Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672059 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #840 on: September 19, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »

...also the shipping fandom will probably be jumping on the anime even more than usual since the female PC  Serena will be part of the cast and apparently use to know Ash.

How convenient that a new character from a brand new region apparently happens to know the main character, who never spoke about this new character at all until now. Plot convenience!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 19, 2013, 09:14:07 pm »

also the shipping fandom will probably be jumping on the anime even more than usual since the female PC  Serena will be part of the cast and apparently use to know Ash when they were younger.

But will he use his previous pokemon?

How convenient that a new character from a brand new region apparently happens to know the main character, who never spoke about this new character at all until now.

Ok... Technically when Ash left Pallet town he left with four other pokemon trainers, all of whom were considered very talented. None of them have appeared in Pokémon to date except Gary.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 19, 2013, 09:20:10 pm »

That poster seems fake to me. First of all, it's on a picture of a screen, it's not even printed out properly. More importantly, though, the region label for Kanto looks really weird. It's using what appears to be the kanji for the actual region of Kanto, and to my knowledge that's always been written in katakana. And there aren't even furigana (the pronunciation kana to show the reading of the kanji). Those aren't technically necessary, but I'd expect them on an advertisement.

The region list appears to be:

Kanto (as in the real place) Pokemon
Jōto Pokemon
Hōen Pokemon
Shinō Pokemon
I'shu Region Pokemon

I don't know why only one of them would have the kanji for 'region' thrown in, but to be fair the kanji is normally shown for 'region' in Pokemon media. Unfortunately I don't know enough Japanese (or at least not enough kanji) to make out the top row of text, other than that it starts off with 'mega' and has some sort of opening verb. (Reveal? Show? Unlock?)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 19, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »

I bet you it's real.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »

Unfortunately I don't know enough Japanese (or at least not enough kanji) to make out the top row of text, other than that it starts off with 'mega' and has some sort of opening verb. (Reveal? Show? Unlock?)

I showed it to my Japanese-savvy sibling, who got:
"Release the lock on the secret of mega-evolution!"

..and also agrees with all those points as to why it's fishy. Who knows.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 20, 2013, 08:43:36 am »

Your pokemon will gain EXP from when you capture a pokemon
So, like recruiting in smtiv?

The Pokemon Center will still be the combined center and pokemart, but also have a changing booth.
This made a lot more sense once I saw it was not charging booth.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 20, 2013, 03:06:50 pm »

Six short tv commercials for Pokemon the origin They apparently confirm that the special was made specifically as fanservice (the literal definition, not the other one) for the people who played the games back in Gen 1
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:03 pm »

How convenient that a new character from a brand new region apparently happens to know the main character, who never spoke about this new character at all until now.

Ok... Technically when Ash left Pallet town he left with four other pokemon trainers, all of whom were considered very talented. None of them have appeared in Pokémon to date except Gary.

Missed this. Also, did not know this. Well. That's neat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 25, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »

Doublade, the evolution of Honedge
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »

Could be better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

I don't know, that's pretty awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »

Additionally, the item Exp. Share will provide experience to all Pokémon in the party, not just the one that participated in battle. The participating Pokémon will receive 100% of the total EXP, while non-participating Pokémon will receive 50% each.

WOOT
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:34 pm »

New Exp. Share is best Exp. Share.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:16 pm »

EXP SHARE IS EVOLVING!

DUN DUN DUUUUUN. DUN DUN DUN DUN DAA DUUUUUUUN.

MEGA EXP SHARE!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »

What? I don't want a damn Exp All again. This is going to screw with my level/EV micromanaging way too much.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 463