Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672288 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: X AND Y ARE OUT! *CHEERS*
« Reply #1080 on: October 17, 2013, 06:41:24 am »

We should share our discoveries about the new pokemon just like neotemplar.

Let's see... Aegislash, which another Bay12 kindly introduced, is incredible. He can transform between a tank and a damage dealer for free every time he takes an action. Not to mention he has an unbelievable protect skill called King's Shield. He's pretty freaking insane. Also ghost + steel, what the hell is that. I believe his only weakness is dark and ghost.

Azumarril has been pretty incredible for me. She gets this ability that just straight up boosts all her damage by 2x. Combined with how much hp she has (the HP training bag is literally an Azumarril), it's pretty crazy. Water + fairy is a damn good type too, giving her lots of amazing damage skills as well as being very strong defensively.

Goodra I still have no idea about. It's so weird. It's like some kind of support pokemon that's still relatively fragile. It's very flexible and can use almost any skill you need, but it doesn't help that it's sort of a jack of all trades, subpar in all kinda character.

Noivern is pretty strong too. I've only ever had to fight one and it wiped the floor with me with its draco meteor. Extremely high speed but I'm not sure exactly how high it is. It may or may not be as fast as Mewtwo. The rest of its stats seem kinda lame though in comparison. As far as I'm concerned, it seems to be designed specifically to kill other dragons as its faster than all of them by far and its a dragon itself, so it can just STAB them all.

Aurorus I'd put with Goodra. No idea what to do with him. Rock + Ice what the heck is that. It's not fast enough to do the job of ice beam properly either and its HP won't save it from being instagibbed. Like I said, no idea what to do with him. His ability is also weird, as the only special attack normal move I know is hyper beam. Maybe we can build him around that or something.

Aegislash will either be banned or Uber once Smogon gets their shit together. Played well enough, he has (functionally) probably well over 700 base stat total.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 17, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

We should share our discoveries about the new pokemon just like neotemplar.

Let's see... Aegislash, which another Bay12 kindly introduced, is incredible. He can transform between a tank and a damage dealer for free every time he takes an action. Not to mention he has an unbelievable protect skill called King's Shield. He's pretty freaking insane. Also ghost + steel, what the hell is that. I believe his only weakness is dark and ghost.

Azumarril has been pretty incredible for me. She gets this ability that just straight up boosts all her damage by 2x. Combined with how much hp she has (the HP training bag is literally an Azumarril), it's pretty crazy. Water + fairy is a damn good type too, giving her lots of amazing damage skills as well as being very strong defensively.

Goodra I still have no idea about. It's so weird. It's like some kind of support pokemon that's still relatively fragile. It's very flexible and can use almost any skill you need, but it doesn't help that it's sort of a jack of all trades, subpar in all kinda character.

Noivern is pretty strong too. I've only ever had to fight one and it wiped the floor with me with its draco meteor. Extremely high speed but I'm not sure exactly how high it is. It may or may not be as fast as Mewtwo. The rest of its stats seem kinda lame though in comparison. As far as I'm concerned, it seems to be designed specifically to kill other dragons as its faster than all of them by far and its a dragon itself, so it can just STAB them all.

Aurorus I'd put with Goodra. No idea what to do with him. Rock + Ice what the heck is that. It's not fast enough to do the job of ice beam properly either and its HP won't save it from being instagibbed. Like I said, no idea what to do with him. His ability is also weird, as the only special attack normal move I know is hyper beam. Maybe we can build him around that or something.
Aegislash is also weak to Fire and Ground, courtesy of Steel.  That's one major crimper, as well as its predictability - if they swap forms every turn, you can use every other turn to set up.  Also, Phantom Force - fun Ghost move, breaks through Protect effects like they don't even exist.  Still, devastatingly good, since I can't exactly see two-turn moves like Phantom Force becoming a major force in the meta. 

Gardevoir got a fair boost this gen.  She no longer has her Dark weakness, with Fairy moves to retaliate in kind.  She's weak to Poison, but her Psychic typing and speed lets her handle most challengers.  She also gets a Mega Evolution, which is quite useful.

Clawitzer is quite tough, with a fun moveset and an ability to match (Mega Launcher boosts Pulse and Aura moves; and Clawitzer gets Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Aura Sphere - hello, Choice set).  It's a little tanky, too, capable of taking hits.  Its major let-down is its low speed, but in Trick Room teams, this Pokemon will likely shine. 

Noivern is basically a Special Crobat, only slower; it's between Darkrai and Dugtrio in speed.  That's still more than enough to put it in the top 20, though.  I never ran into a tough one (the only one I saw in link battles kept using Air Slash on Aegislash, which doesn't work well), but it sounds interesting. 

Pangoro is fun.  Mold Breaker is likely to be superior to Iron Fist, since I haven't seen that many punching moves to boost for her, and a lot of Pokemon are severely impaired by losing their Ability.  Again, low speed, on par with Clawitzer, and relatively tanky.  Great against Dark types, but those typically don't need much checking right now.  Weakness to Fighting and Fairy hurts a bit, though.  This one's another one for Trick Room, especially with Hammer Arm being available to lower its speed further.

Malamar, I haven't tried due to running Pangoro, Delphox, and Gardevoir, but it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun - either run Contrary Superpower or Topsy-Turvy set-up counter, and your opponent won't know which to expect until it comes in.  This will drive Aegislash crazy, most likely; Contrary variants can pick up free boosts from King's Shield, Topsy-Turvy variants will turn Swords Dance into a self-inflicted debuff, and with its dual typing negating its weaknesses, it only takes ordinary damage from Sacred Sword or Shadow Claw/Sneak.  On the down side, those Bug and Fairy weaknesses are going to smart. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 17, 2013, 11:22:18 am »

Watch an Aegislash run Fury Cutter (or X-Scissor if it can learn it) just for Malamar's 4x weakness.

EDIT: For some reason using Protect didn't put Aegislash in shield form.
EDIT2: According to serebii, it needs to use King's Shield to revert to shield form. That would explain it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:13:43 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 17, 2013, 12:15:30 pm »

Okay, I think I got my FC: 5000-2668-6417

I'll add the folks already mentioned when I have WiFi.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »

Gogoat also has an incredible move pool, four healing moves, double edge, and earthquake
So far, I've been aiming for an offensive tank set. I got an adamant one with what seem to be pretty good IVs (if the formula still works out).

Gogoat@Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Adamant
EV: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis (Considering Bulk Up instead of this or Leech Seed)
-Horn Leech
-Return

So far it's proven maddening to defeat, especially with Grassy Terrain enabled. The Bulk Up variant is working well on wi-fi so far, but I haven't battled many other people who are using cogent teams. (Mostly it's people with a bunch of legendaries thrown together.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2013, 02:25:07 pm »

I'm not sure if Aegislash is as ridiculous as people think it is. It's really damn powerful in ideal situations, but the strategy also seems really easy to predict. It falls apart if you get hit by Taunt, and I'm sure there are plenty of ways a smart opponent can play around predicting your King's Shields.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 17, 2013, 03:00:58 pm »

Ok, I've added everyone.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »

I'm not sure if Aegislash is as ridiculous as people think it is. It's really damn powerful in ideal situations, but the strategy also seems really easy to predict. It falls apart if you get hit by Taunt, and I'm sure there are plenty of ways a smart opponent can play around predicting your King's Shields.
Another useful note I just realized while Ditto-hunting is that King's Shield only protects against direct damage.  Thunder Wave goes right through it, and if that's true, then I would bet anything that Will-o-Wisp, Spore, Powders, Taunts, and the like will be unaffected by it as well.  Especially the first one - Burns are an effective way to cripple any physical attacker. 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:26 pm »

So the pokemiles are actually pretty awesome, it seems.
Its limited by the game sync frequency and your interest in the pgl site, but if you've walked far enough or thrown enough pokemon around in the gts/linktrade/wondertrade, you can get a ton of lemonades, heart scales, or some rare candies or PP Ups. (in order of cheapest to most costly).
Or some potions (which do less for a higher cost than lemonade), max revives, or full restores, sends them during the game sync.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:34:03 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »

Since I thought everyone might be curious and since you can't see your own Friend Safari, I thought I'd put this little list together.  It might go well with the Friend Code list. 

Tsuchigumo550 (0130-2059-9853): Poison (Seviper/Garbodor/??)
Furtuka (5112-3427-1212): Ghost (Lampent/Phantump/??)
Aklyon (0061-0478-0933): Grass (Pansage/Petilil/??)
MagmaMcFry (2380-3698-7875): Steel (Magneton/Metang/??)
Urist Imiknorris (5300-8348-8708): Electric (Electrode/Pikachu/??)
Umiman (0490-5141-7094): Fire (Ponyta/Larvesta/??)
Kansa (1650-1304-7694): Fire (Magmar/Pyroar/??)
Squill (1160-9802-7303): Ghost (Lampent/Phantump/??)
Culise (1075-2072-0394): ?? (??/??/??)
Mistercheif (2681-0109-4540): Electric (Pachirisu/Stunfisk/??)
vaaern (5343-8303-5913): Rock (Nosepass/Magcargo/??)

If anyone knows the blanks, I can add them; the third option isn't unlocked unless the source has beaten the Elite 4 and you both are online at the same time to update, and I can't see my own Safari.  ^_^

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »

Wait there is a friend code list??

My code is 1521-2908-3045

I'll go and add everyone now.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2013, 07:04:05 pm »

Added list to the OP
It's FEF, not FEOF

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Friend Code List added to OP
« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2013, 07:09:00 pm »

Btw I'll show up as Vellum, my new online name :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »

And with that, I'll append your Friend Safari: Normal (Lillipup/Loudred/??)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »

Oooh normal type.  I feel so taupe!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 463