Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673441 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1875 on: November 07, 2013, 02:30:38 am »

I wasn't able to add most people, I'm nearly out of room ._.

If I haven't added you and you really want my friend safari, just leave a message!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 07, 2013, 03:22:38 am »

Still haven't got myself a copy. :(
Hopefully somewhere will have the game in stock by the time I get paid. Otherwise I might have to buy the game via the Nintendo store or something equally ludicrous... Are there any downsides to doing so?

So long as you have the space for it. My 3DS came with a 2GB SD card and Pokemon Y was around 1.75 GB, so...

16GB SD cards are cheap enough, though, so I picked one up and put a few other downloaded things on it.
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 07, 2013, 04:02:17 am »

Got myself a 31 Attack and SpDef IV Metang.

Also, found my Venusaur has 31 in HP and SpDef. Not bad, but spdef will help it sponge hits when it's in Mega due to Thick Fat, and so few viable fire and ice moves being physical with rare exceptions (flare blitz, icicle crash, stuff like that).

I played around with a friend, set up a Light Screen, Mega'd Venusaur, and then let it take an Ice Beam from a relatively well trained Lapras. It was like 20-25% damage from Thick Fat + Light Screen.

EDIT: Anyone got a Gale Wings Talonflame? I'd love one if possible.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:50:12 am by Reudh »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 07, 2013, 05:33:52 am »

Hmm... I didn't know Mega Venusaur had thick fat. Interesting, so either all the Mega Venusaurs I've fought didn't have their hidden abilities or it isn't particularly noticeably against a sufficiently specced out ice / fire type.

Still, too bad it's not a pure plant type or it'd have such amazing defensive coverage.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 07, 2013, 05:42:26 am »

Got myself a 31 Attack and SpDef IV Metang.

Also, found my Venusaur has 31 in HP and SpDef. Not bad, but spdef will help it sponge hits when it's in Mega due to Thick Fat, and so few viable fire and ice moves being physical with rare exceptions (flare blitz, icicle crash, stuff like that).

I played around with a friend, set up a Light Screen, Mega'd Venusaur, and then let it take an Ice Beam from a relatively well trained Lapras. It was like 20-25% damage from Thick Fat + Light Screen.

Choice Band Metagross is great in game. I did full EVs in attack and HP on mine. It can just spam meteor mash, and unless the foe has huge defenses or an x4 resistance to steel, they will take serious damage. It can revenge kill weakened foes, or foes vulnerable to steel with Bullet Punch. Earthquake works well enough for coverage on fire, electric, and steel types. I almost never have to use my fourth moveslot because Meteor Mash is so powerful it can score some OHKOs on neutral hits and some 2HKOs on foes that x2 resist.

Hmm... I didn't know Mega Venusaur had thick fat. Interesting, so either all the Mega Venusaurs I've fought didn't have their hidden abilities or it isn't particularly noticeably against a sufficiently specced out ice / fire type.

Still, too bad it's not a pure plant type or it'd have such amazing defensive coverage.

All Venusaur gain thick fat upon Mega-Evolving I think. Thick fat is just an awesome ability. My brother and I bred and trained a Snorlax for Special Defense and HP, and slapped an Assault Vest on it. The damn thing is hardly scratched when fire and ice come its way, and can hit back with Earthquake an Heavy Slam respectively. (Full disclosure, Invested Assualtlax can go toe to toe with Mewtwo's Aura Sphere, even if it mega evolves into Y, so thick fat may not have a whole lot to do with that)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 07, 2013, 06:18:23 am »

I remember destroying your Metagross several times now. I don't remember with what though.

But yeah, I love Snorlax. He's the MVP of my team as well as Battle Maison. I personally run him like a super ultra tanky Breloom. Yawn + return. The day I learned that yawn persists even if you switched pokemon was one of the happiest days of my battling career.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:45 am »

I remember destroying your Metagross several times now. I don't remember with what though.

But yeah, I love Snorlax. He's the MVP of my team as well as Battle Maison. I personally run him like a super ultra tanky Breloom. Yawn + return. The day I learned that yawn persists even if you switched pokemon was one of the happiest days of my battling career.

Does it now? Good thing I have two Snorlaxes ready to get busay with each other. I was already thinking of using an old RestTalk setup, and my old 31 Atk Metagross (189 attack at level 50? Ain't nobody got time for a hit from that.)
I was running Bullet Punch / Earthquake / Zen Headbutt / Meteor Mash. That put a dent in most anything that resists the others, bar levitating steel types (I'm looking at you, Skarmory.)

Sadly, it's AR'd to be Shiny and caught in a location Beldum is not normally found, so I worry whether transferring it would brick my game.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:40 am »

Eh. Its usually my brother battling you, so I wouldn't know how you did it either. A Choice Bander's job is to punch holes and to soften key opponents up, it doesn't necessarily have to sweep or stick around a long time to do its job in a full 6 on 6 link battle. Its usually one of the first Pokemon I consider sacrificing when I want a free switch to one of my set-up sweepers.

Does it now? Good thing I have two Snorlaxes ready to get busay with each other. I was already thinking of using an old RestTalk setup, and my old 31 Atk Metagross (189 attack at level 50? Ain't nobody got time for a hit from that.)
I was running Bullet Punch / Earthquake / Zen Headbutt / Meteor Mash. That put a dent in most anything that resists the others, bar levitating steel types (I'm looking at you, Skarmory.)

Sadly, it's AR'd to be Shiny and caught in a location Beldum is not normally found, so I worry whether transferring it would brick my game.

I use the same set on my Metagross, but I take Hammer Arm over Zen Headbutt so I'm not a total sitting duck when the airborn steel types come a calling. Steel hits neutral on most things psychic hits SE, and a neutral Meteor Mash or two usually gets the job done.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 07, 2013, 08:07:39 am »

still constructing a team, and I've been racking my brains - i was almost totally walled by Skarmory, because both MVenusaur and Metagross can hardly touch Skarmory (maybe they can both earthquake after Skarm roosts, but that would do pitiful damage), and then it came to me.

I could use a VoltTurn Rotom-W. Choice Specs, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and two coverage moves. Hits Skarm's weakness to electric, and given its comparatively low SpDef...

:D

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 07, 2013, 10:14:42 am »

still constructing a team, and I've been racking my brains - i was almost totally walled by Skarmory, because both MVenusaur and Metagross can hardly touch Skarmory (maybe they can both earthquake after Skarm roosts, but that would do pitiful damage), and then it came to me.

I could use a VoltTurn Rotom-W. Choice Specs, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and two coverage moves. Hits Skarm's weakness to electric, and given its comparatively low SpDef...

:D

I have a Rotom on my old game that uses three offensive moves, a choice scarf, and trick. Trick on a Choice Rotom can ruin a special wall Pokemon's day, while its moves hurt skarm and other physical barriers. In a pinch you can also trick the scarf onto an opposing set up sweeper to stop it from nuking your entire team.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:17 pm »

Pokerus is still extremely valuable. See Horde EV training. http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1os41g/a_small_traditional_ev_training_guide_aka_why/

To me, Goodra felt subpar compared to the other Dragon-types, on top of being part of the generation that created Fairy-types. Not to mention that Goomy is found in the route directly before the Fairy-type gym, so from the get-go, he feels mildly useless. On top of THAT, he also has a slow experience gain. It was mildly frustrating grinding him up to the rest of my party after the Fairy gym. He doesn't have a subtype either, so no STAB attacks except for Dragon, which is ONLY super-effective against other Dragons.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my Goodra, but he was one of the Pokemon on my team that got carried. Maybe it was just a bad nature or bad EVs. Although, looking at his base stats, his Sp. Def. is quite ludicrous. Could work well as a wall. Also, I loved that he had Hydration, but hated that it always required setting up Rainy Day.

I think it's mainly that he came with the Fairy generation. To me, it seemed like a lot of trainers used Fairy-types.

Huh. Very interesting information... I'll keep that in mind. Super Training does tend to get real old real fast.

And I understand the fairy trainer issue. There seemed to be an absurd number of "Fairy Tale Girls" or whatever. What's with all the 8-year-olds that have level 50-60 pokemon anyway? Isn't that a bit dangerous? Back in my day... *grumble* :P

And I guess I don't pay much mind to most abilities, even though I probably should. Hydration isn't going to be used on my team, especially since if I use Mega Charizard Y it's going to go into a drought instead. I've never really played too much with weather effects.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 07, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

And I understand the fairy trainer issue. There seemed to be an absurd number of "Fairy Tale Girls" or whatever. What's with all the 8-year-olds that have level 50-60 pokemon anyway? Isn't that a bit dangerous? Back in my day... *grumble* :P
Back in your day, you were the 8-year-old with the level 50-60 pokemon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 07, 2013, 01:36:40 pm »

After much searching and a suicide-by-recoil, I have caught a Gible to replace Goomy and to fix my electric weakness.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 07, 2013, 01:43:29 pm »

Eh. Its usually my brother battling you, so I wouldn't know how you did it either. A Choice Bander's job is to punch holes and to soften key opponents up, it doesn't necessarily have to sweep or stick around a long time to do its job in a full 6 on 6 link battle. Its usually one of the first Pokemon I consider sacrificing when I want a free switch to one of my set-up sweepers.
I've fought you more times than your brother though. And yeah, that's what I've noticed. Both of you use it like a suicide which is quite funny. Poor guy.

--------------

Goodra is probably the most pathetic pseudo-legendary there is. Its stats are just so badly spread out. It's like Flareon.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 07, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »

After much fiddling around, I'm coming close to a final team. The only types I haven't got a STAB-counter for is Ghost (although my Grass-counter isn't the best, considering it's a Tentacruel or an Anorith). My current team is:

Anorith
Solosis
Aerodactyl
Tentacruel (Jelly)
Granbull (Fluffeh)
Gible (Rawr)
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 463