Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: I just realized something  (Read 13441 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I just realized something
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 09:56:16 am »

*sucks on a lollipop seductively*
You know, I'm not sure if there is a way to eat a lollipop not seductively.

~o.o~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 01:28:06 pm »

I just thought it was lulzworthy that I got it exact.
Having the exact time online time is funny?

oh god what am I

See the evolution of my terrible hobbies over two years!  Man I think my biggest regret is using VLC...

EDIT:
Haha you can see me reading volume 2 and 4 of Fate/zero in these, what are the chances...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:30:13 pm by ToonyMan »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 02:50:14 pm »

My gog! I saw the first one and I thought, hey, I'm actually close to Toony in time online? And then I saw the time. And then I scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled.

That's fantastic, seeing all of your previous avatars like that. No bluebell, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 02:51:54 pm »

The evolution of a ToonyMan.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 03:45:58 pm »

I'm number 480, with 1473 posts. I will never catch up.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »

I'm number 480, with 1473 posts. I will never catch up.

By my math, you'll overtake me in 6 years.

(Assuming that my post count doesn't continue growing exponentially, of course :P)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 05:34:42 pm »

Apparently I'm on page 4 of that ranking? With almost 5k?

Since when.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »

4th page. 5020 posts.

Depressingly average to many, an impossible number to overcome to others.

EDIT: Haspen, at our current post rates you should overcome me in someplace around 150 days.  As a very very rough estimate, since I don't feel like doing actual math and just decided to eyeball it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:41:09 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »

Page 12, ~351st by post count. 1,953 posts, this one included.
[/post]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 07:25:31 pm »

My gog! I saw the first one and I thought, hey, I'm actually close to Toony in time online? And then I saw the time. And then I scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled.
That's fantastic, seeing all of your previous avatars like that. No bluebell, though.
Sadly I didn't start stroking my ego until after passing 100 days.  Bluebell was my main before then at least.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2012, 05:37:03 am »

I've made 658 posts in 5 years.

But reading your stats... O_o

Jeez. I thought I spent too much time on these forums. Well done guys... I think...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:43:18 am by Caz »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2012, 05:42:46 am »

Hey, I could do it, LW is doing it, so can you!

You just have to believe in yourself and SPAM!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2012, 06:50:43 am »

I dont really want to search through the 2000+ pages to find my listing....

(Hmm, I think I just messed up my last post, hopefully this isn't a repeat.  And it's probably ninjaed anyway...)
What I did for me (and then, for you, which I think wiped my Preview off the system, when I thought I'd posted what I'd said) is to check the user profile, see how many messages I have, then do a modified binary search (biased towards a likely proportion of the way through the page listings).

I found myself at the number 5 spot of page nine, which (by my calculation) puts me at position 245.  When I checked yourself, with 95 posts (at the time of checking, may well have changed) I didn't go so far as to find your spot exactly (there are a whole lot of people on the same number, in that part of the table[1]) but if you check for "posts starting at 3690" (if you alter the figure at the end of the URL to that) or otherwise get to page 124, you'll see the tail-end of the 95-post people, and you should be in somewhere in that or the immediately preceding few pages.

Personally, I don't consider myself prolific.  My forum browsing activities are mainly a matter of checking the "new replies to your posts" link, to see if anything I'm already embroiled in needs further response.  When I have a bit of time (usually indicative that there are no, or few, actively running threads that already involve me[2]) I'll check the top page of the "unread posts since last visit" link, looking for intriguing and/or infuriating subjects.  (In this way, I do not limit myself too just Upper or Lower forums, although I also do not get to saturate myself with any particular sub-board's information, so I probably miss out on a lot.)  If I don't find much and I'm still at a loose end, I'll delve a page or maybe even two back in this history.  Very occasionally I will go to a specific sub-forum, but I'm as likely to find more historic posts through a bit of searching for a term I've got a specific interest in.

But I often self-sensor my desire to reply (although it may not always look like it), so every now and then I find a thread that I'm interested in, but it goes by-the-by because I've not found good cause to make myself active within it.  (Sometimes I save the URLs/tabs involved and continue to read, parallel to other items.  Especially true of forum games.  But it's not a reliable manner of keeping in touch with these.)

Anyway, while not particularly prolofic, as I say, I do know that when I post I tend to post in a rather verbose and word-heavy fashion, full of overexplanations and inconsequential details, often with tauologically recurring repetitions that reiterate and rehash prior points incessantly.  Thus, if there were a version of that table ranked according to word-count, I'm fairly sure I would place higher.  Not through actual intention, but.. well, you know. ;)

[1] Whereas I need to make 20 more posts (including this one) to get above the guy in front of me, were I so desperate to do so.  I don't think even my natural daily accumulation will do that, and rarborman is also currently logged in/active (if that's what the green Status thing means), so may well advance his lead as quickly away, or more so.  No matter, it's not a race.

[2] This form of feedback probably acts to moderate (without squishing) my interactions level...  Too much "already contributing", and I don't seek out new threads, too few, and I get opportunities, however.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2012, 06:57:23 am »

Regarding theme colours, I'm pretty sure I'm on the default.  If not the default, I've managed to otherwise make the Lower Forums light, Upper Forums dark, a long, long time ago.  It probably helps get my mind into the right mood for what the thread is about.  Seems natural enough to me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2012, 07:26:51 am »

Wait, you can turn on the Darkling mode on all of the forums?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So wrong... Yet so right! So used to the searing light of the default mode, finally freed from my eyes burning! I AM NOW DARKNESS! I AM NOW THE NIGHT! THE NIIIIIIGHT!

... Perhaps I should take managing to change forum modes a little less excitedly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7