Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673335 times)

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1965 on: November 10, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »

Ooh, I don't have a Froakie yet. How do you even breed those, anyway, seeing as they're starters? Starters don't seem to appear in the wild, so the only way to get them is to start with one, get one from an NPC at the end of the game, or trade for someone else's, or maybe get one from the Friend Safari, if they appear there... so you'd have to be pretty lucky to get two of opposite genders!

- Anything breeds with Ditto (and you can catch Ditto late-game or in Friend Safari)

- Babies are always of the mother's species (or whatever isn't Ditto, if Ditto was used), and can breed with pokemon from the same egg group(s) as them - this is how 'egg moves' are passed on (they're moves which aren't normally known by a species but can be bred in by other species).

So really you only need a female if you're trying really early, or a male and a Ditto (until you get a female).

To complicate things though, Hidden Abilities are only found (rarely) in Hordes or (less rarely) in Friend Safaris that meet the criteria. Luckily, all six of the starters that are currently available can be found in Friend Safaris.

You can't actually rename a Pokemon except when you first catch or breed it, can you?

The Name Rater can rename a pokemon, as otherwise he'd be quite useless, since he thinks every nickname is good. However only the original trainer can rename it; once it's traded, it's stuck, which is why pokemon with... less polite names are not exactly popular to receive.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

You can't actually rename a Pokemon except when you first catch or breed it, can you?

The Name Rater can rename a pokemon, as otherwise he'd be quite useless, since he thinks every nickname is good. However only the original trainer can rename it; once it's traded, it's stuck, which is why pokemon with... less polite names are not exactly popular to receive.
Yeah, and it doesn't help the word filter is fucked.

I wanted to name my Ralts Ishtar, it wouldn't let me.

My friend just got  a charmander named  "/r/cumsluts"
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 10, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »

I can't name my female Houndoom Hellbitch and this displeases me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 10, 2013, 03:34:07 pm »

I'm sorry Kansa, I mistaked your character for Umiman for whatever reason. I just remembered catching a Braixen from the persons Safari.
Lol...

If you're Valican, it's Nosepass, coral-thing, and that barnacle evolution.

-------------------

I got my immunity Gligar at last muahahahhaha! Time for poison heal shenanigans. If you thought nuclearwhale's earthquake catfish was bad, you haven't seen this. It'll also mean my Kalos pokedex is 100% complete. So faster eggs for me yay~

Poison heal heals 2x more than leftovers too, which is crazy!

If you have any extra poison heal breeding stock I could use one :P

In other news that daily ID code thing is quite nice with the 2 digit getting me pp ups.
Also I finished out Moltres and tested it out.  I won a fight in spite  of my own poor choices.  As part of the fight Shuckle scared hydriegon poisoned a Hydreigon into retreat and then toxic'd switch in hawlucha.  I then swapped in Moltres and Hawlucha used fly to which I roosted off the damage as toxic murdered it.
Yeah sure. I have tonnes. Send me a trade when I'm in game.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 10, 2013, 04:10:47 pm »

Erm, go to the Name Rater in the Pokemon Center of Camphrier Town, he lets you rename all Pokémon who weren't traded.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 10, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »

I'll be updating this post with various peoples' third Friend Safari pokemon.

Mistercheif: Luxio
Furtuka: Golurk
carabide: Spiritomb
Kanil: Liepard
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:21:39 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 10, 2013, 05:23:26 pm »

It would probably be better if the front page post had the people's IGNs so we wouldn't have to ask constantly.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »

It would probably be better if the front page post had the people's IGNs so we wouldn't have to ask constantly.
I vote for this and vote for trainer gender too as well as DS username,
DS - I'm Atsuma
I'm female Scarlette on my X.
I plan on getting Y(gotta cover bills first) and going male by name of Atsuma in Y.
--My in-game icon should be valerie - the fairy gym leader, either profile.
(Im still on my pokemon break but i figured i'd check in for FCs, nothing new so i decided to play thread catchup so i wont be on Ingame for a while despite this post.)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1973 on: November 10, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

I'm Ed on both my 3DS and Pokemon X, I think - I might actually be ekolis on the 3DS. My in-game avatar is the round-faced kid with the blue shirt.

So who is this Cassius guy whose PC you're always hacking to put your Pokemon in, anyway? Or is that just the canonical name of the male player character?

Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 10, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »

I'm Ed on both my 3DS and Pokemon X, I think - I might actually be ekolis on the 3DS. My in-game avatar is the round-faced kid with the blue shirt.

So who is this Cassius guy whose PC you're always hacking to put your Pokemon in, anyway? Or is that just the canonical name of the male player character?
In camphrier town there's a house with a bunch of tech in it, Cassius is the punk-guy in it and runs the pokemon storage in Kalos at Bill's request.
Calem(male) and Serena(female) are the trainer canon names.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 10, 2013, 06:21:21 pm »

I'm that guy Ross.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 10, 2013, 06:25:40 pm »

I feel like opening a gym. Maybe have a theme like "ground type". Then anyone on Bay12 that challenges me and wins I'll give them a hand drawn badge.

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1977 on: November 10, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »

In camphrier town there's a house with a bunch of tech in it, Cassius is the punk-guy in it and runs the pokemon storage in Kalos at Bill's request.
Calem(male) and Serena(female) are the trainer canon names.

Oh, yeah, that guy, I remember him!

Wait, Serena? The one who was my rival? She would have been the main character had I played as a female? Clever :D
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:16 pm »

I feel like opening a gym. Maybe have a theme like "ground type". Then anyone on Bay12 that challenges me and wins I'll give them a hand drawn badge.

It'd be cool if we all did this. I might be tempted to make one too. Not sure what type though.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »

It'd be cool if we all did this. I might be tempted to make one too. Not sure what type though.
Fairy Dibs.
Though I'll need a lot of time to build up my team, <bigword>IF</bigword> I even do join such a thing.

EDIT
My pokemon break is fire emblem induced, trying to get the right skills on right characters and all to build my spotpass team, time consuming, once I'm done on Fire Emblem I'll return to pokemon and begin work on my fairy collection. If i haven't said I'll be a fairy leader by jan 10th, I'm out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:38:31 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 463