Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672309 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

While faffing about with PSS battles (I still consider myself absurdly incompetent.), I found an interesting counter to Mega-Kangaskhan.

Trace. A taste of Khan's own medicine gone straight to the nightmare zone.

While the only notable users of this are Mega-Alakazam and normal Gardevoir, they're both strong enough to do serious damage to the M-Khan, and sweep/maim/hurt the rest of the team if not seriously hurt by the Khan.

Despite abusing this, (Accidentally, too.) I still lost, being sweeped by their final Pokemon, because I'm that terrible.

Other useful, common abilities to trace are Speed Boost (While Blaziken is dangerous to deal with, a baton Ninjask is the perfect thing to intercept.) and Protean.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

If you're having problems with Mega Kangaskhan, here's some tips:

1. It can't actually 0HKO anything but the most fragile of pokemon. However, while this means you probably don't want to switch into a MK, you should at least try to do as much damage as possible before dying. This is because...
2. It's tanky enough to survive most non-fighting attacks and have HP to spare. So expect to take 2 - 3 attacks to kill MK. So when your suicide pokemon dies, you ideally want MK to be within range of an instant kill. This isn't too hard as there are quite a number of things faster than 100 speed and anything with priority should be able to wipe it out.
3. MK is fairly predictable. It usually uses one moveslot for fake out. One for earthquake. One for return. Sometimes it has power up punch. Sometimes it has sucker punch. Regardless, pay attention to what it's doing. If an MK just came out, you should probably use protect so you can tank the fake out. Or if it has power up punch, use the time it spends building up power to do something nasty.
4. MK is food for fighting pokemon. Practically any fighting pokemon can crush it, as like I said, MK can't kill them in one hit... whereas it will die in one hit to them.
5. If you have a big problem with MK's that use power up punch, you could always keep a reserve choice scarf Ditto in your PSS team. That way when the enemy MK is super duper ultra buffed, just send out your Ditto, steal all the stats, and obliterate it.

Of course, standard stuff like burn and paralyze work great too.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Though probably not the best strat when I've fought a mega kengaskhan in doubles or triples I've usually beaten it with worry seed or sky drop shenanigans.

Worry seed removes it's parental bond which for the most part un-megas it.  If it isn't safe for sceptile to be out it usually get sky drop spammed by my utility aerodactyl until other threats are removed and I can afford to focus it down.
Of course having thunder and smack down, which are capable of damaging stuff being sky dropped for double damage dosn't hurt either.  You can taste the rage being transmitted through the internet.  It tastes much like the tears of a taunted darkrai.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I have to say... a worry seed Sceptile and a sky drop Aerodactyl would be very, very, very far from my prediction list. I didn't even know they had those moves.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I think I have a really odd build for my aerodactyl honestly.  It has sky drop, wide guard, smack down, and iron head.

* Sky drop takes a threat out of the fight for a turn while allowing my rhyperior or jolteon to hit it with smack down and thunder.
* Wide guard to block multi target moves in triples while protecting my jolteon and zoroark from my rhyperior's earthquake.
* Smack down cancels fly and bounce while making flying types and levitators vulnerable to rhyp's earthquake all the while still hitting hard enough to one shot the likes of talonflame and Y mega charizard.
* And iron head for fairy and flinching.  Though it doesn't see as much use as I expected it to. It might be replaced with something like protect or maybe taunt if it learns it.

It's basically there to outspeed and annoy the hell out of anything I think needs annoying.

Sceptile is just a pledger with solarbeam made to work with my y mega charizard. Worry seed was added since I have a friend that likes to use a resting snorlax and I also wanted to remove problematic abilities if needed.  Like sturdy shedinjas, parental bond kengas or things with shadow tag.  Doesn't have much coverage, but he doesn't have much of that anyway.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:58:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

That sounds like a really solid combo.

Though I have to wonder. Maybe instead of worry seed you could use simple beam instead. Then have an Omastar or a Crustle on your team.

So if there's no Snorlax to fight against, you can just simple beam your Crustle / Omastar, have it use shell smash, and become the unholy god of destruction. Jeesus, it'd be like +4 to everything. One surf would obliterate everything except something that was 4x weak to it.

-----

I call this battle, instant-ragequit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-103150460

Shedinja, shell-smash, and Slaking are so douchy in random battles.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Just caught my first wild Eevee in a luxury ball and fistpumped so hard :P
Named Darwin, of course. Careful nature, which seems to lower Sp Atk, so Espeon is probably out. Umbreon maybe?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Umbreon looks like your best shot with a careful nature.

Plus its black color scheme would go great with the ball.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Here's your choices:

1. Vaporeon (w/ water absorb) = Wall with toxic, scald, wish, etc. Pretty decent wall, very hard to punch through without a good electric / grass or a wallbreaking move of your own. Liable to becoming setup bait like any other wall. Water absorb is quite nice to have.

2. Umbreon (w/ synchronize) = Another wall, but not as wall-ey. It's more or less the same as Vaporeon except it has heal bell to cure status. Unlike Vaporeon, it can't attack worth a goddamn (relies on foul play) and its weaknesses are more severe. Synchronize is also a pretty derpy ability though it can cripple the enemy in certain circumstances.

That's more or less it. As it's no doubt obvious, I think Vaporeon is way better than Umbreon. It's actually quite difficult for people to deal with if they don't have grass or electric moves, and those aren't as common as fairy or fighting. Not to mention it can actually attack with scald. Umbreon is almost entirely outclassed by Espeon.

The other Eevelutions all either require their hidden abilities (Slyveon, Flareon, Espeon), a good special attack stat (Jolteon, Glaceon), or are just flat out garbage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bear in mind I have zero intention of battling other people. Just about everyone in the world cares more about strategies than I do, who can barely remember which type is effective against which :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Fire is effective against grass, maaaaan.

Maaaan, this Bayleef is strong stuuuuuuff, yo... Pass me the Leafeon, I want another hit.

* Descan fiddles with the Charmander.

Man, these lighters never work...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, the basics are easy to remember. It's mostly the new stuff that is easy to forget (all I know about Steel is that it's weak to Fire), and I still don't have the slightest idea what Fairy does :P
And some of the old type matchups still skip past me, like when I discovered yesterday that Ice is strong against either Psychic of Flying.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

I'm still sort of like that. The real challenge is trying to remember resistances, because things often go one way in effectiveness.

For example, most know that Dragon is weak to Ice. It's likely that you would assume that ice resists dragon. Wrong, ice is neutral to dragon attacks.

It's stuff like that.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 463