Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673980 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1515 on: October 27, 2013, 01:38:43 am »

What would be the best Pokemon and moveset to catch another Pokemon? I know False Swipe and a status effect move that induces Sleep. Would Sleep Powder be the best? Synchroniser ability may be handy too...
Hmm, Breloom and Parasect get Spore + False Swipe (100% effective on non-Grass), while Gallade gets Hypnosis + False Swipe (60% effective, but more general).  Ghosts can be trickier; I don't think anything gets a Sleep move, a Foresight/Scrappy variant, and False Swipe all in one, though I could easily be wrong with that.  Unfortunately, also, nothing gets both Synchronize and False Swipe as far as I can tell, but a fainted Pokemon at the front of the party still gets its field Ability effect unless it changed in Gen 6 (useful also for farming items by combining the abilities Compound Eyes and Frisk). 

EDIT: I'm completely silly, because I forgot the ultimate ideal for movesets: Smeargle.  Spore + False Swipe + Foresight/Soak = Ideal Swiper. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:49:24 am by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 27, 2013, 01:49:29 am »

Ah Blaziken, First starter to ever make itself Uber with it's lovely Speed Boost, and now everyone hates it.
Just goes to show why I'm such a a fan of Hoenn Pokemon - They be good Pokemon.

This wonder tournament sounds fine (though i don't have the free time to deal with tournaments in PKMN MP) but i'd have to say Rule 4 contradicts the idea, yeah it allows for a second chance, but lower it to two free trades, 3 is half a team and half your team can make a much huger difference compared to 1/3rd.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 27, 2013, 01:53:13 am »

What would be the best Pokemon and moveset to catch another Pokemon? I know False Swipe and a status effect move that induces Sleep. Would Sleep Powder be the best? Synchroniser ability may be handy too...
Hmm, Breloom and Parasect get Spore + False Swipe (100% effective on non-Grass), while Gallade gets Hypnosis + False Swipe (60% effective, but more general).  Ghosts can be trickier; I don't think anything gets a Sleep move, a Foresight/Scrappy variant, and False Swipe all in one, though I could easily be wrong with that.  Unfortunately, also, nothing gets both Synchronize and False Swipe as far as I can tell, but a fainted Pokemon at the front of the party still gets its field Ability effect unless it changed in Gen 6 (useful also for farming items by combining the abilities Compound Eyes and Frisk). 

EDIT: I'm completely silly, because I forgot the ultimate ideal for movesets: Smeargle.  Spore + False Swipe + Foresight/Soak = Ideal Swiper.
Absol. It doesn't have sleep, but it gets False Swipe, Thunder Wave and a huge Attack.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:25 am »

Just my luck. I choose the version with the physically attacking Zard, and I get a Charmander with perfect Spec Attack IVs.

Also, I really regret selling my destiny knot for peanuts. Who would've guessed it would actually be useful.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:13 am »

You can get another one.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 27, 2013, 09:33:06 am »

Ah Blaziken, First starter to ever make itself Uber with it's lovely Speed Boost, and now everyone hates it.
Just goes to show why I'm such a a fan of Hoenn Pokemon - They be good Pokemon.

I liked the Hoenn generation, too, but then again, I also skipped several generations from R/S/E to X/Y, so I may be a bit biased. It would be cool if I could get Latias back in my game again, but I'm not sure if the 3DS can use a link cable, hahaha.
Also often called Boowells.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 27, 2013, 09:38:16 am »

To get your latias, you'll need to trade it up through games until you reach into black and white (or their fourth version), and then use poketransfer/pokemon bank when it comes out in december to get it into X/Y. This will require a DS lite ( or original ds), pal park, a 3ds, and one game each per missing generation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:39:51 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 27, 2013, 09:41:44 am »

To get your latias, you'll need to trade it up through games until you reach into black and white (or their fourth version), and then use poketransfer/pokemon bank when it comes out in december to get it into X/Y. This will require a DS lite ( or original ds), pal park, a 3ds, and one game each per missing generation.

I like Latias, but I don't like Latias that much. That's just a bit too much of a hassle. Oh well.
Also often called Boowells.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:02 am »

Or you could get White 2, catch it in the Dreamyard, then transfer it from there.

Also, remember how I recommended Absol as a monster catcher? I had Absol on the brain because I was trying to get one with a good nature for that very purpose. Lo and behold, the one that does is a shiny. It has been named DIS*, and I predict it will do extremely well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:54:04 am by Urist Imiknorris »

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 27, 2013, 01:21:30 pm »

My breeding project has been an interesting learning experience, mostly about not polluting my nicely eugenics-approved gene pool with random outside influences.

Oh, this is about Pokémon, by the way, just in case you thought otherwise :)

Got a bunch of Marill bred to 5 perfect IVs, but then realised it might be a good idea to breed moves in too; this diluted the gene-pool down quite a lot, but diligent breeding has led to my first successful 5IV Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Marill.

It even got the right ability (Huge Power), which is a relief - the first set I was breeding got Thick Fat, which is not quite as helpful.

Hopefully I can get a second of a different gender, then breed them together for much better odds of 1/6 of getting all 5 IVs passed down using the Destiny Knot.

Then I can just sort out my boxes (I have about 5 boxes full of Marill of varying degrees of not-quite-perfect right now), cause a minor ecological disaster by releasing all the unsuccessful breeds around Kiloude City, and then send some of the 4 and 5 perfect IV specimens out via Wonder Trade to see what I get.

That last step still seems a long way off though.

Even so, I've learned from this project that although breeding 5IVs in first is not a great idea, my intent was to breed to pass the IVs on to other Pokémon - taking advantage of existing species with good IVs to breed better Pokémon of other types more quickly. So hopefully I can streamline the process a bit for the next one.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 27, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »

Holy Jeebus, I didn't realize friend safari gave you safaris of the friends that don't have X and Y. I have 47 safaris hahaha... It's going to take so long seeing what's available.

I hope one of these has a ditto. Then I can breed up a 5 IV Ditto and make monster pokemon of unparalleled power.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 27, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

You can't breed ditto's though, you have to catch that perfect one.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 27, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

Aww... Well so much for that plan.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »

Can still breed OTHER Pokemon with Ditto.
Unless they changed that?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 27, 2013, 04:13:16 pm »

Yeah, but you only need a perfect Ditto once to spread it's IVs, otherwise you'll need pokemon in a bunch of different egg groups.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 463