Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672845 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2640 on: January 18, 2014, 10:22:25 pm »

Yep.

You should almost always have a roar / whirlwind user on your team in some fashion just for circumstances like these. It'll also help you get rid of baton passers and people thinking they're clever by boosting a pokemon to x4 levels.

Dragon tail is okay too, but it doesn't go through substitute. Same deal with trick / switcheroo.

You can also deal with it by prediction, though obviously that's not very reliable. Still, being able to get a toxic / ice beam onto a Tropius that's switching in will completely fuck it over.

Lastly, you almost always have one turn to screw over Tropius before it can deploy its defenses. It is very slow after all. Gotta play smart.

I say all that, but it still is very difficult to deal with honestly. I think my Toxic Orb Gliscor is way scarier as a wall though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:17 pm »

But if you passed Ingrain...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 18, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »

Other solutions:
Infiltrator ability or noise-based move (Boomburst) since it allows the attacker to bypass Substitute
Future Sight (can't be blocked by Protect)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 18, 2014, 10:43:16 pm »

Magic guard users work too.

I bet he'll shit his pants when he sees your Reuniclus use calm mind twice and he's not taking any damage from leech seed.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »

Or any grass type, since they're immune to Leech Seed.  Ferrothorn is quite common and would stop both standard and Toxic variants cold. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 18, 2014, 11:04:05 pm »

Good point.

As we can see, lots of ways to deal with Tropius haha.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 18, 2014, 11:14:13 pm »

So I've been dabbling in Battle Spot Random Singles for a bit (bad win/loss ratio too!).

Yesterday, I was facing this trio:
Durant
Ability: Truant
- Entrainment

Gothitelle
Ability: Shadow Tag
- Substitute
- Protect
- Psychic
- Future Sight

I miracleously able to kill these two using Megazard Y, thanks to Prankster Klefki who paralyzed and confused both of them before dying. My Baton Pass Drifbloon was able to pass on three Minimizes only.

However, his last Poke was Skill Link Minchino holding King's Rock with Rock Blast and he didn't miss. If only I had a priority move user!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 18, 2014, 11:25:20 pm »

I just enjoyed a triple battle against a bunch of low level pokes and a lv 30 shedinja, I figure it's another case where somebody accidentally hit the wrong set, and pick quickly expecting a forfeit.

Instead I ended up fighting a shedinja that had it's wonder guard swapped with sturdy by a carbink while the pikachu on the other side thunder waved the shedinja.

The goddamn thing was invincible.  the paralyse blocked status, the sturdy made it invulnerable to all direct damage, thanks to it being ghost type wrap wouldn't work, it used sunny day every time I tried to change the weather to something damaging and they made sure I killed 3 pokes before they brought it out so I couldn't roar it away. Then it picked me off one at a time.  I never saw it coming.

Is there any counter to that post setup or is it all see it coming and shut it down?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

Buri:

Yeah, it's pretty common. I actually posted about it here too a few months ago.

It's super simple to fight. Even ignoring things like just instantly killing Durant or whatever, all you have to do to beat it is:

1. Send out one of your guys you can afford to lose. Like your entry hazard user. Let Durant entrain it. Set up your whatever. Don't bother attacking the Durant as it most likely has eject button.
2. Both of you are truanting.
3. Switch for anti-Gothitelle.
4. Trololololololol lololol.

He will ragequit at 4, I guarantee it.

---------------

Greiger:

Even if it didn't have sturdy, the proper way to kill Shedninja is with status. If you have a team, you really should have prankster users (why on earth wouldn't you). So even if you don't have priority toxic or burn from prankster, paralyze only blocks primary status. You can still leech seed it. You can also use perish song or any other secondary status moves. Additionally, any pokemon with Mold Breaker just simply ignores sturdy alltogether (and wonder guard too). Lastly, and quite humorously, you can trick / switcharoo a life orb on it hehehehehehhee.

Similarly, you could also kill either Pikachu or Carbink before they do anything. Pikachu might be a bit tougher, given its speed (though not an issue for priority users) but Carbink you can easily remove. After all, it's a 3v3. Even if Carbink has sturdy, you can kill it no problem if you focus it down.

That's quite an amusing strategy though that they used. Now you know, you shouldn't fall for it again.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 19, 2014, 07:53:43 am »

Greiger:

Even if it didn't have sturdy, the proper way to kill Shedninja is with status. If you have a team, you really should have prankster users (why on earth wouldn't you). So even if you don't have priority toxic or burn from prankster, paralyze only blocks primary status. You can still leech seed it. You can also use perish song or any other secondary status moves. Additionally, any pokemon with Mold Breaker just simply ignores sturdy alltogether (and wonder guard too). Lastly, and quite humorously, you can trick / switcharoo a life orb on it hehehehehehhee.
Prankster Leech Seed? You mean Whimsicott sir.
And very few got to bring their Whimsicott over before pokebank and poketrans were removed and those few had Japanese games.
I'm only saying I see why it was invincible, otherwise your counter to it is flawless.
Whismsicott is the only one i'd even want to use that gets prankster.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 19, 2014, 12:06:35 pm »

No prankster Sableye trolling?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:29 am »

Ah, Sableye, my most favourite physical wall. It has more utility than Gliscor and Skarmory as it can use Prankster Will-O-Wisp and Taunt (good vs Setup Sweepers). Can wall break using Choice item and Prankster Trick too. Prankster Klefki comes close with Prankster Swagger and Thunder Wave.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:37 am »

Blegh. I could see that Sableye knocking through my team with its prankster fun if I didn't get a crit or a heavy hit off Flagship. :/

Yeah, you can tell that my team is poorly trained - Helicoplant has very few EVs, and I haven't checked its IVs, and Mesmerismo is just holding place until another pokemon is ready.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 20, 2014, 05:33:22 am »

Reudh, you did well. My team is fully IV-bred and EV-trained and they're all OU material, so it probably wasn't a fair game.

I was expecting your Tyrantrum to be the Zoroark (a lil bit of overpredicting there). The Stealth Rock shut down my Talonflame and Dragonite. Your Flagship would hard counter my Slowbro. So I was forced to play defensively with Sableye. If it wasn't due to PP-stalling your Synthesis, Blissey wouldn't have been able to defeat Flagship.

On a sidenote, I am going to receive a 6IV Ditto, not sure Japanese or not, but this makes me really excited!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 20, 2014, 05:36:37 am »

A thing I just realised: Espbro / Meowstic-M might've been able to poke through Blissey's defenses with Psyshock, if I hadn't removed it in favour of Psychic. :P

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 463