Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672401 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »

It looks like flying to me.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »

I think its going to be flying.

also, that new eeveelution def looks like Normal or Psychic. Looks far too cutesy (ugh) to be a dragon type.
We already have a psychic Eveelution, also Altaria.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26:24 pm »

I think the various language names have been picked apart enough that the folks over at Smogon are pretty sure it's going to be flying type. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

Some part of me believes that Eevee will never get a "Normal" type evolution.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2013, 07:26:34 pm »

Speaking of picking apart names, one pet peeve of mine that's seriously rampant on the Pokemon wiki is speculation.  Every name entry on Bulbapedia is full of people who jumped in and said "Maybe it's also x thing that it almost definitely isn't"
Shoes...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2013, 08:38:59 pm »

also, that new eeveelution def looks like Normal or Psychic. Looks far too cutesy (ugh) to be a dragon type.
Eevee evolving into a dragon? That's silly. A Steel type evolution I could believe, a Ghost type I could believe, there hasn't been poison or fighting either. But a dragon evolution? That just seems completely out of the blue. Espeon has psychic covered too, so I dunno about the chances of another psychic evolution.

Looking at the new evolution though, I honestly wouldn't know what to say. maybe a ghost type? Those ribbon things remind me of a chimeco. If it's a normal type, it'll have to be rlly gud.

I need to follow these newfangled sixth gen pokemans.

The concept comes from the old physical/special split, back before the fourth generation replaced it with the present system.  Special moves were of the types Water (Vaporeon), Electric (Jolteon), Fire (Flareon), Dark (Umbreon), Psychic (Espeon), Ice (Glaceon), and Grass (Leafeon).  Oh, and Dragon.  Hence, some people believe that a Dragon type is likely.  There's also the Flying type, based on appearance and that diagram that Nintendo put up of all the Eeveelutions that appeared to be organized by type weakness, but I can't seem to find that picture for some reason. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:41:49 pm by Culise »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2013, 10:18:44 pm »

Speaking of picking apart names, one pet peeve of mine that's seriously rampant on the Pokemon wiki is speculation.  Every name entry on Bulbapedia is full of people who jumped in and said "Maybe it's also x thing that it almost definitely isn't"

Quote from: the top of every bulbapedia page
PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES.

People need to learn how to read.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

May be flying, but still does look like a Normal type to me.

plus, pure Flying ? Unless it has good stats it's going to be yet another forgotten pokémon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2013, 05:36:28 pm »

May be flying, but still does look like a Normal type to me.

plus, pure Flying ? Unless it has good stats it's going to be yet another forgotten pokémon.

You act like people currently use ALL of Eevee's forms.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2013, 05:58:33 pm »

Well, if we're going by Smogon:

Flareon: Never used (despite its base 130 attack)
Vaporeon: Over-used
Jolteon: Over-used
Espeon: Over-used
Umbreon: Under-used
Leafeon: Never used (despite its base 110 attack and base 130 defense)
Glaceon: Never used (despite its base 130 SpAttack and base 110 defense)

Well, from that you can see.

Flareon is never used because of its extremely shallow movepool, to the point that its strongest STAB move is fire fang.

Umbreon is under used because it's somewhat easy to counter.

Glaceon and Leafeon are never used because of Leafeon being outclassed by a good group of other grass types, and ditto to Glaceon.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 28, 2013, 11:10:49 pm »

Flareon has always been looked over, its crying out for a physical STAB move with 80 or more base power but each generation has just brought it more special STAB moves and weaker and/or non-STAB physical moves. Its base stats also work heavily against it, its too slow to sweep, its HP is too low to be a special wall and it boasts a weakness to Stealth Rock on top of it all. I suspect that if it were given Flare Blitz it might see more use but it doesn't have enough for it to ever be any more than being underused.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2013, 11:15:36 pm »

Flareon has always been looked over, its crying out for a physical STAB move with 80 or more base power but each generation has just brought it more special STAB moves and weaker and/or non-STAB physical moves. Its base stats also work heavily against it, its too slow to sweep, its HP is too low to be a special wall and it boasts a weakness to Stealth Rock on top of it all. I suspect that if it were given Flare Blitz it might see more use but it doesn't have enough for it to ever be any more than being underused.

If it were a different type, it'd be better. If it had base 130 SpAtk, it'd be better. If if if.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2013, 03:33:01 am »

Glaceon: Never used (despite its base 130 SpAttack and base 110 defense)

Glaceon and Leafeon are never used because of Leafeon being outclassed by a good group of other grass types, and ditto to Glaceon.
Yes, Glaceon is outclassed by a large number of grass types.  :P And steel types. And dragon types. I mean... Ice is pretty bad typing, especially for a defensive pokemon. Glaceon's not terrible at attacking, but it is slow. That said, Glaceon is by no means a bad ice type. There are only eight tiered above it, counting Kyurem as one.

Ubers: Kyurem-W
OU: Mamoswine, Cloyster, Kyurem-B
UU: Abomasnow, Froslass, Weavile, Kyurem (The former only for Snow Warning, I'm sure.)
RU: Jynx, Cryogonal

But you look at NU for competition, and you see very little. Regice makes for a very specific special wall. Walrein is effective in the higher tiers with Snow Warning available, but fairly mediocre without it. Articuno's great, but loses twice the health from Stealth Rock. In a field of turds, it's at least in the more polished half.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »

Meleotta event starts today in the US. It's being given out at Gamestops and will run till the 24th
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »

I was just about to ask about that! Time to locate the nearest Gamestop and pick up my first-ever event Pokemon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 463