Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672743 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2013, 11:33:14 am »

Yeah, it's not hugely difficult.  Make a team using Smogon, play a few games with it until you're feeling comfortable with the actual mechanics of the game, then go up and check the threat list on Smogon for your tier.  A quick read-through can give you a good idea of what each of the major players can do, and since it's Pokemon it's easy to recognize them. 

As for actual tiers, I started with RU.  Ubers is kind of lame, I mean you can have anything you want but there's only like ten Pokemon anyone uses and it seems like most ubers players are dumb or kids.  OU is the most popular and probably has the biggest selection of usable Pokemon, but that's not always a good thing.

RU is very centralized like ubers, but seems to have better players.  It's pretty easy to get familiar with the RU metagame, there's like twenty or thirty big threats.

Also, Wobbuffet is a boss, I'm thinking about switching him in for Sableye after seeing him clean house in ubers.  If you don't one shot him you're dead.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:42:39 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »

Oh for people who think challenge mode in black and white 2 is too easy (I did) give the rom hack Blaze Black 2 or Volt White 2 a try on challenge mode all gym have 6 Pokemon you can also catch every Pokemon in the hack so no need to trade.
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26326-Pok%E9mon-Blaze-Black-2-amp-Pok%E9mon-Volt-White-2
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:27:50 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2013, 11:07:50 pm »

Got a new team, can't be assed to put up a whole setup but it's a joke anyway.

Choice scarf Nidoking
Choice scarf Jirachi
Choice scarf Scizor
Choice scarf Starmie
Choice scarf Terrakion
Choice scarf Hydreigon

I call it Pro-Choice.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2013, 11:13:19 pm »

Oh for people who think challenge mode in black and white 2 is too easy (I did) give the rom hack Blaze Black 2 or Volt White 2 a try on challenge mode all gym have 6 Pokemon you can also catch every Pokemon in the hack so no need to trade.
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26326-Pok%E9mon-Blaze-Black-2-amp-Pok%E9mon-Volt-White-2

Okay, that's just cool. Thanks for the link.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2013, 12:18:55 am »

Okay, that's just cool. Thanks for the link.
I'll let you know now the 2nd gym is really hard on challenge mode.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:11 am »

Got a new team, can't be assed to put up a whole setup but it's a joke anyway.

Choice scarf Nidoking
Choice scarf Jirachi
Choice scarf Scizor
Choice scarf Starmie
Choice scarf Terrakion
Choice scarf Hydreigon

I call it Pro-Choice.
Hilarious as that is, isn't a scarf on Scizor kind of redundant with a priority move like Bullet Punch at his disposal? Though that could really shock an enemy revenge killer.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

You really need two choice scarves, two choice bands, and two choice specs. That way you have a choice of which choices to choose.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2013, 04:40:04 am »

Posting to watch, because pokemons.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:00 am »

Pokemon musicals can blow me, and getting 10 followers even more so.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »

I'm probably not gonna use the pro-choice team much.  I mean, against a bad player it'd probably be the perfect departure from convention to throw him hopelessly off his game.  League of Legends is real bad for that kind of thing too, the meta is so strictly enforced even below the competitive level that they just aren't prepared to handle anything weird.

Against a good player, though, it'd be a mess.  He'd probably figure it out by turn 3 or 4 and since I'm dependent on pivots and switch-ins instead of dedicated walls, it's a simple matter to predict which pokemon is coming in on a given attack and pick the right move to blow him up on the switch.  I do that all the time with my Nidoking, switch him in on a lightning pokemon and then use sheer force ice beam to one-shot the incoming dragonite or tornadus.  That shit's demoralizing, and usually gets me an easy forfeit.
Shoes...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »

the pro-choice team
I don't know much about Pokemon, but what the hell? Can you do that in Pokemon o_O?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »

It's a joke.  There are three held items in Pokemon, Choice Scarf, Band, and Specs.  They boost your speed, attack, and special attack, respectively, by 50%, but once you use an ability you're locked into that ability until you switch back out.  I made a team of all choice-scarfed pokemon, which means I'll almost always get the first attack but I have to constantly switch pokemon around, which gives up momentum and becomes predictable after a few turns, opening me up to huge damage on the switch.  I'd have to seriously modify it if I wanted it to be actually viable.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

So is Victini any good? I'm using a Houndoom for my fire atm and I already have a psychic
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:05:51 pm by Alkhemia »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2013, 07:05:37 pm »

Victini's got that magic 100-all-around stat pool, and V-Create hits like a truck even against neutral enemies.  I haven't used him, but he seems pretty decent.  He's got the same problem as Latios et al that his signature move lowers his damage, but it hits so hard you'll barely notice.
Shoes...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »

Also his ability increases accuracy for your entire team
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 463