Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673383 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1890 on: November 07, 2013, 02:06:24 pm »

Is Soliosis there to use trick room? Couldn't you give ice beam to one of those guys to take care of grass?

By the way, did you guys know that pickup improves depending on your pokemon's level? So if you have a level 100 pickup user, you can find things like leftovers and choice bands.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »

It's worked that way since Emerald.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »

But did you know all pokemon unable to breed caught in the wild, such as Riolu, Azuril, Budew, Mime Jr. and Mantyke have guaranteed 3 IVs?

I just discovered that too. Since Riolu can breed with so many things, it's actually much easier to create a 4 IV Riolu and make things out of that compared to Ditto.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 07, 2013, 03:38:33 pm »

But did you know all pokemon unable to breed caught in the wild, such as Riolu, Azuril, Budew, Mime Jr. and Mantyke have guaranteed 3 IVs?

I just discovered that too. Since Riolu can breed with so many things, it's actually much easier to create a 4 IV Riolu and make things out of that compared to Ditto.

This is why my first breed was Marill (from captured Azurill that were evolved). :)

Once you have a multiple-perfect-IV pokemon it's then easier to breed the IVs from that across to whatever you need, as long as it isn't across too many different egg groups. (And now I've finally got my male, 6-perfect IV Espurr, that should be a bit easier)

But! Don't discount Ditto just yet - since genderless pokemon that can still breed require Ditto (...I don't even know how that works... where does it put the... and... just how?!), your best solution for those is a multiple-flawless Ditto - otherwise, you'll be on longer odds the more IVs you want to breed down.

So Ditto is still a really useful pokemon to have for breeding, because if you can get a good one (4-5 perfect IVs), you can breed those IVs onto literally anything that can breed. The problem? Ditto can't be bred, so you've got to actually catch a good one.

So your best bet is to stack the deck in your favour if you plan to do this; either catch Dittos in a Friend Safari (minimum 2 perfect IVs guaranteed gives you a head start), or if you're really determined... Pokeradar chaining Dittos also works - apparently, higher chains give guaranteed IVs as well (not to mention the increased shiny odds), rumour has it that a chain of 60+ guarantees 3 perfect IVs... however, since I'm not really that good at chaining, I haven't actually been able to verify this personally yet.

I think I'll stick with a few hours of stress-free chain breeding rather than the rage-inducing frustration of a Bunnelby or something popping up at a chain of 39 and breaking a chain that's taken considerable time, stress, and Super Repels to achieve. For now, at least ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 07, 2013, 04:00:56 pm »

I don't really see the point chaining like that since in less than 2 months you can just gen up 6 IV pokemon instantly anyway.

The pokemon online random battle scene is going to be so bizarre in two months. You'll have the super battlers on one hand with shit like 6 IV Heatran and then the normal people on the other still using X & Y pokemon. Goddamnit. Just thinking about it makes me sick as the entire online battle scheme will literally just be legendaries.

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 07, 2013, 04:26:22 pm »

I finally got around to catch mewtwo. Got it in a heal ball :D
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 07, 2013, 04:55:19 pm »

And I understand the fairy trainer issue. There seemed to be an absurd number of "Fairy Tale Girls" or whatever. What's with all the 8-year-olds that have level 50-60 pokemon anyway? Isn't that a bit dangerous? Back in my day... *grumble* :P
Back in your day, you were the 8-year-old with the level 50-60 pokemon.

10-year-old, to be precise. And yeah! But I was the only one. Now that Victory Road is a mix of 8-year-olds and Veterans with 5 o'clock shadow, it's a little surreal :P

By the way, did you guys know that pickup improves depending on your pokemon's level? So if you have a level 100 pickup user, you can find things like leftovers and choice bands.

Yep. That's why my Linoone makes a good HM whore. He's more than earned his keep throughout the game. Course, now he's mostly picking up things like Moon Stones, which I don't think have any resale value, but money's not really an issue in this game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 07, 2013, 04:57:41 pm »

Especially not with the Battle Chateau.

EDIT: I just found out that Aegislash learns Head Smash. Today is a good day.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 07, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »

I've fought you more times than your brother though. And yeah, that's what I've noticed. Both of you use it like a suicide which is quite funny. Poor guy.

Metagross is weak to so many common types now that its a hassle to keep alive. If I have to sack something, its usually going to be him. I just have to hope he did his damage first.

Besides, robots can't feel pain, right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 07, 2013, 05:27:36 pm »

I don't really see the point chaining like that since in less than 2 months you can just gen up 6 IV pokemon instantly anyway.

The pokemon online random battle scene is going to be so bizarre in two months. You'll have the super battlers on one hand with shit like 6 IV Heatran and then the normal people on the other still using X & Y pokemon. Goddamnit. Just thinking about it makes me sick as the entire online battle scheme will literally just be legendaries.
This is probably why most of the 'serious' battlers I know of prefer playing in Showdown.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 07, 2013, 06:12:11 pm »

Ok I got a few shadow tag gothy pokemon now.  One has the tag and the +spA -Att nature so i figure that one will do for breeding on better IVs.

Will be GMing pathfinder tonight so if you want me to pop on and hand it off just PM me and I'll send you the Teamspeak info for us and/or just hop online and trade voiceless.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:14:17 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:22 pm »

Ok I got a few shadow tag gothy pokemon now.  One has the tag and the +spA -Att nature so i figure that one will do for breeding on better IVs.

Will be GMing pathfinder tonight so if you want me to pop on and hand it off just PM me and I'll send you the Teamspeak info for us and/or just hop online and trade voiceless.

I'll out on the town right now, and I'm not sure if/how a DS can get onto a public connection that requires users to open a browser and agree to terms of service. I'll PM you when I get home for trade when I get home. Is the one with a good nature female?

Edit: Finaly bred a male with a -Spatk nature. Its Impish, and has 31 IVs in everything except Defense. Is that okay with you Templar?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:20:49 pm by Weirdsound »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 07, 2013, 08:29:47 pm »

I just wanted to inform Everyone I'll be taking a break from Pokemon, I don't think it'll effect anyone seeking pokemon in my Safari(unless someone really wants a sturdy Bergmite).
Fire Emblem is the cause of my Break.
I'll still be adding Fcodes but I may be slow to doing that.

My break may be short or could even last until Pokemon Bank comes out in US.

Adios folks.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:46 pm »

I'll out on the town right now, and I'm not sure if/how a DS can get onto a public connection that requires users to open a browser and agree to terms of service. I'll PM you when I get home for trade when I get home. Is the one with a good nature female?

Edit: Finaly bred a male with a -Spatk nature. Its Impish, and has 31 IVs in everything except Defense. Is that okay with you Templar?

That Heracross is fine and yes the Goth is female.  In fact I'll give you both of the ones I caught :P (both female but the one is better.)

If I can't link up with ya tonight then I can do so tomorrow, eventually we will get this done :)

(BTW I'm Vellum on the Pokemons)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 463