Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672834 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:05 am »

D/P had the Underground. Unless you count the Global Link site, I don't think it has one.

Closest equivalent is the entralink, which in this one doesn't allow you to see eachother. Basiaccly you can do challenges on the entralink which cause things related to the challenge on the regular overworld so you can do the entralink while progressing on the normal game.
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:20 pm »

I don't think it's ethical to name a Ditto "31HP/30SpD" but I'm not a particularly ethical trainer. In other news, I got a Ditto with good stats!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

I don't think it's ethical to name a Ditto "31HP/30SpD" but I'm not a particularly ethical trainer. In other news, I got a Ditto with good stats!

I ... do the exact same thing >_>

Also, if you happen to have multiple games and means of trading between them, I try to ditto hunt on my non-main game.  Makes breeding a little less painful. 

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 06:01:20 pm »

I've only got Black right now, but I'm doing all my Ditto hunting with it so when I get Black 2 I can transfer them all.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:03 pm »

Damn you Selfdestruct/Explosion nerf! Damn you! I can no longer steamroll everyone with kamikazes. :'(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10:57 pm »

I feel like I'm missing an in-joke involving Dittos. Can someone clear up why naming mons after stats is unethical, or why you would catch Dittos in one version just to transfer them to another?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »

Damn you Selfdestruct/Explosion nerf! Damn you! I can no longer steamroll everyone with kamikazes. :'(
Yeah, it kinda sucks having Explosion not be the strongest move in the game anymore.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 06:45:08 pm »

Can someone clear up why naming mons after stats is unethical

It was just a joke based on the whole Pokemon as friends/pets. I wouldn't name my kid "6' tall" and wouldn't name my greyhound "39mph top running speed".

or why you would catch Dittos in one version just to transfer them to another?

Eggs are produced more quickly at the day care if the parents are from different game cards.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »

Also, Ditto is a pain in the arse to find when you don't know where he is yet. Much easier to just trade/transfer over a ditto and let the pokedex do your locating work for you if you need a second one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:24 pm »

504!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:16:29 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31:18 am »

Today I learned that Sawsbuck is awesome. I shall use my army of dittos to get a good one.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »

I've been using a fun team I found lately, Landorus-T, Scizor, Keldeo-R, Starmie, and Zoroark.  Pretty good as is, and also just about everybody (especially Keldeo and Scizor) functions as awesome bait.  Disguise Zoroark as Keldeo and watch the other guy's reaction when his Jellicent gets one-shotted on the switch.
Shoes...

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »

Playing W2

Story long finished, and all in-game events done.  Working on my join avenue which just hit lvl51.  Used to have one of everything, but now I'm replacing some stores (berries/shop) with more dojos for easy EV (and level) training.

Got my entree to white 30/black 7.  Slowly getting black levels up for the trainer card advancement.

Caught/bred/raised every pokemon I can naturally get in-game outside of a few swarm/grotto pokemon.  Going to still need to trade over almost 100 for full dex completion. 

Got all TMs outside of ones needing BP.  DurANT/Carracosta team can get me about 8 BP per tournament reliably, but maybe I'll throw together a team that could handle triple/rotation battles so I could get up to 18 BP per tournament at the PWT.

175-ish medals so far.  The 30-funfest-participants is all but impossible for me, and the 1000 passers-by seems equally impossible.  I'd at least like to get over 200, and finish out the "challenge" medals.

Did all the movies on good ending, and have about 1/4th of the cult endings finished. 

Need to remember to more regularly check on the dream world.  That modern house will be mine yet!

Crazy how much stuff there is to do post-story.  And I haven't even touched the battle subway yet. 

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »

I fully EV trained a Sawsbuck and realized that I picked the one with the worst stats instead of the one with the best. Grah.

Also, speaking of dream world shit, does anyone want to be dream world friends? From what I can tell, you just water each other's berries, which gets everyone more berries. Also you can trade items but I don't think anyone actually uses the swap shelf.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2013, 06:22:51 pm »

I fully EV trained a Sawsbuck and realized that I picked the one with the worst stats instead of the one with the best. Grah.

Also, speaking of dream world shit, does anyone want to be dream world friends? From what I can tell, you just water each other's berries, which gets everyone more berries. Also you can trade items but I don't think anyone actually uses the swap shelf.
Watering berries yields more berries, but you also get dream points for watering berries too.  Dream points basically just act as a gate to further content.  Have a link.

I have actually used the swap shelf a bit.  Helps to find some of those rare berries, and just grab additional items.  I'd friend you, but I'm not sure what info you need.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 463