Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673845 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5910 on: December 29, 2016, 08:18:10 am »

Yeah, the most common reason you'd see an abra on wonder trade is Synchronise spam, one of the tricks to breed the perfect pokemon. An Adamant Abra is a godsend for most offense based mons.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: December 29, 2016, 11:55:04 am »

Note that the fainted synchronizer only works for the first Pokemon in an SOS chain. After that, the game checks the active pokemon's ability and the first (potentially fainted) Pokemon's nature. So for unique pokemon, you still need your adamant abra, but for everything else you want a kadabra/alakazam/umbreon/espeon that can survive until the next SOS call.

EDIT: Same thing for cute charm, compound eyes, etc., as far as I know, minus the weirdness with checking a different pokemon's nature. Which is a shame, because fainted compound eyes + active frisker would be really convenient.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:56:38 am by Oneir »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: December 30, 2016, 12:22:25 pm »

Spoiler: Postgame spoilers (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: December 30, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »

This has apparently turned into a meme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: December 30, 2016, 07:59:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: January 03, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »

While cleaning out my storage room I found my old Pokemon Diamond cartridge.  Decided that I might as well check it for pokes and see what I had.  Seems I did little to no transferring from that game.

Then when looking it up I found out why.  I need 2 DSes, and then I have to transfer them to pokemon black/white first (and can't just transfer, I have to play a minigame to actually catch them 6 at a time) and then poke transporter them into the bank.

Why couldn't they just make this....ya know....simple.  Fortunately since I recently upgraded from a 2ds to a 3dsxl I met the '2 nintendo ds' requirement I must not have met before.

It also seems I had a hackmon in my diamond box.  I thought I quit my hacking after Fire Red when I learned how to legitimately breed.  But it seems someone must have hacked me a jirachi at some point.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: January 03, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »

It'd be nice if Transporter worked on the gen 4 games too, but I guess that'd be too helpful.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: January 04, 2017, 03:57:45 am »

Likely the only reason Poketransport doesnt supoort Ge4 is due to the whole this-gen-to-the-next-gen transport limit from way back then.
We have yet to get import methods that skip generations, though if i heard right, poketransport and Bank will allow BW/B2W2-to-SuMo, which skips XY/ORAS as well as XY/ORAS to SuMo.
I doubt it will, but i hope it will
Again my statement is purely rumor until proven/disproven, and I'm sorry i can't provide my source it's been so long since i looked into it all.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: January 04, 2017, 05:34:37 am »

Doesn't Bank already support the downloadable versions of Gen I?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: January 04, 2017, 10:18:19 am »

Not yet.  It will support the downloadable ones when the compatibility patch for sun/moon drops.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: January 25, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »

Doublepost for update.  Pokebank is now updated for SuMo.  Rejoice.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: January 25, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »

Doublepost for update.  Pokebank is now updated for SuMo.  Rejoice.
I would've posted about 3 hours ago but I wasn't sure if I should've gone into linking the info or not...
Either way, PokeBank now lets Previous-Gen pokemon into Sun and Moon.

Overall, I still haven't beaten the E4 so this is gonna be unusual, but hey: at least I can dominate the e4 using my newly trained up sorta-self-insert Pokemon, lol.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: January 25, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »

Already brought my old triples team into battle spot.  they seem to be doing better than I expected.  I few pokes have moves selected for range. which isn't a thing in doubles, but I'll need surprisingly few adjustments.

They....nerfed illusion?  My Zoroark lost it's disguise when it attacked....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:41:22 pm by Greiger »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: January 25, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

I never use Zoroark myself so i can't say yay/nay on that.

Overall I don't play competitively at all*, so being able to bring my Pokemon over is all about "keepin' my old friends with me" so to say.
I never cared for Doubles in the old gba Games, however I did like the doubles in DPPT, rare as they were in-game.
Triples weren't my thing, but I sure do miss Rotation and Sky battles(in-game yeah but still)!

* - I do effort value and use viable items, but my EV spread choice and Moveset are all my own thing, whatever floats mah boat!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: January 25, 2017, 05:44:34 pm »

They....nerfed illusion?  My Zoroark lost it's disguise when it attacked....

That's odd. Bulbapedia has a Gen VII note for Illusion, but is says nothing of losing the effect when attacking, just that Power of Alchemy and Receiver cannot copy it.

But the Pokemon Bank being updated? Hell yes, I can port my Lv.100 Mawile over, Hyper Train her, and cram EV-reduction berries down her throat to min-max her stat distribution.

Has anyone tried sending a Hyper Trained Pokemon back to a previous generation? Do they lose the effects of Hyper Training? Or is it blocked entirely?

...And crap, I just realized that you can't get Mega Stones for non-Alola-native Pokemon(like Mawile), unless Z-Crystals can substitute for Mega Stones for some Pokemon.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 463