Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672925 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2595 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:37 am »

You want a Nidoqueen with sucker punch?

That's an odd choice.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: January 15, 2014, 06:33:22 am »

Yes, I want to breed:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive
- Poison Jab
- Earth Power
- Sucker Punch / Fire Blast / Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:44 am »

Just a word of warning.  Unless they changed it in Gen 6, Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed - their egg group is Undiscovered, like most legendaries.  You'll want to request a female Nidoran with that egg move. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »

Just a word of warning.  Unless they changed it in Gen 6, Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed - their egg group is Undiscovered, like most legendaries.  You'll want to request a female Nidoran with that egg move.
According the xy dex on serebii, Nidorina and Queen can't but NidoranF can...in monster and field groups.

While we're on the subject of getting hidden abilities from horde battles, any idea what the chance of the pokemon having them is? i have X and am looking for a female Nidoran with Hustle, but i wanna capture it myself, so i wanna know what my odds are per battle. simple uncommon/rare/veryrare-style replies will be okay.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: January 15, 2014, 01:07:06 pm »

According the xy dex on serebii, Nidorina and Queen can't but NidoranF can...in monster and field groups.

While we're on the subject of getting hidden abilities from horde battles, any idea what the chance of the pokemon having them is? i have X and am looking for a female Nidoran with Hustle, but i wanna capture it myself, so i wanna know what my odds are per battle. simple uncommon/rare/veryrare-style replies will be okay.
Ah, thank you for the confirmation.  It's why I suggested requesting a female Nidoran as well. :P

I think it's pretty rare, but not extremely so.  I've heard things about watching their animations to see if one moves differently than the others, though, in addition to Entrainment/Skill Swap/Role Play scouts. Unfortunately, unlike using Poison Cloud to seek out Immunity Gligar or Substitute on Infiltrator Zubats, I don't think there's an easy way to scout out Hustle Nidorans.  Having a Pokemon with Sweet Scent does help hasten things along quite a bit, though, since it attracts hordes. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:09:57 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:44 pm »

Ah, thank you for the confirmation.  It's why I suggested requesting a female Nidoran as well. :P

I think it's pretty rare, but not extremely so. I've heard things about watching their animations to see if one moves differently than the others, though, in addition to Entrainment/Skill Swap/Role Play scouts. Unfortunately, unlike using Poison Cloud to seek out Immunity Gligar or Substitute on Infiltrator Zubats, I don't think there's an easy way to scout out Hustle Nidorans.  Having a Pokemon with Sweet Scent does help hasten things along quite a bit, though, since it attracts hordes.
I've heard about and seen various different movements, and i think that's right - one of the horde battles i went into while EV'ing my Gardevoir had four with hidden abilities and 1 without the one without acted very different. than the rest.
However that was a horde of all the same pokemon, in X only one nidoranF appears and four Nidoran Ms appear...so yeah...
I was hoping to not need to resort to users of those moves, but I suppose they are my best bet...given the rarity of nidoranFs in my copy.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 15, 2014, 01:24:05 pm »

I think it's pretty rare, but not extremely so. I've heard things about watching their animations to see if one moves differently than the others, though, in addition to Entrainment/Skill Swap/Role Play scouts. Unfortunately, unlike using Poison Cloud to seek out Immunity Gligar or Substitute on Infiltrator Zubats, I don't think there's an easy way to scout out Hustle Nidorans.  Having a Pokemon with Sweet Scent does help hasten things along quite a bit, though, since it attracts hordes.
I've heard about and seen various different movements, and i think that's right - one of the horde battles i went into while EV'ing my Gardevoir had four with hidden abilities and 1 without the one without acted very different. than the rest.
However that was a horde of all the same pokemon, in X only one nidoranF appears and four Nidoran Ms appear...so yeah...
I was hoping to not need to resort to users of those moves, but I suppose they are my best bet...given the rarity of nidoranFs in my copy.
If it helps, males of a species have a good chance of passing on hidden abilities if you breed them with Dittos, too.  It only works with Dittos, since the baby receiving the HA has to be the same species as the parent with the HA (otherwise, HA Dittos would become the hottest trade ever), but it's a lot less restrictive than Gen 5's "Mothers only" rule.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:26:28 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

If it helps, males of a species have a good chance of passing on hidden abilities if you breed them with Dittos, too.  It only works with Dittos, since the baby receiving the HA has to be the same species as the parent with the HA (otherwise, HA Dittos would become the hottest trade ever), but it's a lot less restrictive than Gen 5's "Mothers only" rule.
That doesnt help in my case: I have a specific pokeball I want this one in(hence why I'm not asking for it via trade), and the new mother-only rule is that the Female parent passes on the ball-type that it was caught in. if not for that being mother-only, I would use said method.
EDIT: no dittos dont pass on their ball...I tried, really a shame.
(Unless someone feels like hassling themselves catching a HA nidoran F in a Nest Ball for me, then trades simply aren't an option...and the most i could give in return is a pokemon from their safari so they'd be doing it for little in return.)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: January 15, 2014, 01:51:45 pm »

You can screen out abilities with moves that change the target's ability, as it shows the old ability when it changes it. Just grab something with Entrainment. Audino works well for that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:54 pm »

You can screen out abilities with moves that change the target's ability, as it shows the old ability when it changes it. Just grab something with Entrainment. Audino works well for that.
I know, and i would do that but i'd have to catch and raise a pokemon learning one of those moves to a decent enough level to survive getting hit five to ten times by a team of pokemon that likely all know double kick, that said Audino would be bad due to weakness to double kick, any other ability-changing move users you could recomend?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: January 15, 2014, 03:12:03 pm »

I know, and i would do that but i'd have to catch and raise a pokemon learning one of those moves to a decent enough level to survive getting hit five to ten times by a team of pokemon that likely all know double kick, that said Audino would be bad due to weakness to double kick, any other ability-changing move users you could recomend?
Meowstic learns Role Play at 43, and Kadabra at 42.  Sylveon, Chingling, and Audino are the fastest, though; Sylveon learns Skill Swap at 25, and the latter two learn Entrainment at 25.  Sylveon is weak to Poison and Audino to Fighting, but Chingling is neutral to Poison, resists Fighting, and is immune to Ground.  Sylveon's probably the best of the lot, though. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »

Meowstic learns Role Play at 43, and Kadabra at 42.  Sylveon, Chingling, and Audino are the fastest, though; Sylveon learns Skill Swap at 25, and the latter two learn Entrainment at 25.  Sylveon is weak to Poison and Audino to Fighting, but Chingling is neutral to Poison, resists Fighting, and is immune to Ground.  Sylveon's probably the best of the lot, though.
Sylveon Weakness to poison is not an issue in this hunt as the horde has them at level 11 and neither male nor female nidoran learn poison sting until level 13.
Also ground isn't an issue with them anyways as the only two moves they use to deal damage at that level are peck(nM only) and double kick.(both)

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to set aside a Sylveon for it, perhaps my useless cute charm one, lol.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: January 16, 2014, 05:37:35 am »

Rekka, I'd say it's worth doing a single run in Le Woo Restaurant (triple battle, Lucky Egg, Exp Point Lvl3 O-Power) to make sure your utility 'mons can be used effectively. That's what I've done with my Compound Eyer, Sweet Scenter, Pick-upers, etc. You will be able to use the Audino to catch other HA pokemons available in horde battles.

Anyway, I need some advise again. I'm breeding an Adamant Tyranitar with the following egg moves:
- Stomp (meh)
- Pursuit
- Dragon Dance
- Stealth Rock

Sadly it doesn't have Superpower or Aqua Tail. I am considering the following options:

Choice Band
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Brick Break (to remove Light Screen and Reflect, plus coverage)

OR

Weakness Policy
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Rock Polish (+2 Spe)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

OR

Assault Vest
252 Att / 252 SpD / 4 HP
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:14:00 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: January 16, 2014, 08:34:41 am »

My best Tyranitar went like this:

Leftovers
252 Hp / 252 Att / 4 SpD
- Crunch
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

I really like protect on him. Tyranitar has like, a million weaknesses. You don't know what the enemy will try to use on you when they switch in. The easiest way to find out is to just use protect (provided you know they aren't going to buff themselves instead).

For example, say you have Tyranitar in the field. Enemy has a Crobat out. This Crobat is either going to Giga Drain, or U-turn. Either of which will hurt Tyranitar about 1/4 hp. I don't know which it's going to be. So I use protect. Crobat uses u-turn.

So now I know what the enemy is going to do. I can thus switch in a steel or fire type next turn for very little damage instead or I can tank the damage, and make Tyranitar use thunder wave to immediately cripple the enemy that's switching in.

Another example is when Tyranitar is out in the field again and say the opponent sends in something weird... like Manectric. Under normal circumstances, you might be going... "okay... what the fuck is going on?" Since I know this bastard is up to something, I use protect to see what exactly it is. Manectric uses switcheroo and fails. So now I see his stupid plan. That exact scenario has happened quite a number of times. A non-protect Tyranitar would have been choice spec locked.

I also love thunder wave on him simply because Tyranitar does gigantic damage, but only has middling speed. However, if the opponent is paralyzed, then Tyranitar will eat their face. It's my number one method of dealing with Mega Charizard Y. First turn they use solar beam, I tank it and survive on low hp. I apply thunder wave. Next turn they die to stone edge (or I use protect to heal myself before killing them.)
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 463