Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672720 times)

shinyarceus4

• Bay Watcher
  • Catbombs!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2013, 07:10:25 pm »

Victini's got that magic 100-all-around stat pool, and V-Create hits like a truck even against neutral enemies.  I haven't used him, but he seems pretty decent.  He's got the same problem as Latios et al that his signature move lowers his damage, but it hits so hard you'll barely notice.
V-create lowers stats enough to justify a switch right after using it. At least it's the strongest move that doesn't kill your Pokemon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:09 pm »

I dunno, my Choice Specs Rotom-H with Overheat still hits pretty freakin' hard even after one harsh stat drop.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2013, 08:53:14 pm »

I want them to release a Pokemon with Contrary that can use a stat drop move.

Besides Spinda.

shinyarceus4

• Bay Watcher
  • Catbombs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2013, 08:59:34 pm »

Besides Spinda.
If only DW Snivy... *dreams of Leaf Storm*

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:01 pm »

Besides Spinda.
If only DW Snivy... *dreams of Leaf Storm*

I stand by what I said to my friends. Moderately good SpAtk with Serperior, spam leaf storm x 3? Instant ultra powered sweeper, no prediction required.

Resist? +6 Leaf storm. Even better? +6 Choice Specs Leaf Storm. That will dent even the toughest walls.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:23 am »

Just beat Burgh that was pretty tough only had my Golbat and Gabite left his Scyther's X-Scissor is no joke it one shot 3 of my Pokemon.

I'd love to see a Nuzlocke Challenge of this hack.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36:12 am »

Been using the amaranth coelacanth, Relicanth, today. He works pretty darn well as a missile on my Ubers rain team. I've done the math for basically every Ubers threat, and he can outspeed and OHKO scads of things, particularly with stealth rock down. Better than Kabutops as a Kyogre partner for sure. (And now to make an actually decent team asides from Kyogre and Relicanth...)  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2013, 04:43:27 am »

It's a pity Kabutops is so substandard, it has an amazing design.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:13 am »

Just starting Black2 over again.  Deciding to do a mono-poke run this time.  As soon as I can trade it over, it's just going to be me and Stunfisk against the world. 

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »

If they gave a dude contrary and leaf storm/overheat/draco meteor/etc. he'd be banished to ubers within the month.
Shoes...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

Even at like 10 base Sp. Atk?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2013, 01:51:24 pm »

If they gave a dude contrary and leaf storm/overheat/draco meteor/etc. he'd be banished to ubers within the month.
I think the point of the Reudh's Serperior comment was that it exists already.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »

Like Serperior? Because that's Serperior's dream world ability. It's usable in some Pokemon Online metagames, and it's a sight to behold. Especially with a Choice Scarf. Quagsire can't even ignore its boosts due to Leaf Storm being a grass move, but Miltank, Sawsbuck, and Bouffalant can wreck it with Sap Sipper and a fire move. (Miltank's Fire Punch is excellent for this.) I believe he's still only OU or UU with that though, because there are enough faster Pokemon that you can revenge kill him or otherwise kill him. Ninjask can take the first leaf storm without batting an eye, even after Stealth Rock damage. The second can hurt him, but on turn two he'll be fast enough to outspeed even Choice Serperior and KO with X-Scissor. In fact, none of Serperior's viable moves can do more than a possible 2HKO, even after Stealth Rock damage. Heatran can also tank Leaf Storm with ease, and return fire with Eruption or any other fire move. In fact, most 4x grass-resisting and some 2x resisting Pokemon can counter him, so long as they're fast enough. (Or scarfed.)

I suppose a Life Orb set on Serperior could work with Hidden Power, but otherwise the only decent special move he gets is Leaf Storm. And the drop in speed would make him trivially easy to counter.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:43 pm »

Someday I'm going to go into a Pokemon simulator with Contrary+Coil Serperior and everyone will learn to fear me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

Most simulators that run on Wifi rules don't allow unreleased Dream World abilities.

Also, remember that Ubers classification isn't just about strength, it's also about centralizing the meta.  If every team needs a specific strategy to counter contrary/leafstorm serperior, that could be grounds for banishment too.

And let me rephrase that, a pokemon with contrary and leaf storm that can actually put it to good use. Ninjask isn't uber because even with free +6 speed he's not gonna crush a decent team, whereas Blaziken is, because he can.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:41:56 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 463