Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672662 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3885 on: November 28, 2014, 06:39:36 am »

I think we could start sharing Secret Base QR codes under a spoiler tag. Would also be nice to let people know ahead of scans where it is so they can make sure the base is open in their game and also let them know if any item or move is needed to reach your base. I'll lead by example.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: November 28, 2014, 07:31:06 am »

Okay one final thing for Rotation Battles:
Burn/Poison DMG:
If I poison their first pokemon, and they rotate it out, will it still take the damage per turn of it's affliction?
--and by extension will Badly Poisoned like with Toxic still increase in dmg over turn if the afflicted is not rotated in.

Regardless I will run a Toxic user as I have Burns covered, so just trying to make sure I know my limits.
(I've only done 2 wireless, local, casual rotations, same foe, neither of us had burn/poison effects, but used ParaFusion.)
That'll be all the info I'll need to get started team planning.

No.  At least it didn't when I played.  Toxic is still crippling on walls especially, and burn still ruins physical sweepers and puts a time limit on specials.  Toxic is still very very worth it on most teams.  Although note that swapping him out resets the poison counter, which can actually be an okay thing because they'll usually swap sweepers out to reset the poison and thus lose all their buffs.
Shoes...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: November 28, 2014, 08:29:47 am »

The 3DS support page is too heavy to load on a 3DS?

As inane as it sounds: yep. The scripts for the error code lookup and the like take too long or are too inefficient or something, so it just terminates the attempt to run them.

The 3DS browser is really, really shitty.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: November 28, 2014, 09:03:15 am »

Supposedly they're working on a better one for the New 3ds.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: November 28, 2014, 05:53:42 pm »

Just wanted to pop in here one last time to let people know that the revamped Pokemon Rivalry tournament rules are done, the map is made, the routes are numbered, and things are going to get started this Monday (assuming people are ready)! If you're interested in a tournament that does a decent impression of an actual playthrough of the game, we're looking for one more person here.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3890 on: November 29, 2014, 07:43:08 pm »

Guys,

I've been gone for a few days and during that time I caught a shiny.

A shiny tentacool.
In my 10+ years of playing these games, the first non-guaranteed shiny that I've ever caught is a tentacool.
Welp.
Does anyone know any good tentacruel sets?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:44:59 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: November 29, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »

Tentacruel has super high special defense, nonexistent physical defense, and is okay at everything else.

It's generally pretty defensive except for one crucial flaw. It dies in one hit to earthquake. Which is why air balloon is pretty common on it. Other common items are leftovers / black sludge and focus sash.

There's a few ways to use it. Most common is rapid spin. If you don't know what that is then you probably won't be interested in that.

It also likes to set up things like toxic spikes. Again, if you don't know what that is then you probably won't be interested.

If you're lucky and your Tentacool has its hidden ability, then you have more options as rain dish can make its regeneration pretty insane. The other skills are kinda meh.

Lastly, it can be infuriatingly annoying with scald, toxic, and other such skills. It works fine as a special attacker as long as it's not fighting against earthquake.

---

Tentacruel is actually quite a popular pokemon because of the above reasons. Aside from the weakness to earthquake it's quite hard to kill while being reasonably fast and hitting decently hard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: November 29, 2014, 10:05:38 pm »

So ORAS you can see the pokemon you fly, surf, and dive with? With you with them?

Or is that just for specific pokemon?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3893 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

umiman: Thanks.
Some more info on this shiny Tentacool: It has a relaxed nature and Clear Body
Sooo, bad nature and okay ability.

Oh well, that's how shinys work. They convince you to roll with mediocre pokemon.

Neonivek: It's only Wailmer, Sharpedo, and Kyogre.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:16 pm »

It's just for a couple specific ones. I don't know about flying, but the only unique surf/dive models are for Wailmer, Sharpedo and Kyogre.

(and Sharpedo gives you a pretty huge speed boost)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: November 29, 2014, 11:33:33 pm »

umiman: Thanks.
Some more info on this shiny Tentacool: It has a relaxed nature and Clear Body
Sooo, bad nature and okay ability.

Oh well, that's how shinys work. They convince you to roll with mediocre pokemon.

Neonivek: It's only Wailmer, Sharpedo, and Kyogre.
Clear body has a bit of a use in multi battles. Especially triple battles. Simply because moves like icy wind are so common there. Other than that it's pretty garbage, especially on someone who doesn't care about intimidate.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: November 29, 2014, 11:54:21 pm »

Smogon has created an entirely new tier1 due to Mega Rayquaza being too uber for Ubers

1. Anything Goes (AG)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:00:45 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: November 29, 2014, 11:57:46 pm »

Smogon has created an entirely new tier due to Mega Raquaza being too uber for Ubers
Hahaha, well we all kinda saw it coming. It is complete and total bullshit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: November 30, 2014, 12:01:24 am »

Ehhh Smogon's tier system is consistently broken anyhow... or shall we forget Kyurm (or however you spell his name) before the hybrid.

To admit... I can only think about 1-3 instances so I am being overly harsh on Smogon.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:58:21 am by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: November 30, 2014, 12:27:28 am »

Wow Sea Mauville's lore is interesting. And kinda dark. *spoiler warning*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 463