Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672774 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2013, 06:27:13 pm »

Starting friday there's gonna be a Lv 50 keldeo distributed over wifi
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »

* Sirus once again curses his lack of wifi access
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:14 pm »

Watering berries yields more berries, but you also get dream points for watering berries too.  Dream points basically just act as a gate to further content.  Have a link.

I have actually used the swap shelf a bit.  Helps to find some of those rare berries, and just grab additional items.  I'd friend you, but I'm not sure what info you need.

Oh yeah. I knew about dream points, but I forgot you get bonus dream points for watering friends' berries. If I friended anyone from here, it's just be to do some berry watering. I'm trying to get 300 Watmel/Belue berries for the tropical house, and I feel like I could get a shit ton per plant if I could water them more than once every 24 hours.

More information: It's Black 2 and White 2 only, and the event only lasts until February 12. Hopefully I'll have a job by then so I can grab this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:59 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

Welcome to "We made new games. Why didn't you buy these new games?"

And the EV training of Cervuwyn the Sawsbuck is complete. I like obnoxious nature names. And this one includes 4 of the last 6 characters in the alphabet! I don't think you can get more obnoxious than that.

edit: Fuck the battle subway. I blaze through two of this dude's pokemon with Volcarona, then he sends out a Weavile. Easy peasy. Night Slash! Crit! Volcarona goes down. I send out Sawsbuck. It'll be a little more difficult, but still winnable. Night Slash! Crit! Sawsbuck goes down. Well fuck, all I've got left is Cofagrigus. Night Slash! Cofagrigus is slightly above half health. Cofagrigus misses the Will-o-Wisp, which is a death sentence.

Team weakness discovered: Dark type sweepers. And lucky crit streaks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:13:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2013, 10:05:38 pm »

Technician Scizor with bullet punch will take care of that real nice.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2013, 11:08:12 pm »

Technician Scizor with bullet punch takes care of most things.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2013, 02:12:21 am »

My Battle Subway team is a fully EV trained Bullet Punch Scizor, Ultimate Critical Absol, and SubPunch Breloom. Usually only need Scizor, but if he falls there are still two incredibly powerful Pokemon to use. It's fantastic.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:07 am »

All physical damage? What happens if you go up against a... wow, not one of the highest defense Pokemon is resistant to steel. I guess that's the real secret behind Scizor's dominance.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40:07 am »

Aggron? Superpower. Shuckle? Bullet Punch. Steelix? Superpower. Skarmory? U-turn to Breloom. Not to mention that Absol's 50% critical rate makes for a ridiculous amount of wallbreaking. Might train a Jellicent or something neat from Unova to replace Absol, as that one's kind of a crapshoot. It's either incredibly powerful or... really unlucky.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2013, 08:51:11 am »

But Absol looks cooler than floaty jellyfish pokemon :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:38 am »

Jesus fucking christ.  Still no Meloetta distribution?  Gamefreak is royally pissing me off.  I mean, it makes absolutely no goddamn sense to have Meloetta/Genesect as part of the newest generation if there isn't going to be an official way to obtain them in the game!  I'm referring to BW1, for the record.  You couldn't get Genesect until the damn -sequal- came out, and Meloetta still hasn't had a distro and the 6th gen game has already been announced! 

The fact that a game (BW1) can say "here's a list of all the 5th gen pokemon" and then have no in-game or external way (short of trading with someone else who -has- the sequal) to get two of them is mind-bogglingly stupid.  I can't think of another game where you had to buy a sequal in order to unlock all of the content in the original game. 

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:22 pm »

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I think you could only get Deoxys in FR/LG/E.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2013, 05:51:13 pm »

Yep. Also Giratina-O/Shaymin-S in Platinum. And you could only get a Manaphy in DPP by trading from Pokemon Ranger. (Or from My Pokemon Ranch with the Platinum update.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:34 pm »

More Battle Subway. More "fuck weavile".

I send out Volcarona. "Ha," I say. "I'm a full health, you can't one shot me." It uses fake out, crits, deals half my health. Next turn it uses night slash, crits, gets the other half. So I send in Cofagrigus, land the Will-o-Wisp, then switch to Sawsbuck. I smack it down with Return at the cost of most of my health.

She sends out Steelix. Easy, right? I use horn leech, but the Steelix outspeeds me and uses night slash. What the fuck. I hit it, revealing it as a Zoroark. Yay, she managed to get two Weaviles on her team! I try to kill it with Return but it crits on Night Slash and kills me.

Only Cofagrigus remains. I go for the Will-o-Wisp, and manage to burn/hex it down with like 20HP left. Then the real Steelix shows up. Its strategy is curse+chestorest with its only offensive move being Earthquake. Luckily I have Haze to render its cursing useless, and Will-o-Wisp to ensure that its earthquakes can only deal like 14 damage at a time.

I heal slowly off leftovers but realize that I can't kill it if it keeps using Rest, so I curse it while it's asleep as soon as I break half health. I immediately realize it's impossible for me to Will-o-Wisp it on the turn it wakes up. It uses earthquake, which deals like 28 damage and kills me.

Moral of the story: fuck dark types and fuck lucky crits.

edit: And another round! I wipe this dude's team and my Pokemon are damaged, but nothing ridiculous. Then his last pokemon... WEAVILE! It outspeeds my Cofagrigus, takes down the rest of its health. Outspeeds my Sawsbuck, killing it in two hits while Sawsbuck takes it down to like 3HP, then outspeeds my Volcarona and one-shots it. It didn't even need to crit. I need some fucking priority moves.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:42:00 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 463