Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dorfs won't follow route.  (Read 835 times)

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dorfs won't follow route.
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:05 pm »

So I've finally got enough dwarfs to have a functioning squad, and I've made some routes for them to run through. Now I'm in the middle of siege, and the dorfs should be running up and down my 3 sets of battlements, picking away at the goblinite. But they never seem to leave the first battlement. They seem stuck in a loop.
I've tried updating the schedule and orders since I expanded the route, but no succes.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfs won't follow route.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:31 pm »

So, they are set to patrol or to station?
And I'm pretty sure that even on patrol, once they see the enemy they will try to kill it, nevermind any patrolling orders. Perhaps they can see the enemy but can't get to them, and so they are standing in one spot?
Feeling down? Click Here!

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »

They are set to route, they are walking, but they are only walking to the first 5 of a 10 point route. If they ever followed through to the last point, they would be able to see and engage the enemy with their crossbows (which they do carry, along with filled quivers, I checked). For some reason, when they near point 5, which is the same spot as point 1, forming a nice loop, they head to point 2 again, instead of point 6.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 04:41:02 pm »

You may have found a waypointing bug then.  Try moving point 5 so that it's not so close to point 1?

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »

Also, this may sound stupid, but see if they can actually get to where you want them to. Do this by putting them on station there manually, and see if they walk there. If not, then there is probably no way to get there due to some kind of obstruction.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:27:43 pm »

Stationing works to get them into the area, but cancelling that order won't make them seek out the new route.

I just restarted the game, they seem to have found the route now. Hmmm.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »

I deleted point 5 from the waypoint list, this snapped them out of the loop.

How can I submit a bug report?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »

register at the mantis bug tracker and FIRST check if it hasn't been reported yet. After that, no clue, never found a new bug. Link to to mantis can be found in the bug forum
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:52 pm »

If you really think it's a bug, read http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52185.0 first.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 09:36:33 am »

Ding!
0003766: Patrol routes don't work if they include the same waypoint multiple times.

I'll add a post there.