Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673265 times)

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2085 on: November 12, 2013, 04:50:23 am »

Haven't even figured out how to disable evolutions.

a) Press B during the evolution animation.

b) Give the pokemon you don't want to evolve an Everstone. (Remember this one for when you start breeding, eventually - I was wondering why one of my Marill wouldn't evolve until I remembered that I hadn't removed the items after I'd taken them out of daycare :p)

BBZaemon, how do you get Hatching Power?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 12, 2013, 06:13:32 am »

Hi folks, apologies for the Google Doc file not being editable, please try again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At4aThU82yFSdGItS2pudE4wVmQxelIwcjEzZ0RfX1E&usp=sharing

And yes column G to L are for any Pokemons you're breeding for 4-6 IVs and/or Hidden Ability, I imagine it'd be handy for trading. I'd rather give away mine to felow B12ers and other friends than WonderTrading. I still have 4 IV Modest Protean Froakie if anyone wants one.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 12, 2013, 06:40:20 am »

Hi folks, apologies for the Google Doc file not being editable, please try again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At4aThU82yFSdGItS2pudE4wVmQxelIwcjEzZ0RfX1E&usp=sharing

And yes column G to L are for any Pokemons you're breeding for 4-6 IVs and/or Hidden Ability, I imagine it'd be handy for trading. I'd rather give away mine to felow B12ers and other friends than WonderTrading. I still have 4 IV Modest Protean Froakie if anyone wants one.

Added my details in.

I'm quite happy to trade off any of the pokemon that I have bred excess of, since I tend to have spares of everything bar the 6-IV pokemon (which I'm using to breed other pokemon with 4-6 IVs :) ). I sort of have to Wonder Trade off some though otherwise my boxes would be completely full of level 1s (although WT doesn't normally remedy that :P )

So far I've bred successfully;

- Aqua Jet + Belly Drum Marill with Huge Power
- Spikes + Stealth Rock + Leech Seed Ferroseed (non-HA so will evolve with Iron Barbs)
- Trick, Barrier, Assist, Yawn Espurr with Hidden Ability
- Topsy-Turvy + Switcheroo + Night Slash + Superpower Inkay with Contrary

and I'm currently working on Scraggy with Dragon Dance, Counter, Fake Out and Drain Punch. Lucked out a bit here as breeding with my 6IV Espurr produced two 4IV Scraggy in the first egg batch, which should speed up the process; now I just need to get the right IVs across instead (seriously, attack IV? Why won't you go?)

I should probably breed a special attacker sometime. I notice that every time I see a new project it always seems to be a physical attacker :P

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 12, 2013, 07:00:54 am »

I'm taking any spare specially bred Pokemon you all have. :P I only have Modest Protean Froakie to offer at this stage. Pretty close to breeding perfect IV Marill but no egg moves.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 12, 2013, 07:29:28 am »

I give up on the online random battles. The first month was alright, but these days it's just bullshit. Every single match it's the exact same pokemon so much so that I actually wish Mewtwo would show itself again.

There are over 700 pokemon. I am now going to list every single one you will see in online battles from most frequent to least frequent.
1. Talonflame. King of bullshit. Priority brave bird + u-turn + flare blitz = perfect coverage. Equip life orb and grab roost for final skill. Literally invincible and will OHKO every single thing in the game except for rock-type. That's not a problem if you're fielding #2.

2. Azumarill. Queen of bullshit. Priority aqua jet + aqua tail + superpower + belly drum. Equip assault vest or life orb or whatever. Anything Talonflame can't kill (lol), Azumaril will destroy. Still loses to Talonflame.

3. Garchomp. He's in every single team but no one actually uses him. Just there for decoration. When he appears he just dies to Azumaril and Talonflame anyway.

4. Super size Gourgeist. Phantom force + leech seed + will o wisp. Equip leftovers. Perfect counter to every single psychic, ghost, and fighting type in the entire game. So tanky that it takes 3 shadow balls to kill one. Phantom force will 2HKO every single ghost / psychic type in the game and it goes through protect and all barriers and shit like that.

5. Noivern. Boomblast + taunt + draco meteor + air slash. Perfect counter to every single dragon in the game. Still loses to Talonflame. Basically a weaker Talonflame. But that's like a "weaker" nuclear bomb.

6. Mega Mawile. Sucker punch + play rough + swords dance. Food for Talonflame and Azumarill but if for some bizarre reason the enemy is not using either of those two, then it's there as a replacement to one of those. Does the same thing as them except worse.

7. Klefki. Priority thunder wave. Super freaking tanky. Impossible to get rid off. Stuns your entire team and can deploy spikes though no one uses spikes in 3v3. If you play doubles or triples, this guy is in every single match.

I have just listed every single pokemon used in multiplayer. Anything else is just food and decoration.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 12, 2013, 07:33:25 am »

I haven't played any pokemon since Sapphire, but wouldn't Mega Mewtwo be any good? Mega Absol? Mega anything? (btw I am sooper disappoint that Machamp has no ultra mega ripped format.)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 12, 2013, 07:38:33 am »

Can Talonflame one-shot Jolteon with Brave Bird?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 12, 2013, 07:54:16 am »

Can Talonflame one-shot Jolteon with Brave Bird?
Yep. It can one shot a Snorlax which has more than double the effective hp of Jolteon. The only electric types it can't OHKO are those that have actual defenses. Things like Ampharos. Ampharos of course will die to almost everything else on that list.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 12, 2013, 08:08:43 am »

You let it get a Swords Dance boost, didn't you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 12, 2013, 08:20:01 am »

What... What kind of player gets swords dance on Talonflame? Go test it yourself. STAB brave bird with life orb can OHKO the entire pokemon roster other than steel, rock, or tanky electric. And steel will die to flare blitz, also a STAB.

I've played almost 300 mp matches since day 1. I'm telling you how it is.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 12, 2013, 08:36:37 am »

I've never fought a Gogoat before so that was pretty interesting. I got a bit worried that you might have a fighting move or something else other than horn leech. Lucky there wasn't anything else.

At least now I know what a Gogoat does.

I probably should have brought my gyrados along too.  Still this reconfirmed my suspicions that shuckle and moltres are my A team.
That's an odd conclusion to come to considering they didn't do anything, Shuckle giving me free swords dances and Moltres practically killing itself on stealth rock.

------------

I've been running into people on random battles turning their legendaries into tanks instead of maxing out their sweeper stats. I'm not sure how to deal with these ones, as they can easily tank one supereffective hit and just completely dispatch the pokemon that did it. Same with a M-Mawile that went full out defense and sp defense. Had to hit it with three earthquakes before it would die. Definitely would not want to fight it again.

I even ran into a Snorlax that could survive THREE sacred swords. THREE! What the hell! I have no idea what he was running on that Snorlax but it was ridiculous.

Still... I wish there was an online random battle mode that removed legendaries and allowed for 6v6 instead of the pitiful 3v3.

We'll I was basing my findings on all fights and not just you...

Also you never used stealth rock so that is confusing.

I will admit I made some poor calls though.

I was sorta hoping you'd pull out some unusual mons but it was yet more Garuchomp and agislash.. I am so tired of those two. Well you did have gliscor so that was fun.

Anyway, I'm considering building a team for doubles now that it is the official tournament mode.  I gotta find chandelure some partners for that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:42:31 am by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 12, 2013, 09:58:09 am »

This coming from the guy using a Moltres and Gardevoir.  ::)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 12, 2013, 10:18:16 am »

This coming from the guy using a Moltres and Gardevoir.  ::)

Actually I have never seen even one moltres and lucario seems more popular than gardy but hey no reason to argue about it.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:41 am »

Does anyone have a Togepi/Togetic with serene grace they don't want, Gender nature ivs dont matter...
---Not sure what I could offer for it though. I just need it for the ability so i can begin breeding one, so like I said only it having serene grace matters.

EDIT:
If anyone does have one, I'm pretty much on the forum here all the time, and am reasonable about getting you what you want but will need time to acquire it.
I am however not always online ingame of X...so we'll have to set up trade time after i get what you want.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:08:43 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 12, 2013, 11:37:12 am »

I could join the Gym League, however I must first build up a team decent enough for that.
I could take either Steel, Dark, Rock (as long as they are all from fossils) or even Dragon (might take a while to get enough mons for that).

Also, instead of doing types as the games usually do, then wynaut go for certain.. philosophies.
Such as only using Fossil mons, or using a team strictly consisting of small pokemon.
Or maybe gym leader would prefer mons who are all about speed.
Would any of this be acceptable?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 463