Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672295 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3660 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:41 pm »

So someone on reddit found a much needed crossover for Pokemon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHY ISN'T THIS A THING ALREADY?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 10, 2014, 01:09:25 pm »

Yeah, but sometimes, I wish they didn't care about continuity as much as they did.  After all, if they cared a bit less about it, we wouldn't have to worry about the massive proliferation in different evolution and breeding methods.  OK, if I want a Wynaut, I need to use a Lax Incense, but a Full Incense for Munchlax, and they can be explained away since you couldn't get those items in Gen 2 for Wobbuffet or Gen 1 for Snorlax.  Sea and Wave Incenses are for Azurill and Mantyke, but not the other way around.  Pure Incense is necessary for Chingling, and heaven help you if you forget because you never actually use Chimecho and don't have a guide at your fingertips.  If I want to evolve such-and-such a Pokemon, I need to hold such-and-such an item at a particular time of day, or else trade it while holding such-and-such an item, or else with a Fairy-type move, or else while it's in the same team as a Remoraid, or else I need to do it in a particular location that isn't in every game, or else while holding the 3DS upside-down, and so forth. 

You gotta admit that finding a Feebas in RSE was absolutely ludicrous, though. Sure, I feel more hardcore that I spent  twenty goddamn hours searching that river for the Feebas Tile in order to find a good one to evolve into my Milotic, but come on. I think they made them a little too common in DPP, though the Prism Scale kinda had to exist with the loss of Pokeblocks. I think it's kind of interesting though that that extremely rare fish in Hoenn turned out to be pretty native to Sinnoh and Unova.

I hear Pokken Fighter is being developed by some of the Project Soul folks. If it's anything like Soul Calibur 2, I'm sure I'll greatly enjoy the game.

Camerupt getting Sheer Force seems a little weird, but I guess Lava Plume, Earth Power, and Rock Slide are pretty viable for it. You wouldn't lose health each round from a Life Orb, and I imagine the increased stats would help some. It could be a really good option for a mixed Trick Room sweeper. (At the moment Camerupt is actually a bit fast for some Trick Room teams.)

Mega Rayquaza has the potential to be pretty scary. I'm not sure what the 'Strong Rain' effect means though. Maybe unending rain like old Drizzle, or maybe it provides even more water amplification. (Which would be ludicrous.) The Ground/Fire type of Groudon isn't going to do defensive sets any favors, but it's possible it gets some new moves to make it ridiculous.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 10, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »

Camerupt:
Trick Room joy.  I suppose Sheer Force isn't terrible, though I still wish it carried over Simple from Numel.  Or even Oblivious with the Gen 6 boost.  Really, though, Numel had rather decent abilities that simply vanished when it evolved - imagine what fun a Simple Mega Camerupt would have been with that moveset (specifically, Curse and Amnesia - two turns to max SpDef, three turns on Def) and some reliable non-Rest recovery.  Shame about the opportunity cost of Life Orb, though it isn't that big of a deal given that Camerupt wouldn't have any access to Sheer Force otherwise.

Sharpedo:
Already has Ice Fang by level-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also gains the other Fang moves as tutor moves.  Even Crunch/Ice Fang is pretty decent, though; you're already likely to be running a Protect/Substitute set to get at least 1-2 boosts in before Mega Evolving. 

Feebas:
Heh, no contradictions here.  I definitely agree on that, though it will be nice to be able to evolve a Milotic without trading. 

"Rayquaza":
All I have to say on this is that I will be so highly amused if Primal/Mega Rayquaza remains held in reserve for some theoretical Delta Emerald, given the lack of any official word on it.  It's not something they'll reveal before the very end anyways, but it'd still be amusing. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 10, 2014, 01:25:17 pm »

I doubt Sharpedo will get Fire Fang, for obvious reasons.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:26 pm »

The only thing Mega Camerupt has going for him is STAB fire attacks... which are actually pretty scary. Sheer force boosted lava plume does 104 base damage (not including STAB) on all opponents in multi battles. Maybe he'll also get that new Groudon attack haha. Otherwise he's kinda a weaker version of Nidoking.

I think these megavolutions have a lot more going for them that isn't revealed yet such as new moves or dramatic stat changes, because if not they're pretty underwhelming.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:30 am »

Well, according to Serebii's update, Mega Gallade retains itself as Psychic/Fighting.
Which I'll restate was the most likely to occur of my three hopes for him. Very eager to make use of him.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 11, 2014, 10:10:30 am »

Quote from: Serebii
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This continues on from yesterday's information and reveals Primal Kyogre's new move, Origin Wave. Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution. It also states clarifications about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen
Edit @ 06:09: Mega Gallade details confirmed. It is Psychic/Fighting-type still, and has the ability Inner Focus

A new promotion has been announced for Europe. If you register a Nintendo 3DS and a copy of Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire onto the European Club Nintendo site from today (for the 3DS) or game launch for each game until January 12th, then you will be given a choice of receiving a free download code for several titles including Pokémon Art Academy as well as various other Nintendo games.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: September 11, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »

Don't buy the 3DS... They're going to be releasing a new version of it in a few months.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 11, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »

In Japan. They say the New 3DS won't be out overseas until sometime next year.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

They don't know yet about the New Tawarochir coming overseas to Force-throttle the guy who had that idea, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 11, 2014, 06:10:45 pm »

Some Hoenn-native pokemon I want to see official Mega-Evolutions of:
Flygon (want so much)
Shiftry
Ludicolo (BEWARE THE MEGA CAREFREE QUACKERZ!)
Crawdaunt
and most of all, SHEDINJA
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 11, 2014, 10:28:28 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 12, 2014, 09:35:19 am »

Primal Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea and it blocks Fire-type moves and changing the weather. Its move is Origin Pulse. Primal Groudon's ability is Desolate Land and it blocks Water-type moves and changing the weather. It's move is Precipice Blades. Both moves can hit multiple opponents. The new weathers are permanent but fade when the Pokémon is switched out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaL_hMpPaM
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: September 12, 2014, 09:41:01 am »

I am a bit surprised Rayquaza doesn't get anything new... given that they are technically a Trio >_>

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: September 12, 2014, 10:08:13 am »

They have implied that it does. They just haven't revealed it yet.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 463