Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673100 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2325 on: November 24, 2013, 01:47:15 pm »

that's the stat drop I meant. How else would I get to -6 special attack?

I think critical hits ignore all stat changes that are in any way lowering the incoming damage
This is correct. Crits basically have the ability "unaware".

BuriBuriZaemon: Those guys are good too. Infiltrator Crobat is strong, but a bit fragile. If you can work around it then it should be good. Keep in mind that these defog guys often have to switch in into stealth rock themselves. Acheop's ability really fucking sucks. I wouldn't mind if it could learn some more support oriented skills but it can't. The few times I've used it it was utterly useless.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: November 24, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »

The crit question's probably been answered well enough, but I'll go ahead and quote bulbapedia anyway:

When a move scores a critical hit, damage is calculated based on either the modified or unmodified attack and defense stats, whichever is more advantageous to the attacker. For example...
An attacker who has used Swords Dance and then makes a critical hit will get the benefit of the increased Attack, while one affected by Charm will use its normal Attack score.
Likewise, if the attacker uses Screech on the foe and then makes a critical hit, it will still get the benefit of the decreased Defense when the attacks damage is calculated.
If a defending Pokémon has Light Screen or Reflect on its side and the attacker scores a critical hit, the defense added by the wall is ignored, and the attacker does [1.5x -- changed in Gen VI] damage.

There's fun stuff there too, like what modifiers work for crit chance. I'm tempted to make a Farfetch'd with a Stick, and give it some moves like Slash and such... even though it'd still die horribly in competitive play, it would fulfill one of my dreams of making him (almost) useful :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: November 24, 2013, 02:53:57 pm »

I fought a Marowak in a trick room team that did a crit build. Was really fearsome. I believe it used that crit boost skill + that bone throwing thing that can hit multiple times.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: November 24, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

I'm getting really pissed off, I've been searching for two weeks straight and I still can't find this fucking beauty bitch. Why couldn't they be fucking upfront with what the destiny knot does, fucking no one uses infatuation?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: November 24, 2013, 03:50:15 pm »

Just got a passable Oyuki the Froslass, it's still a snorunt but...remember I'm not trying for full 6-max ivs on all my breeding projects
Max iv in Def, Spatk. and Speed, other ivs are unkown though.
This'll be my gimmicky Oyuki modeled after the Yuki-Onna.
That said, that was a really nice breed and i've only had to breed around four snorunt, the past of which were released due to all having horrible Hp.

I may eventually get around to making a competitive version of Oyuki just for the bragging rights...but w/e.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: November 24, 2013, 04:03:38 pm »

I just found Beuaty Aimee. My search is over. I'm going to smash that Fletchinders fucking face in so hard. I'll finally get a fucking destiny knot, my search is over

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 24, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »

Fletchinder
I had to bulbawiki that, turns out I somehow managed to play Pokémon the whole time without ever seeing a Fletchinder.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: November 24, 2013, 05:17:04 pm »

Fletchinder
I had to bulbawiki that, turns out I somehow managed to play Pokémon the whole time without ever seeing a Fletchinder.
Me too.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: November 24, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »

Fletchinder
Well you would only see it unless you  evolved a Fletchling, I think beauty Aimee is the only one who carries one. Weird.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: November 24, 2013, 11:45:27 pm »

the new crit mechanics are fun as hell. I've been running a baton pass team, Combusken baton passing speed and focus energy unto sniper kingrda with razor claw.

after a few tries, I decided to nickname Kindra xXx360nOsCoPexXx, just to fuck with people. the best part is that crits ignore stat drops, so everything that doesn't resist dragon just gets meteored to bits

That name amuses me.  I keep around a bidoof named Mewtwo that I use to indicate that the other party's trade is not acceptable :P

As far as crobat, his main function is to just terrify the shit out of fairies give his loltastic speed and cross poison.

Anyway I got a 3/6 swanna with bravebird/defog and a 2/6 zubat with adamant and infiltrator.  I just need to find the patience to inbreed them to victory.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: November 27, 2013, 12:00:57 pm »

So...I have hit a lucky break and found out a nice tidbit on EVing in X/Y:

I had a Togetic I wanted to use but it already had EVs invested into it because I forgot to disable the Exp share, well, turns out it only had 5 Spatk EVs. Those were part of its build, this is that nice lucky break.

My discovery is, through EVing this Togetic, I can now, confirm that you cannot, I repeat cannot, exceed 252 in any one stat as of X/Y as the vertical super training bar stopped at exactly 252 despite me forcibly putting +100 Spatk EVs worth past 252 into it to test this. I then went and repeated this with it's other stat, pumping close to a full 510 into this stat, and the bar, this time only leaving room for 6 IVs, never raised past those six until I gave it it's final four EVs.

This officially makes EV training less punishing if you make a mistake in your math, which is nice for me since Math is so not my forte, but it still doesn't prevent accidental EV gains, which is why I say this was a stroke of luck, as this Togetic is one I really wanna use.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:10 pm »

I had a Togetic I wanted to use but it already had EVs invested into it because I forgot to disable the Exp share, well, turns out it only had 5 Spatk EVs. Those were part of its build, this is that nice lucky break.

My discovery is, through EVing this Togetic, I can now, confirm that you cannot, I repeat cannot, exceed 252 in any one stat as of X/Y as the vertical super training bar stopped at exactly 252 despite me forcibly putting +100 Spatk EVs worth past 252 into it to test this. I then went and repeated this with it's other stat, pumping close to a full 510 into this stat, and the bar, this time only leaving room for 6 IVs, never raised past those six until I gave it it's final four EVs.

This officially makes EV training less punishing if you make a mistake in your math, which is nice for me since Math is so not my forte, but it still doesn't prevent accidental EV gains, which is why I say this was a stroke of luck, as this Togetic is one I really wanna use.

I thought everyone knew about this our i woulda said something.  I've been using that since like day 2.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 27, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

I thought everyone knew about this our i woulda said something.  I've been using that since like day 2.
Some sources online still say it's unconfirmed or that it's denied, but I know for certain that it's confirmable. So as those sources are somewhat lacking, I posted.

And I tied in a luck-stroke story with my Togetic so that I wasn't too out there.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 27, 2013, 06:12:14 pm »

It was a good add, I agree its easy to confirm.

Anyway I managed a 5/6 iv zubat but one was spec att which niether parent even has! :(

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 28, 2013, 02:17:16 am »

It was a good add, I agree its easy to confirm.

Anyway I managed a 5/6 iv zubat but one was spec att which niether parent even has! :(

When that happens to me I will breed it with a 3IV Ditto with SpA.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 463