Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal skin ghost haunting my fortress.  (Read 868 times)

Sketman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Animal skin ghost haunting my fortress.
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:08 am »

There is two ghosts haunting my fortress. One "reindeer head skin" and one "boar sow skin". It seems like they focus their attention on my wardogs which are chained at the entrance to my fortress. The dwarfs who are outside cant get in due to this.. Horribly annoying. I donīt know how to get rid of the ghosts. I have tried to make coffins for animals and memorial slabs but neither seems to work. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Animal skin ghost haunting my fortress.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:22:35 am »

I have never heard of animal ghosts. What I think you have is a case of undead. Either in an evil biome or because of necromancers, the skins of animals come back to life. Hair too btw. If you didn't embark on an evil biome, it's most likely a stealth necromancer (ambush of the necromancer) who walked onto your map, noticed raisable stuff somewhere and raised them.

You've got to send your militia out there and try to get everyone inside while they'll fight the same skins over and over again, try to withdraw and hope they get caugt in cages and the necromancer walks in into a trap too

necromancers and zombie sieges show up when, pre embark, your neighbour screen will look something like

elves
goblins
dwarfs
humans
tower

instead of tower you can also have town, possibly some others too. This indicates a necromancer nearby
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:24:21 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:45:14 am »

If they are indeed ghosts, I suspect some form of raw duping.
Have you made any edits to the raws?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:21 am »

well, would be a new type of ghost too, I havn't had ghosts panicking dwarfs too much yet
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:45:54 pm »

Ghosts are solid white letters. Undead are teal and flash between the N and their original tile.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:13 pm »

Ghosts are solid white letters. Undead are teal and flash between the N and their original tile.

we just havnt heard from OP yet, to see what this is really about, so I guess, we'll have to wait.