Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673118 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2265 on: November 18, 2013, 07:07:58 pm »

I wish there was a way to take a program like Showdown and get a "homebrew" version of it. Like, one for the hacked versions, where you could place your own moves and pokemon and items in, etc., and distribute that "ruleset", so that others could battle you. For instance, I was coming up with a starter line and a bunch of moves for fun- an early-learned move of each type with power 40 (20 for the fire, it was a Fire-type Doubleslap, basically) with a unique effect- the fire was multihit, the Water had greater crit chance, and the Grass would disable a move used by the opponent. May not be balanced, but it's something I'd like to be able to do one day.

I was going to start a pokemon hack, but nope, waaaaaaaay to lazy, waaaaay too little time.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

Oh dear Arceus... I want a Kyogre, but just the trouble I'll have to transfer mine all the way from Saphire to Y gives me a headache already. And to compound the problem, I don't even remember if that one had a decent Nature... It almost makes me want to simply put something in the GTS and wait 'till someone sends me one, even if it will probably be a hacked 'mon.

Ugh, in the same boat with my Mew. It's still stuck in my Ruby version, and I forgot to reach Pal Park in my Diamond before I transferred all my mons in it over to Gen V. I still need to beat Platinum and the second Ranger game so I can get 2 more Darkrais and my Jirachi >_<

I tried out my Pearl cartridge and it's totally non-functional. :( It booted once, but never again. It's sad, because that cart has most pokemon I have ever caught on it - mainly transferred from my original Sapphire save that I started in 2003. I want to send it to Ninty for repairs, but they said that they won't guarantee that it would be repaired, merely replaced if it were too expensive. Good thing I have platinum.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 19, 2013, 06:33:29 am »

the rival challenge of the bay12 league has begun. There is still at least one open spot!
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 19, 2013, 07:34:56 am »

Hi guys. Anyone got a Heracross they'd like to trade for my Pinsir?

I got a Heracross if you want one, but I have access to a FS with Pinsir so I don't need Pinsir (will still trade it to you). Would you have a Starmie (exclusive to X) by any chance?

EDIT: Trying to decide whether I should breed below.

Sweeper Chlorophyll (non-mega) Venusaur
Modest/Timid
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
I prefer this one. I've used it myself, though with solar beam instead of giga drain. It was really powerful but had a distinct weakness.

It's entirely dependent on the sun condition and becomes really bad once that's gone. This is a huge problem considering Charizard Y's sun only lasts 5 turns. So you have 1 turn to set up the sun, 1 turn to switch, and 1 turn to use growth leaving you only 2 turns remaining to sweep. A savvy opponent can stall those two remaining turns and obliterate Charizard when you switch him back in on the third. It's because of this that my own team which uses a Charizard Y drought actually has a second weather user in Tyranitar so as to be less predictable. Not to mention the sun sweeper I use is Volcarona and it's not particularly dependent on sun condition to crush people as it has quiver dance.

You could use Ninetales instead to get 8 turns of sun instead of just 5.

I don't see the point of non-mega stall Venusaur. Lack of thick fat means it's super easy to kill.

Thanks, I do have Ninetales, which I like a lot, and I have a tendency of putting Pokemons I like in the team (regardless of their competitiveness). I use Giga Drain to prevent it being too dependent to the sun.

Hi guys. Anyone got a Heracross they'd like to trade for my Pinsir?

I got a Heracross if you want one, but I have access to a FS with Pinsir so I don't need Pinsir (will still trade it to you). Would you have a Starmie (exclusive to X) by any chance?

After having a look at Pinsir, I've decided that I want him more for the team. I'd still be able to get some spare X-exclusives. Have you got Charmander, Bulbasaur, Fennekin and Chespin? I've got access to all of them, so if we're trading exclusives, I could give you one of them instead of a Pinsir.

I've got them all. I can still give you Heracross to fill up your 'Dex. And I'm still looking for Starmie. :p
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:39:30 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 19, 2013, 08:59:44 am »

If anyone has any good zubat or growlith I could use them.  Hidden ability togepi would be awesome too. I think i have a staryu and could breed you one. Probably easier for someone with x though.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:36 am »

@Buri: I'll go catch a Starmie, then!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »

Kyogre is coolest legendary. Sapphire is coolest game. Everyone lieks mudkipz.
Emerald was better.

Dat post-endgame.

FIX'D U ALL:
Hoenn was the best region and games!
PWN'D

Seriously though, I grew up playing the card game during the Kanto-johto days but it wasnt until Hoenn i got hooked onto the entire franchise and began fanning over the different aspects.
Johto has a lot of nostalgia, but Hoenn has 5x as much for me.
I desperately await a remade Hoenn game release, and X/Y tease me even more with the small snippets about Hoenn in it.

Kalos is my next favorite for sure, having such awesome pokemon on it's own, and no i don't mean megas, for crying out loud My favorite starters come from Hoenn and Kalos.

Pretty much my favorite pokemon list is dominated by Hoenn-releases like Ludicolo and Ralts-line, their later-gen evos(ralts-gallade, snorunt-Froslass) and Kalos pokemon like Talonflame and Malamar
And in that list, which lists each and every pokemon by how much i like it, Hoenn and Kalos pokemon and later-gen-evos of Hoenn pokemon lines dominate the top 30%
I have it written out, but Ill type it up and post it one of these days,

My top-favorite ironically isn't in existence though: Any pokemon that happens to be Fire-Fairy is my favorite, regular, pseudo-legend, legend, starter, or event legend.
---for now though, Talonflame sits comfortably at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:21:18 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: November 19, 2013, 07:25:21 pm »

My absolute favorite pokemon of any game ever is Magneton, followed closely by Aggron and Clawitzer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:05 pm »

I still like Snorlax the most out of everything.

-----

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Team priority doing work. 100% winrate. I also feel extremely dirty using it as it has Talonflame and Azumarill in it. Ugh.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »

I think we talk about this before but mine is Zubat/Meloetta/Fearow/Ariados
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:56:26 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 19, 2013, 10:21:11 pm »

I wasn't trying to start this kind of tread deviation, i just voiced my thoughts, and if this was talked about, it was likely before i joined so, yeah...that'd be my contribution to what's there already.

Edit:
Well, I haven't had time to work on my Cursed Body Froslass yet but just found some down time and guess awhat I agonna does!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 19, 2013, 10:27:51 pm »

I wasn't trying to start this kind of tread deviation, i just voiced my thoughts, and if this was talked about, it was likely before i joined so, yeah...that'd be my contribution to what's there already.

Edit:
Well, I haven't had time to work on my Cursed Body Froslass yet but just found some down time and guess awhat I agonna does!
It fine~ I was just trying to remember If I really did talk about this before not like anyone cares it all pokemon anyways.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 20, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »

So I just trained a Quagsire to help deal with Aegislash, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Not only can he successfully deal with Aegislash, he can also go toe to toe with many other offensive Pokemon. That said, I have not had opportunity to try him against many real threats.

Cousin Rusty (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability:Unaware
EVs:Hp:252,Def:252,Atk:4
Impish Nature

-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Recover

I would have taken curse instead of toxic, but I neglected to look up if it needed any non-recover egg moves beforehand.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »

The only powerful Quagsire I ever fought (I fought several, they're relatively common) used water absorb and stockpile + toxic.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 20, 2013, 02:39:02 pm »

There's no point using Quagsire if you aren't using an unaware set. There are far better bulky water types in its tier to work with. Quagsire is the kind of pokemon that you use when you get really fed up with a certain type of Pokemon. Not the kind of thing that you use for general purposes. Even in its tier, RU, there are (Or were in gen 5) several pokemon who act as much better bulky water types. Heck, even Alomomola, which is NU is a better water type wall. The only real reason to use Quagsire is for unaware shenanigans.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 463