we got 2 but I'd like to buy more.

After you do all the Super Training, you get access to the Secret Super Training which can sometimes give you rare stones.

http://serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 11, 2013, 05:55:38 am »

I dunno about Blaziken any more considering she's so pathetic when faced against a fairy-type of any sort or anything with a good priority move. Same problem as Gengar in that she has great damage, but dies to a stiff breeze. It's a major problem considering she can't even switch in to fight things without dying in that same turn. It's why I've stopped using her.

Not really useful as anything except a suicide lead.
And yeah, Azumarill is the hardest of hard counters for her.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 11, 2013, 06:44:48 am »

Does anyone have Absol from Friend Safari? If yes, would you like to trade for it?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:02 am »

Pretty sure I have a friend safari Absol. I'll check tomorrow.

But yeah, there's a reason why I've transitioned to using only pokemon that not only can do respectable damage but are strong enough to withstand switching in and out. I think the era of super sweepers has past.

By the way, I also discovered not only is my Gliscor super tanky and can regen 12.5% hp per turn... it's also immune to all major status conditions. Man... I knew getting spending all that time to find that immunity Gligar was a good idea.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 11, 2013, 07:36:23 am »

By the way, I also discovered not only is my Gliscor super tanky and can regen 12.5% hp per turn... it's also immune to all major status conditions. Man... I knew getting spending all that time to find that immunity Gligar was a good idea.

It seems ideal to have it hold Leftover and regen even more HP per turn?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 11, 2013, 07:56:09 am »

I just thought up a cool, if superficial addition to the game.

Given that it already accesses the SD card for various data, it'd be awesome if you could select battle music in online play to use music on the SD card.
How awesome would that be?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 11, 2013, 08:01:08 am »

It seems ideal to have it hold Leftover and regen even more HP per turn?
It needs poison orb to heal itself.

Gliscor's hidden ability is poison heal. When it gets poisoned, instead of taking damage, it heals itself for 12.5% of its hp per turn. Also, since poison is a major status condition, it can't be inflicted with sleep, burn, paralysis, or freeze.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:19 am »

Awesome. Just got a mon with Pokerus via Wonder Trade for a freshly caught Pumpkaboo. :D

Now, who can stop my Horde Training?
You get up to 50 EV in one horde battle with power items + pokerus. How awesome is that? No need for super training, it's even faster.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:14 am »

60 even, in a couple of cases.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:03 am »

I actually had one of my main party get Pokerus back in Sapphire when I was much younger. I remember something about 'microscopic life forms infecting your pokemon', and panicked, so I switched the game off without saving.

Back then, and I'm pretty sure even now, Pokerus is 3/65535. That's less than the chance of a Shiny.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 463