Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672679 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2013, 11:44:52 pm »

Strongly tempted to start a Nuzlocke run. Never done one before, but it might be an interesting challenge.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2013, 11:53:44 pm »

Strongly tempted to start a Nuzlocke run. Never done one before, but it might be an interesting challenge.
Use this http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26326-Pok%E9mon-Blaze-Black-2-amp-Pok%E9mon-Volt-White-2
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:20 am »

Use this http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26326-Pok%E9mon-Blaze-Black-2-amp-Pok%E9mon-Volt-White-2
Didn't know they already had romhacks of the new games. That was fast O_o

But no, I was thinking of doing Ruby. That version had some of my all-time favorite mons.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2013, 12:03:56 am »

Didn't know they already had romhacks of the new games. That was fast O_o

But no, I was thinking of doing Ruby. That version had some of my all-time favorite mons.
good luck it my favorite gen as well
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:42 am »

Most simulators that run on Wifi rules don't allow unreleased Dream World abilities.

Also, remember that Ubers classification isn't just about strength, it's also about centralizing the meta.  If every team needs a specific strategy to counter contrary/leafstorm serperior, that could be grounds for banishment too.

And let me rephrase that, a pokemon with contrary and leaf storm that can actually put it to good use. Ninjask isn't uber because even with free +6 speed he's not gonna crush a decent team, whereas Blaziken is, because he can.

Ninjask is fast, and that's about all he's got going for him. Swords Dance + Baton Pass + Focus Sash as a suicide baton passing lead is about all he can do.

Blaziken has one of the best offensive types in the game- with fire and fighting, it can supereffectively hit grass, ice, steel, rock, normal, bug, dark (7 / 18 types), neutrally hit everything under the sun, and immune to nothing. That's just counting its STAB moves. It was a powerhouse even before Speed Boost.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:06 am »

Most simulators that run on Wifi rules don't allow unreleased Dream World abilities.

Also, remember that Ubers classification isn't just about strength, it's also about centralizing the meta.  If every team needs a specific strategy to counter contrary/leafstorm serperior, that could be grounds for banishment too.

And let me rephrase that, a pokemon with contrary and leaf storm that can actually put it to good use. Ninjask isn't uber because even with free +6 speed he's not gonna crush a decent team, whereas Blaziken is, because he can.

Ninjask is fast, and that's about all he's got going for him. Swords Dance + Baton Pass + Focus Sash as a suicide baton passing lead is about all he can do.

Blaziken has one of the best offensive types in the game- with fire and fighting, it can supereffectively hit grass, ice, steel, rock, normal, bug, dark (7 / 18 types), neutrally hit everything under the sun, and immune to nothing. That's just counting its STAB moves. It was a powerhouse even before Speed Boost.

Wait, WHAT?

They gave Blaziken SPEED BOOST? I had to look that up just out of disbelief. What the heck happened with the Dream World? Seriously, I'm mostly a gen 3 player, so this is weirding me out just a tad.
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2013, 02:21:13 am »

Yeah, Blaziken fared the best out of the starters with its dream world ability.

Swampert, for example, got Damp. That's pretty terrible. All it is, is it becomes immune to the now-nerfed Explosion and Selfdestruct, and Aftermath.

Sceptile got Unburden. Not a very good ability considering it's already quite fast. +1 speed when its item is used. Nowhere near as powerful as Speed Boost.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:31 am »

Yeah, Blaziken fared the best out of the starters with its dream world ability.

Swampert, for example, got Damp. That's pretty terrible. All it is, is it becomes immune to the now-nerfed Explosion and Selfdestruct, and Aftermath.

Sceptile got Unburden. Not a very good ability considering it's already quite fast. +1 speed when its item is used. Nowhere near as powerful as Speed Boost.

Damp is pretty bad, I think. I mean, it completely prevents Explosion's usage, meaning they won't even self-KO, right?

I can see Unburden being mildly useful in tough battles against the NPCs of the game, but Sceptile doesn't have Endure, does he? If he could learn Endure, then I could see him being an okay revenge killer (although certainly not against Blaziken's Speed Boost, my God...)
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2013, 02:55:48 am »

Unburden means it's faster than pretty much everything in RU. Even Choice Scarf users.

Unburden doubles the user's speed when used (so +2 speed). A +nature, 31 IV, 252 speed EV Sceptile reaches 372 + 372 = 744 speed, outspeeding everything in the tier. It's useful as a subseeder, but Whimsicott outshadows it. :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:13 am »

Damp is good for catching Pokemon! I want to get a Damp+Spore+False Swipe Parasect.

The ultimate catching Pokemon has Damp and its moves are False Swipe, Foresight or Odor Sleuth (to false swipe ghosts), any sleep move, and Mean Look or Block or Spider Web. That way nothing can escape, nothing can blow itself up, and nothing can be immune.

The only potential outs of being caught after that are recoil and running out of PP.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:43 am »

OHKO'ing Deoxys forms and Mew(two) with X-scissor (especially after Swords Dance) is pretty satisfying, too. If the enemy expects a pass, you can sometimes pull out unexpected shenanigans on their psychic and grass types. That attack stat isn't too shabby.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2013, 03:14:06 pm »

Meloetta is being distributed in North America Gamestop's from March 4th to 24th
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

oh my god finally

Also some good news: this is for BW and BW2! Which means I get to have two Meloettas since I'm getting B2 this weekend. Bahaha.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2013, 04:46:46 pm »

Hooray! This will actually be my first event Pokemon, since I now live less than two hours' journey from the nearest GameStop.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »

I think there's a GameStop here in town! :D

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 463