Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672554 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Well, aside from egg moves, Neo's points were a valid concern pre B(2)/W(2), where HMs are consumed at will, making a lot of builds mutually exclusive unless you possessed another copy of the game and had a pokemon trade that item across.

Still doesn't mean pokemon training for competitive play where rules may or may not be moderated by Smogon (because some people like enforcing non-official rules) isn't tiring.

Ah, so his points are a valid concern circa 2009 or so?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Well, aside from egg moves, Neo's points were a valid concern pre B(2)/W(2), where HMs are consumed at will, making a lot of builds mutually exclusive unless you possessed another copy of the game and had a pokemon trade that item across.

Still doesn't mean pokemon training for competitive play where rules may or may not be moderated by Smogon (because some people like enforcing non-official rules) isn't tiring.
There were also event moves and special Pokemon, which I believe he is referring to as he explicitly stated that he is not referring to move tutors or, by further implication, their like (TMs, etc).  V-Create Ray-Q and Victini spring immediately to mind, but I believe Wish Chansey also is another such example (one event in the second half of December 2004, looking it up).  Tri-Attack Togekiss was largely superseded by the new Fairy typing, but until then, the only way to get it was through Colosseum, if I recall properly.  If you do include TMs, Stealth Rock is still only available on Skarmory via Gen 4 TM, for instance, but again, that example was largely superseded by Gen 6 (this time by ORAS move tutors).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:08:53 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

It's really weird how Game Freak has made this ultra complex, bizzaro trade nightmare and turned it into a really simple, easymode kid's game.

I have no qualms about telling people I love playing pokemon battles but then they'll always think it's for kids. They don't realize that underneath that ez-mode game is one of the most complex online battle experiences. Not because the fights themselves are complex, but because the mechanics behind the battles are so obtuse.

I'm still waiting for that one dev to follow through on his wish to get rid of some of the garbage like IVs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They didn't really turn it into a kids game, they just ended up with a really effective cover and then kept going making their secretly complex trading mons game in broad daylight.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They mostly disguise how deep the game is by making it incredibly easy.

I played enough fanmade pokemons to understand that if they wanted to turn up the heat they could do so easily.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

They mostly disguise how deep the game is by making it incredibly easy.

I played enough fanmade pokemons to understand that if they wanted to turn up the heat they could do so easily.
Also by default they have you in a cheating position where you can switch out pokemon every time you defeat one. AND THEY TELL YOU WHAT'S COMING NEXT WHAT THE FUCK.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Registration for field tests of Pokemon GO in New Zealand and Australia has begun. Requires a Gmail account apparently. Signing up does not guarantee entry.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Apparently there's an event here in Europe(no further clarification given) that lets you get Hoopa by entering HOOPA2016 in the mystery gift code thing. Will check this out and edit this post with results.

EDIT: Works here in Ireland, and apparently Europe-wide. Enjoy, fellow Europeans.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:56:44 pm by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Whatsahoopa?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatsahoopa?

Mythic Dark/Psychic Pokemon. Apparently a jerkass. {Also implied to be dropping other legendaries into Hoenn in ORAS.}

Tried the code in the US. "You cannot receive the prize from this code."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double-post bump, because it's May 1st and this topic is relevant again - Go to GameStop and pick up your download code for Darkrai. Enjoy your nightmares.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first GameStop I went to didn't have any cards, the second one gave me two.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, free non-shiny Zygardes are available in the U.S. until May 8. If you've got a Nintendo Network ID, (and you probably do if you've ever used the e-shop) then you can get it by Mystery Gift => Receive from Internet. Zygarde isn't *that* hard to get normally, but if you want to, say, get one in ORAS without transferring from XY, well, here you go.

Also note that Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal giveways are expected in the next two weeks, via the same method.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh...

Since Hell is an official location in Pokémon...

Anyone ever wonder what pokemon you can catch there?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Houndour and Houndoom would be my guess.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 463