Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672884 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2625 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »

Another Pokemon to breed, another decision to make.

Toxic-Stall
Milotic @ Leftover
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 2482 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

-OR-

Specially Bulky Offense
Milotic @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Dragon Tail (to counter setup sweepers)

EDIT: Another Serene Grace Bissley doing some work, including setting up when facing Sylveon.
 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-78604573
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:18:39 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: January 17, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »

That's a lot of HP EVs for the first one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: January 17, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

Yeah. He's a bit of a trap I found. Seems great in theory, but then you start going "why does this guy do so little damage...".

I listed special attacks on purpose haha. He can handle the physical ones okay. It takes like 4 STAB earthquakes to kill him. Pretty good for a 2x weakness.

Some of the more annoying Metagrosses I've run into use things like Toxic and other slow dps moves. But none have ever really stood out for me.

I've always just gone for its average set. I run Meteor Mash / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / Earthquake on mine. Life orb or Choice Band as the item, but i prefer life orb as he's tanky enough to survive most hits. Does alright, and has 385 attack. This was before I knew how to EV train.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: January 17, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »

Oh, that reminds me of a Metagross that had trick on it. It was unbelievably annoying.

It would trick the choice scarf. You really don't expect it at all from a Metagross.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2630 on: January 18, 2014, 12:21:15 pm »

Need another opinion on a Pokemon. From what I've seen, Tropius can raise hell as a staller. From what I've seen, it's roughly this: Harvest HA, Sitrus Berry, Roost, Protect, Leech Seed, and Air Slash.

Youtube. Has commentary. Tropius appears about 15:33

Also, 3D shows how questionable Tropius's aerodynamics are. Those leaves would have to move like an insect's to keep it afloat.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:26 pm »

Yeah, Tropius is pretty annoying. Yet another guy who can screw you over with substitute (he can force his own sitrus berry with substitute). The way I've seen harvest work is that it gets a % chance to harvest the berry every single turn, so with a sub, he can sit in it and get the sitrus berry back whenever. Then, since it's so slow, it always will be able to use substitute AFTER the enemy. This is important, as it means you can keep substitute up indefinitely and the enemy will just slowly die and he can't do anything about it while you constantly harvest.

Will die in one hit to ice shard, so you want to watch for that.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2632 on: January 18, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »

According to Serebii, harvest has a 50% chance to recover a used berry every turn, 100% if in sunlight.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: January 18, 2014, 02:47:38 pm »

Need another opinion on a Pokemon. From what I've seen, Tropius can raise hell as a staller. From what I've seen, it's roughly this: Harvest HA, Sitrus Berry, Roost, Protect, Leech Seed, and Air Slash.

Mageziya, I am a PIMPNITE subscriber (and a bunch of other Poketubers, loving shadypenguinn ATM), watched that battle and luckily received Tropius from Wonder Trade with HA and egg moves. That's the exact same set I am going to breed. :p

It's very vulnerable to Taunt though because it's slow.

BTW, need yet again another advise; apparently I need more special walls in my roster--I only have Blissey. Any recommendations?

I have the following physical walls:
Skarmory
Sableye
Slowbro
Avalugg
Gliscor
Togekiss
Ferrothorn

Current consideration for special walls to breed:
Tentacruel (loving Water for defense!)
Mantine (poor HP though)
Tyranitar (many weaknesses!)
Dusclope (Eviolite)
Milotic (but isn't she better as a physical wall with Marvel Scale or bulky special offense with Competitive?)

(Unfortunately I have no access to Porygon.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:05:48 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: January 18, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

Who was it who had the Tropius that could, with some setup, stall infinitely forever?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: January 18, 2014, 07:53:42 pm »

Who was it who had the Tropius that could, with some setup, stall infinitely forever?

I've seen those bastards.

I've SEEN those bastards.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »

That was Barbarossa TSG. IIRC, it involved a gorebyss setting up Aqua Tail, a substitute, and +2 speed with Agility, then baton passing out to Tropius.

Tropius then sets up Leech Seed.

its set was something like Leech Seed / Protect / Substitute / move to prevent tropius being totally shut down by Taunters, with HP and defenses maxed out. Once Leech Seed is up, alternate between protect and substitute.
In the event that Tropius' PP gets low, it will use its held Leppa berry to restore PP. Harvest then restores that berry a little while later.

It restores 1/16th HP per turn from Aqua Ring, drains 1/16th of the opponent's HP and passes it to the user, and does this every turn while Tropius is protecting itself with Protect and Substitute. Especially useful against high HP teams, which is why Stallosaurus Rex does well in Ubers.

It's so passive that if the opponent has any method of healing more than 1/16th hp a turn, that battles go infinitely. It's intended to force a forfeit.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: January 18, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »

Or you could just phase it out.

That too. Does Whirlwind/Roar work through substitutes?
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 463