Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673245 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2115 on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:10 pm »

Ok the Durant gothitelle thing amuses me greatly.

I might make set of that at some point.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 12, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »

Yeah it was really brutal. I would imagine the only thing that can stop it is leading with a taunt.

The chances of this happening are really slim.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 12, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »

Man, you guys have got me jealous with all the pokemon-ing going on here. I got the game as a present a couple weeks ago, but I don't have a 3DS, so I'm just sitting here staring forlornly at the box, annoyed at how there's no instruction manual. >:(
The manual is in the game download/on the gamecard, like how SMTIV's manual works.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 12, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »

Okay yeah. I'm sold. Mega Gyrados is the best.

It's so flexible. It'll still die to Talonflame in one hit, but ignoring that one for now let's look at what it can do.

1. In normal form, Gyrados is flying / water. Sure it has 4x weakness to electric, but it's also immune to earthquake as well as resistant to fighting. So if a prominent earthquake user comes out, he has nothing to fear at all and can just waterfall his enemy to death without reprecussion. In fact, it can probably set up a substitute as well. It can do the same with a fighting type, as fighting types don't do enough damage to break the substitute in general when he's in his regular form. Blaziken can't do jack shit to him. Well... it can try but it'll die doing so.

Similarly, if there's a big status user like Klefki or Malamar on the field, he can still just opt for substitute first to be completely immune to them.

2. Provided the enemy isn't going to use earthquake or perhaps they aren't using a fighting type, Gyrados can switch to Mega form and while it loses flying type for dark, it gains so much damage and tankiness than now his substitutes are so freaking difficult to remove. You must supereffective him to remove the substitute. If he's behind reflect, then good luck.

Now he can hit so hard with his amazing coverage. Ice fang, earthquake and waterfall can hurt almost everything in the game. He's also reasonably fast, and can outmove things like Mega Ampharos. But most of all, it's really his substitutes that become godlike.

It's really good. Highly recommend you try it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 12, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

2. Noivern with taunt is quite possibly the fastest taunt user in the entire game. If you lead with it, it seems it can taunt anything (though it'll take a thunder wave from Klefki most likely). It's very useful if you think the enemy will start with some kind of set up or support. Not to mention it's really strong in general.
Crobat and Aerodactyl beat it.

EDIT: I was planning to use MegaDos on my water team, so it's good to know it's crazy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:02:17 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 12, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »

The soundtrack containing the music from XY and The Origin are now on Itunes in North America and Europe for £7.99/€8.99/$9.99
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 12, 2013, 05:26:01 pm »

So, all the pokemon in Gen 6 are in but the tiers aren't fully up yet?

To re-hash an old Brawl saying...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I never pay attention to tiers, I use what I want to get jobs done.

I'll be building a team on Showdown, though I will take in-game requests, however, I won't be serious on the actual game.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 12, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

Spoiler: Current Team (click to show/hide)

I don't actually have Showdown working yet... I keep getting disconnected over and over, and choosing a name dosen't work. What am I doing wrong?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »

Oh jesus christ, I just spent all day playing on Pokemon Showdown. I think I can throw away my copy of Pokemon Y haha this is so much more awesome.

I think I have used every single variant of Snorlax there is. My favorite right now is the:

1. Stockpile
2. Crunch
3. Earthquake
4. Rest

Holding chesto berry.

If you can stockpile two times, you basically win. But to do this you have to clear the field of physical fighting types. Special fighting types aren't a big concern for Mr. Snorlax.

I've also used every single entry hazard user. It's crazy so complicated it is. My favorite is the Smeargle with entrainment, spore, spikes, and stealth rock. He's total taunt bait, but if there's no taunt on the enemy and the first one they enter is slow, you're almost guaranteed to get all your entry hazards up as well as possibly piss off that other pokemon by switching its ability.

I've also finally seen what Goodra is used for by all the people who smash me with it. Set up rain, and 100% thunder everything with Goodra. It's so freaking strong.

I love this so much. I can use everything my heart desires and I fight such a good number of enemy strategies too.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

Oh if you guy take it to Pokemon Showdown I can challenge your gyms then :D
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 12, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »

How do you challenge other people on it?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 12, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »

Yeah..  I'm not doing showdown.  It just ends up a hollow experience if you don't work for anything in my opinion.  Everything has perfect Ivs so there are no interesting variations to cause unexpected results.  And you just end up with a few maxed out teams because it assumes all possible combinations are available (aka massive access to stealth rock via the old move tutors, etc.).  I find this limits viable options by leaving some sets in a clearly superior light because their rarity or the difficulty of getting them is gone.

Anyone else can go ahead though :P  Don't let me stop you, I just don't enjoy the end result of those systems.  At the very least they help to disencourage hacking perfect pokemon into the game, which is a completely pathetic thing to do.  PC systems are the right place for running the perfect sets and stats but the actual game should be about working with imperfection.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:31:49 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 13, 2013, 01:59:18 am »

Oh jesus christ, I just spent all day playing on Pokemon Showdown. I think I can throw away my copy of Pokemon Y haha this is so much more awesome.

I think I have used every single variant of Snorlax there is. My favorite right now is the:

1. Stockpile
2. Crunch
3. Earthquake
4. Rest

Holding chesto berry.

If you can stockpile two times, you basically win. But to do this you have to clear the field of physical fighting types. Special fighting types aren't a big concern for Mr. Snorlax.

I've also used every single entry hazard user. It's crazy so complicated it is. My favorite is the Smeargle with entrainment, spore, spikes, and stealth rock. He's total taunt bait, but if there's no taunt on the enemy and the first one they enter is slow, you're almost guaranteed to get all your entry hazards up as well as possibly piss off that other pokemon by switching its ability.

I've also finally seen what Goodra is used for by all the people who smash me with it. Set up rain, and 100% thunder everything with Goodra. It's so freaking strong.

I love this so much. I can use everything my heart desires and I fight such a good number of enemy strategies too.

I prefer RestTalk phazer Snorlax.

1. Rest
2. Sleep Talk
3. Return / Body Slam
4. Whirlwind

Someone else sets up entry hazards, and you wall the shit out of anything that's special or weak physical, and rest off the damage while either dealing damage to anything incoming or throwing them into more spikes and rocks.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 13, 2013, 02:05:58 am »

My luck with resttalk has always been "Snorlax uses sleep talk. Snorlax uses rest. It failed." So I might be a bit biased haha.

Have you guys noticed that almost every single popular entry hazard user is weak to fire? The only two common ones I know that aren't are Tyranitar and Tentacruel. I guess Smeargle technically counts too but he still dies to one fire blast... though most likely he'll spore you before that happens. There's Tyrantum too... he shows up once every 100 games or so.

But other than that, all of them are 2x or 4x weak to fire. It's very convenient.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 13, 2013, 02:34:59 am »

Oh yeah. I got given a Vivillon with Pokerus, so I'm infecting as many as I can with it. If you need a pokemon to spread Pokerus, I've got a few now.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 463