Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Visual novel thread  (Read 45074 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Visual novel thread
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »

Playing Tokyo Babel and Root Double concurrently right now, a funny parallel to two years ago with Ayakashibito and I/O. I might have full thoughts at some point.
Sup, Toony?

Going back and trying to finish up unlocking everything in Romanesque.  Hot dice whipping action. 

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

So, anything new worth checking out lately ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:01:50 pm by Mookzen »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2016, 07:09:04 pm »

Depends on how you define lately. For lately as in the last month or so, House on Fata Morgana and Tokyo Babel both were translated. The former is worth a read and the latter is okay if you're into action anime style stuff. Past that, you have highlights like Beat Blades Haruka (Heavy duty fap bait), Kindred Spirits on the Roof (Lesbian cute slice of life), Nekopara vol 2, and Bunny Black 2(Same as BBH but more vanilla sex, no fetish stuff). Depending on how you define lately, could go back further but I'd need context for that.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2016, 01:17:04 am »

Kindred Spirits on the Roof
Heard good things about this one.  Thinking of picking it up soon.

francesprince

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2016, 06:14:11 am »

Depends on how you define late
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:55:41 am by francesprince »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:09 pm »

A Google spambot? Now I've seen everything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Posting to mention that Ace Attorney 6 has been given the official English subtitle "Spirit of Justice" and confirmed for a September release; additionally, "Kurain" as the name of the fictional foreign country is getting localized as "Khura'in", and a DLC case was announced featuring Larry Butz from the original games.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2016, 02:02:32 am »

Playing Tokyo Babel and Root Double concurrently right now, a funny parallel to two years ago with Ayakashibito and I/O. I might have full thoughts at some point.
Sup, Toony?
Going back and trying to finish up unlocking everything in Romanesque.  Hot dice whipping action. 
Hi. I haven't played any of the Littlewitch games so I can't say anything about that. The art style is super shoujo though.

I've basically finished Root Double at this point (got the true end) and I've finished one route in Tokyo Babel (the Raziel one). I've actually enjoyed Root Double more than Tokyo Babel at this time, but that might change once I go back to Tokyo Babel.

I've been really meaning to do a write up about the man Nakazawa Takumi, because I've finished six of his games in the last four years and I really want to say something about his works at some point...

Those being Ever17, Remember11, I/O, Secret Game, Root Double, and Rebellions: Secret Game.

So that might happen.

So, anything new worth checking out lately ?
Root Double, Tokyo Babel, and House on Fata Morgana have all released on Steam in the last month or so.

For handheld titles, Zero Time Dilemma is coming out next month on 3DS and PSVita and of course, Ace Attorney 6 will release in September for 3DS.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2016, 03:35:58 pm »

Hi. I haven't played any of the Littlewitch games so I can't say anything about that. The art style is super shoujo though.
It is cute and fun. Not really as much about story as just a slice of life about being a wizard and also a single man with his own place, but mostly about raising/educating two girls.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:43 pm »

I went through Littlewitch Romanqesue a few months ago. Was a fun little gem, with an oddly entertaining dice minigame to figure out your spells.

It ends as soon as you finish a "path" though, so if you wanted to see what happens to other people, you may not want to forge ahead at full speed in a specific person's direction.

(Also, just finished Cursed Sight and... just didn't sit well with me. Plot points were visible a mile off, there were so many dangled threads that could've been explored that weren't, and the endings all felt depressingly unfulfilling. And there was just something distressingly anachronistic with the protagonist.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2016, 09:21:31 pm »

LWR is entirely intended to be played through several playthroughs.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2016, 05:08:58 pm »

The third Higurashi game, Tatarigoroshi ("Curse Killing") should be out on June 24th. Also they're releasing the first four Umineko games, comprising the "questions" arc, on Steam on July 8th. Cool.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2016, 02:42:46 am »

It is cute and fun. Not really as much about story as just a slice of life about being a wizard and also a single man with his own place, but mostly about raising/educating two girls.
And if you have Editio Perfecta, add on "... and having sex with anything with a pulse."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:36 pm »

And if you have Editio Perfecta, add on "... and having sex with anything with a pulse."
I considered that to be included in the "single man with his own place" bit. Although the sex itself isn't really a major focus.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2016, 08:57:44 am »

I considered that to be included in the "single man with his own place" bit. Although the sex itself isn't really a major focus.
It's all about that hot dice bumping action.  And trying to hunt down those goddamn random scenes for 100% completion.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16