Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673179 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2220 on: November 15, 2013, 01:42:26 pm »

Going off B12 for some time guys, recent updates to a few anime I like and other game have my attention right now, sorry and see y'all.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

Before it dies off unseen, I maybe should advertise the Bay12 Pokemon League, here where people might lurk who have not seen it yet.

Battle your pets to the death! Because just fighting anonymous people on showdown that never say a word and ragequit as soon as you used espeon to bounce their stealthrocks is rather boring. Share your replays, take part in bay12 tournaments, etc.

On topic:  Sylveon is the best eeveelution. Discuss
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:33:40 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »

Before it dies off unseen, I maybe should advertise the Bay12 Pokemon League, here where people might lurk who have not seen it yet.

Battle your pets to the death! Because just fighting anonymous people on showdown that never say a word and ragequit as soon as you used espeon to bounce their stealthrocks is rather boring. Share your replays, take part in bay12 tournaments, etc.

I think the Fairy-type is just good in general. Being only weak to Poison and Steel, although, to be fair, Scizor comes with Bullet Punch and a Mega Evolution, so hahaha, maybe I should get one myself. Personally, I think I like Jolteon, since I haven't really used Glaceon or Leafeon (I skipped Gen 4 and 5).
Also often called Boowells.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:45 pm »

well, anyone who leaves sylveon in against scizor or heatran obviously has no idea what he is doing.

I also find it rather funny when people start setting up on my sylveon, thinking it to be either a wishpasser or a calm mind set (in either of those cases florgess outclasses it anyway), and then suddenly find out that I run my sylveon as

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

full investment into special attack makes a huge different. A defensive Sylveon needs 5 hits for a metagross. This Sylveon routinely OHKOs metagross. And Hypervoice can even take care of Klefki...given that the parafusion hax is merciful on me. And while many consider hyperbeam a wasted moveslot (yes, hidden power:ground would be very welcome), carrying a tactical nuke has it's merits. Nobody ever sees it coming, and sometimes you just gotta need that opponent dead NOW. Given you have the patience to wait for the proper moment, this move makes the game.

I find it odd that everyone keeps trying to make Sylveon just into another Vaporeon. Sylveon deserves a spotlight, not just a support role.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 15, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

Leafeon 4 lyfe.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 15, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »

well, anyone who leaves sylveon in against scizor or heatran obviously has no idea what he is doing.

I also find it rather funny when people start setting up on my sylveon, thinking it to be either a wishpasser or a calm mind set (in either of those cases florgess outclasses it anyway), and then suddenly find out that I run my sylveon as

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

full investment into special attack makes a huge different. A defensive Sylveon needs 5 hits for a metagross. This Sylveon routinely OHKOs metagross. And Hypervoice can even take care of Klefki...given that the parafusion hax is merciful on me. And while many consider hyperbeam a wasted moveslot (yes, hidden power:ground would be very welcome), carrying a tactical nuke has it's merits. Nobody ever sees it coming, and sometimes you just gotta need that opponent dead NOW. Given you have the patience to wait for the proper moment, this move makes the game.

I find it odd that everyone keeps trying to make Sylveon just into another Vaporeon. Sylveon deserves a spotlight, not just a support role.

Oh, yeah, Sylveon's got one of the -ate abilities. Those things are crazy. The 30% boost to Fairy-type moves... Doesn't that make Hyper Beam like base 195 or something? I put a Hyper Beam on my Aurorus, too, because of Refrigerate.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 15, 2013, 03:30:59 pm »

pretty overlooked eeveelution. now that flareon finaly has flareblitz, well....it hasn't much going for itself to show it's superiority to other eevees. If only the shiny version would be an autumn-colored one, then I'd love it.

how do you run your leafeon?

also yep, +stab to take it to almost 300, stronger than explosion (unless explosion is stab+normal gem, but only few mons pull that off). If you got rid of all enemy mons that can easily set up on your recharge, it's pretty neat to have.

I do however also run a sylveon with hp-ground. perfect move for predition purposes. people keep sending in heatran to deal with sylveon....hehe.. Only really worth it though if you can predict rather safely that the enemy will switch out

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 15, 2013, 03:59:42 pm »

Yeah, Sylveon is brutal.

Between the Eeveelutions, I think Sylveon, Espeon, and Jolteon are all tied for power and usefulness.

Espeon because magic bounce is bullshit.

Sylveon is so tanky and is fairy type, which is a big pain in the ass. Also has a large movepool so it's hard to know what it'll do.

Jolteon is the very definition of electric-type. Hyper fast and painful.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »

Espeon because magic bounce is bullshit.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about magic bounce, too. I typically like Umbreon of the two more, though.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 15, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »

dont underestimate the usefullness of umbreon. In almost all teams I run at least some kind of cleric, and umbreon does the job exceptionaly well. if you run iot alongside dusclops to take the fighting and bug hits aimed at it, you have a very solid defencive core. and it does happen rather often that you are forced to toxic-stall something you can't take out outherwise
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:24:39 pm by Akroma »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 15, 2013, 10:00:44 pm »

I've got a secondary FC of a friend, I don't know his friend safari, but please add him.

4055 - 3188 - 6393
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 15, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »

dont underestimate the usefullness of umbreon. In almost all teams I run at least some kind of cleric, and umbreon does the job exceptionaly well. if you run iot alongside dusclops to take the fighting and bug hits aimed at it, you have a very solid defencive core. and it does happen rather often that you are forced to toxic-stall something you can't take out outherwise
Doesn't it also get Foul Play?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 15, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »

Just had a great battle. Look for it on the Vs Recorder  @ 9K7W-WWWW-WWW2-UHN6.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 16, 2013, 12:44:25 am »

Argh, tough decision. My Sableye wants to learn Foul Play... is it better overall than Punishment?
I have Power Gem as well, which isn't all that good, but I'm reluctant to forget it since I don't really have any rock moves at my party's disposal. (Also it kinda suits Sableye. :P)
Maybe I should just forget that one, and grab a rock pokemon in future.

@Reudh: Vs Recorder? Where would I find that, exactly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 16, 2013, 01:20:02 am »

@Reudh: Vs Recorder? Where would I find that, exactly?

I think it's one of the key items.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 463