Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672523 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »

No need to do it now, I was saying that it a cool idea.
I still need to beat Blaze Black 2 anyways.

Well if we don't make one soon, it'll probably never get done. Though I haven't exactly been working on the OP anyway. Need to see if more people would be interested first.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:14 pm »

What were you thinking of doing for the LP? Just a normal playthrough with screenshots and name submissions from the crowd? Nuzlocke? A succession LP where we pass the save file?

That said, I was thinking of breaking out my sad, sad underused stream and starting up an almost fully randomized game this week/weekend if that figures in to anything at all.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2013, 04:28:45 pm »

What were you thinking of doing for the LP? Just a normal playthrough with screenshots and name submissions from the crowd? Nuzlocke? A succession LP where we pass the save file?

That said, I was thinking of breaking out my sad, sad underused stream and starting up an almost fully randomized game this week/weekend if that figures in to anything at all.

Either succession or some kind of megathread where we all take the same randomized ROM and post our experiences or something like that. After all, why go to the trouble of having one person play the randomized ROM if the program has a nifty share function? However I haven't really decided, and obviously it'll be something I would want to discuss with other people first.

So, any ideas about the LP, guys?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »

Well there was a really neat parallel universe fort thread a loooong time ago where we all took the same DF embark and built forts, posting back to the thread periodically with updates and DFMA links. We could do something like that where we all start with the same seed (maybe make sure all three starters are at least somewhat worth using so we get some variety there?) and play in parallel? It takes a bit of pressure off of each individual person updating and each person could decide whether they wanted a normal run or Nuzlocke or something in between. Also, I know very little about DS emulators and multiplayer, but we might be able to set up some neat meta-tournaments at various times throughout the playthrough where we fight against the other LPers. Even if the emulators can't do that there are all sorts of online battle tools out there we could probably use.

Edit: aaand I just re-read your posts and realized you suggested exactly what I did and I just didn't read it. I guess just count is as a vote for group LP of the same seed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:36:15 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:13 pm »

Edit: aaand I just re-read your posts and realized you suggested exactly what I did and I just didn't read it. I guess just count is as a vote for group LP of the same seed.

I think you explained it much better though. And if need be we could generate multiple ROMs. Perhaps one for the DS and one for the gameboys? To see if we can get multiplayer working or something. But to be honest I know even less about DS emulators then you do. However if someone wanted to generate one I would gladly stick it in the OP.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 06, 2013, 05:00:02 pm »

I think you explained it much better though. And if need be we could generate multiple ROMs. Perhaps one for the DS and one for the gameboys? To see if we can get multiplayer working or something. But to be honest I know even less about DS emulators then you do. However if someone wanted to generate one I would gladly stick it in the OP.
What do you need to know about DS emulators?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

Essentially: Do they simulate a Wi-Fi connection to allow trading/battling over the internets?

I hadn't thought of doing parallel LPs with different games. It might work, but there might be a bit too much of a disconnect. On the other hand, DS emulators are a little hardware intensive at times, so we might just want to stick to an Advance game or pick one DS and one Advance one like you suggest. Actually a DS and a Red/Blue/Yellow might be interesting. *shrug*

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »

Essentially: Do they simulate a Wi-Fi connection to allow trading/battling over the internets?

I hadn't thought of doing parallel LPs with different games. It might work, but there might be a bit too much of a disconnect. On the other hand, DS emulators are a little hardware intensive at times, so we might just want to stick to an Advance game or pick one DS and one Advance one like you suggest. Actually a DS and a Red/Blue/Yellow might be interesting. *shrug*
One did but Nintendo clamp down and fix it so not anymore.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 06, 2013, 05:51:55 pm »

Right. I've done some investigating. As far as I know, no DS emulator exists with netplay. As Alkhemia said, the only one that did was taken down by Nintendo or something. Additionally I haven't been able to find an emulator for the Advance, so Gen III is completely out. Luckily an emulator for the Game Boy Colour does exist which has netplay. I'd post links, but if I remember correctly Toady One frowns upon emulators in general, so I won't. I haven't tested the netplay for said nameless emulator yet, since I obviously need another body to do so. If somebody wants to help me with that, I'd appreciate it. Anyways-

I should probably think about creating that thread, shouldn't I?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »

Right. I've done some investigating. As far as I know, no DS emulator exists with netplay. As Alkhemia said, the only one that did was taken down by Nintendo or something. Additionally I haven't been able to find an emulator for the Advance, so Gen III is completely out. Luckily an emulator for the Game Boy Colour does exist which has netplay. I'd post links, but if I remember correctly Toady One frowns upon emulators in general, so I won't. I haven't tested the netplay for said nameless emulator yet, since I obviously need another body to do so. If somebody wants to help me with that, I'd appreciate it. Anyways-

I should probably think about creating that thread, shouldn't I?
  Emulator for the advance of one that can go online because any DS emulator will run GBA games.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

Additionally I haven't been able to find an emulator for the Advance, so Gen III is completely out.

Literally the second/third result.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

Additionally I haven't been able to find an emulator for the Advance, so Gen III is completely out.

You're talking about Visual Boy Advance, right? I looked into that and thought that it only had netplay over LAN/simultaneous play. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Whoops. You're right. Never mind then.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:40:09 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »

You're talking about Visual Boy Advance, right? I looked into that and thought that it only had netplay over LAN/simultaneous play. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Whoops. You're right. Never mind then.
I'm not very network-savy, but is TCP/IP over the Internet? There's also the ability to connect to certain IP addresses and servers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »

Whoops, I misunderstood the request. There's actually specific builds of VBA built for netplay. They're called VBA-link. I'm not sure if they're up-to-date, though, but you should also be able to find them through googling or somewhere around the main VBA site.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

I've got VBA link. It's a bit temperamental, but it did allow me to get an Alakazam after a couple of tries. :D
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 463