Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672430 times)

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, whatever. They're both totally useless. You get BP in abundance from the Battle Maison(?), and Poke Miles from random Wonder Trades. Of them, I consider BP slightly more useful (some neat items, like Ability Capsules). However, the Bank gave 10 BP or 100 (?) Pokemiles. The former doesn't buy much (and is only ~5 fights worth), the latter gets you a Heart Scale or half a Max Revive.

Only reason to get either reward is because you have to before Celebi becomes available.   ;)

Isn't celebi available in the bank? I got one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Got mine. It's a Lonely nature...which doesn't seem that great...but still, an event legendary to call my very own!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

After the events of TwitchPlaysPokemon, the is only one thing we must do now.

Discuss Omastar. A quick glance at smogon suggests it can actually be useful.

And I suppose also discuss Kabutops, though it doesn't seem as useful.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Omastar does two things:

1. Setup lead (spikes, stealth rock, etc.)

2. Shell smash sweeper (shell smash, surf, white herb, etc.)

Basically identical to Cloyster except typing is rock / water. The only difference is that the typing really sucks and there's no rock special attack STAB move for it to actually use unlike Cloyster which can fight anything once it gets shell smash off.

The reason I saw typing sucks is that it has a 4x weakness to grass and is weak to earthquake and fighting. Also lightning. Even if you manage to shell smash, unless the opponent is weak to water, you're gonna die in the next turn most likely. Setup lead is okay but you will never get off spikes + stealth rock before exploding.

--------

Kabutops is a swift swim sweeper.

You use it when there's rain, so its speed is doubled and water STAB moves are doubled. Then you use STAB stone edge and waterfall / priority aqua jet.

It also has rapid spin, which can be pretty useful.

Same shitty typing as Omastar. Even more fragile. STAB stone edge is pretty scary though.

------------

If I were to rank the fossil pokemon, it'd be like this in descending order:

1. Aerodactyl - Has mega evolution and is scary as shit with that. Pretty meh otherwise.
2. Aurorus - It's abilities are really scary, both of them. Other than the 4x weakness to fighting, it can do some major damage.
3. Carracosta - It's like a much better version of Omastar
4. Archeops - It's super good if it's over 50% hp. Once it goes below that, it's more useless than garbage.
5. Tyrantum - It's okay as a lead. Dies too easily before it can do anything though. You'd think it'd be scary, but it relies on bite moves to do stuff, so no stone edge / etc.
6. Rampardos - One hit wonder. It basically exists to die. But before it dies it does SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH DAMAGE.
7. The rest - They're all just different versions of crappy

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aurorus...is that the one you get from the sail fossil?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it is. I regret not taking the other one. If only I had known the other was T-rex. A slight breeze seems to be enough to make my Aurorus faint  :'(

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Seriously, does anyone have a Togepi I could borrow?

I need a fairy type and I need a flying type = Togekiss.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

A friend of mine managed to create a pretty devastating triples team with an auroros.  It's a Greninja Sylveon and Aurorus. 

1. Greninja uses round with his speed, he gets normal stab thanks to protean.
2. Then sylvie uses round because any other pokemon using round instantly goes next regardless of speed. Sylvie has pixellate, so now she's using a boosted round from it being used twice in a turn, that has fairy typing and stab, slaughtering dragons and dark.
3. Now Auroros also uses round, again boosted and instantly thanks to it's multiple user's effect.  Auroros has refrigerate, now making it ice type, killing flying types, any dragons that survived sylvie's round.

He also has a backup round accelgor for when he sees a lot of fast pokes on the enemy team, and a backup slow duskclops with round and trick room to still give a speed advantage to the round even under a trick room... and the capability to shut down the trick room once he's made his point.

Seems incredibly effective.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Wiles:

If you think Aurorus is fragile, you don't want to use Tyrantrum. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Tyrantrum's not HORRIBLY fragile, it just has a lot of weaknesses. I've had mine survive a non STAB hammer arm from a Tornadus in Genie forme, so 115 base attack.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

The fact is that all the fossils have stupid amounts of weaknesses.

Your Tyrantum may be able to tank that nonSTAB hammer arm, but if it was a grass knot / focus blast from the same thing, it'd be dead.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

The fact is that the rock type has a stupid amount of weaknesses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Can I please get a Togepi from someone? I need a fairy-type and I need a flying-type. Togekiss is the answer.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't you post that exact same thing a while ago. No need to spam, dude :I

Where do you get Togepi in X? Is it even available?

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 463