Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672224 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #570 on: June 11, 2013, 10:14:05 am »

Ahh, what's with adding so many great bat Pokémon lately! I love bats. It's like they know.

Reminds me a bit of a Macroderma or a Megaderma off the top of my head, except that it's apparently a fruit bat. Watch it be way too lategame to reasonably put on your team though, considering it's a Dragon type. :/

Edit:
Flying through the dark night with ease, Noivern uses the ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears to attack.
It seems to me that yelling through your ears would present some problems.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:18:37 am by DeKaFu »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

Wow, ok, I've barely thought about Pokemon since Gold came out (I played maybe a week of pearl on my DS). For some reason my inner-child wants out, and I'm totally getting back in to this with the new editions! The picture above of Butterfree also hit my nostalgia bone, as I think that happend not too long before I stopped watching the show.
So here's a question, as an adult Male, how does the show hold up? If I go back and re-watch the first few seasons again (watched it from the start, oh yeah), will it hold up to the test of time? Or will it ruin my memories? Also, is the show still going? Is it still good??
My oldest kid is starting to get to the age for Pokemon (my daughter loves listening to my old Pokemon cd  :P ), so I'm thinking this may be a good father/daughter boding activity.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:25 am »

THIS IS THE TRAILER

Vivilon is the new butterfly. I love new bugs.

Noivern is the new bat. I love bats that aren't related to Zubat.

Goofy Nintendogs thing is goofy.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

I just realized that Pokémon is in serious need of a Sound type. There are so many Pokémon and attacks that are sound-based, so why didn't they make that a type?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

Wow, ok, I've barely thought about Pokemon since Gold came out (I played maybe a week of pearl on my DS). For some reason my inner-child wants out, and I'm totally getting back in to this with the new editions! The picture above of Butterfree also hit my nostalgia bone, as I think that happend not too long before I stopped watching the show.
So here's a question, as an adult Male, how does the show hold up? If I go back and re-watch the first few seasons again (watched it from the start, oh yeah), will it hold up to the test of time? Or will it ruin my memories? Also, is the show still going? Is it still good??
My oldest kid is starting to get to the age for Pokemon (my daughter loves listening to my old Pokemon cd  :P ), so I'm thinking this may be a good father/daughter boding activity.
If you want to watch it, starting back from where ever you left off at, all I can say is that I hope you never get sick of Team Rocket. 

Also, Ash is a goddamn chump and gets his ass kicked far too often for being offered a position as a Frontier Brain.  Also Pikachu gets his ass kicked far too often for being some kind of charged-up Pikachu that Team Rocket is still lusting after.  This just scratches the surface.

tl;dr - Don't watch it if you like things to make sense.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:28 am »

That narrator in the new trailer annoys me so much for some reason
It's FEF, not FEOF

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:22 am »

THIS IS THE TRAILER

Vivilon is the new butterfly. I love new bugs.

Noivern is the new bat. I love bats that aren't related to Zubat.

Goofy Nintendogs thing is goofy.
:( Zubat my favorite pokemon well Crobat I've always used one as my Flying type.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

SWOOBAT4LYFE

I just realized that Pokémon is in serious need of a Sound type. There are so many Pokémon and attacks that are sound-based, so why didn't they make that a type?

That was rumored to be the other new type. It'd be a huge buff to Whismur's family (not really).

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »

More stuff courtesy of Pokebeach
3 new pokes
Fletchling Evo (?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unamed Seahorse, apparently used a poison move

Unamed Pissed of Shrimp

Also in the Fletchling Evo(?) you'll noticed both Pokemon are either Flying or Levitating and in this picture a lady asks you "do you want a sky battle in german". This fits right in with those leaks a while ago.

Again this is all on Pokebeach, just thought I should share.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2013, 04:20:31 pm »

Noivern its more a Wyvern than a bat, maybe it has a bit of flying fox appearance, but its dragon/flying

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:04 pm »

Really disappointed with the Fletchling evo. They took it in exactly the same direction as Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor. I was hoping for a unique filler bird after Unfezant's awesomeness.

Noivern its more a Wyvern than a bat, maybe it has a bit of flying fox appearance, but its dragon/flying

So? There's no bat type. Swoobat is psychic/flying and Zubat is poison/flying. Types don't really matter for what kind of animal it is (except bug, and even then only 90% of the time).

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:25 pm »

Really disappointed with the Fletchling evo. They took it in exactly the same direction as Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor. I was hoping for a unique filler bird after Unfezant's awesomeness.

So? There's no bat type. Swoobat is psychic/flying and Zubat is poison/flying. Types don't really matter for what kind of animal it is (except bug, and even then only 90% of the time).

I'm waiting for a new mainline bird style too. Like, four wings at stage two or something.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:21 pm »

Well this is a thing

The Sky battles have been confirmed

The evolution of Fletchling posted above is named Talonflame and is Fire/Flying

The Poison type seahorse is named Skrelp

The Lobster is named Clauncher

You can ride different mons to make different terrain easier to pass through. For example Rhydons are good for rocky terrain

Also it seems customization goes a bit deeper than we thought

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:19:41 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09:04 pm »

Well this is a thing

The Sky battles have been confirmed

The evolution of Fletchling posted above is named Talonflame and is Fire/Flying

The Poison type seahorse is named Skrelp

The Lobster is named Clauncher

You can ride different mons to make different terrain easier to pass through. For example Rhydons are good for rocky terrain

Also it seems customization goes far deeper than we thought

Neat customisation, though I would guess some of them (the guy with purple hair and the third one on the bottom line) are probably gym leaders or characters from the story rather then other players.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »

A note for if someone skipped to the end, on the previous page I edited my post with some extra pics that give a higher quality look at the new mons that UltraValican posted

Neat customisation, though I would guess some of them (the guy with purple hair and the third one on the bottom line) are probably gym leaders or characters from the story rather then other players.

Ooh yeah probably. The one on the bottom looks to be a lass so there may be something like the phone numbers in Gen2 integrated into this buddies list thing
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 463