Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672091 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Mega Evolutions O_O
« Reply #660 on: August 08, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »

My current baseless speculation is an item that, when held, causes mega-forme. Also, only in highest-evolution pokemon and (maybe) only one per party.

There is some thing about a Mega Stone so it's a good possibility. Also Serebii mentioned something about Mega Blaziken involving a hold item called Blazikenite, so maybe each mon has it's own item?

That would mean there'd be quite a collection of items that would be otherwise useless unless you had the right 'mon. Pokeomon gotta-collect-em-all-athon!
You say that like there isn't that sort of collection already. (All of those plates that only affect Arceus' form)
Well they also buff the move types as well like soft sand, etc.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 08, 2013, 05:59:18 pm »

MAWILE SORTA-EVOLUTION FUCK YES.

*ahem*

That... looks a lot like some fanart I've seen, just without the addition of pink-ness. So that's cool.

Also, yeah, they're really shaking up the meta. I mean, that's a GOOD thing, it's been the same for two or three releases now right?

Ampharos getting hair is a little weird. Otherwise, nah, it's not too over-the-top.

It's like Lv.X from the card games, methinks.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 08, 2013, 06:05:48 pm »

No, the meta has been pretty different since they added dream world abilities and so on. (Counting unova as one release and d/p/p as third, with hg/ss being in the middle)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2013, 07:34:06 pm »

It reminds me of Delta Pokemon a bit, which were Pokemon in the CCG that had different types (so, for instance, a Water-type Bellossom).  I'm rather ambivalent about it; it seems like it would be rather easy to make it rather gimmicky, but if done well, it should give a boost to several Pokemon that, while fun, were rather underperforming compared to later generations (Mawile, Ampharos, and Absol).  Plus, it sounds rather fun to play with in-game, which is the real litmus test for me. 

Of course, it also confirms the rumours of a boost to Mawile, which is probably my favorite part of this.  Well, that and the announced Torchic event, which if I recall properly, will be the first legal release of a starter with a Dream World ability

EDIT: Well, I was completely wrong about that.  There have been Global Link events for the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:38:36 pm by Culise »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »

Mega Ampharos has the most gorgeous, beautiful flowing locks ever. I must have one.

It's weird, though. Blaziken, Lucario, and Absol are all huge fan favorites, which makes sense, but Mawile is pretty niche and Ampharos is kind of mostly forgotten.

Mega forms seem like the sort of over-the-top stuff they'd use to push cool Pokemon to the next level, while I'd just expect a regular additional evolution for something like Mawile. I guess Ampharos can't be helped if they're not willing to put proper 4th stage evolutions in yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 08, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »

Lucario looks the best there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:58 pm »

I think Amphy has a fan following in Japan, and I personally LOVE the Mawile (one of my favorites- I don't like a lot of the no-evo pokemon barring Mawile and Smeargle.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 08, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »

Lucario looks the best there.

Those are some majestically flowing dreadlocks.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 08, 2013, 11:32:30 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait. wait. wait.

Wait.

All of them look more or less the same except with MAGNIFICENT HAIR!

They really are going super saiyan

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 09, 2013, 12:08:56 am »

Come on Farfetched!  That poor bastard needs some love Game Freak!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 09, 2013, 12:33:12 am »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 09, 2013, 07:33:27 am »

Pokemon is finally entering the over-the-top era of cheesiness?
But holy cow, an evolving legendary. That's new. (as well as four-line families ie. Mega Blaziken and Mega Ampharos)

Now watch a wave of mega-eeveelution fanart. You heard it here first.
(and mega evolutions in general)

I wonder if all Pokemon are going to get those megaevos, but I doubt that they'd go that far.
Also, are the mega-evo names "Mega [INSERT JAPANESE NAME]" or brand new names? I can't read in Japanese, you know.
Alright, I got it.

The concept is interesting, and it's definitely something new. And it's good to see more evos (even if conditional and probably not permament) of old Pokemon (which is what kinda made Gen V a big "meh" to me. Until B2/W2 it felt like a complete restart, which I'm not particularly fond of)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:43:07 am by DarkDXZ »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 09, 2013, 08:29:34 am »

Megamantine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 09, 2013, 09:20:28 am »

new vid confirms it happens in battle, and using something called a "mega stone"

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 09, 2013, 09:28:36 am »

We Dragon Ball now!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 463