Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Crazy Marksdwarf!!!  (Read 5925 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crazy Marksdwarf!!!
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:12:22 am »

Ok, so I had a "trader" marked as "friendly" just sitting on the side of the map. I read that it was a bug, and decided to send my marksdwarf squad to kill him... That went fine, he's bleeding out right now, but... now the leader of the squad has decided to just randomly start shooting at a child... WTF!!!
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Marksdwarf!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 05:14:04 am »

Loyalty cascade, you just attacked your own person, thus everyone and anyone on the map are simultaneously the same civ, and foes.

tl;dr

CIVIL WAR.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:58 am »

Shit! so now what? Just let them all have their fun, and watch my archers shoot everyone down? YAY :D
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:16 am »

No, EVERYONE will go chaos.

Your fort is dead, everyone you currently have will fight until they die. EVERYONE.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:20:24 am »

Time to get reading reports then... no way to save it?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:21:09 am »

Not unless you kill everyone.

But then your fort dies.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:52 am »

Ah... but I have a friendly vampire locked up. I knew she'd come in handy :D

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:23:51 am »

currently it's only my archer squad fighting each other... everyone else is inside acting normally

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 05:24:22 am »

If they reach the fort then it spreads to them too.

Hope they bleed out.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 05:31:26 am »

Problem solved... and only 3 dead :D My fort shall live on (and in the mean time, that vampire is staying very tightly locked up

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 09:55:36 am »

The interesting part about a loyalty cascade, from what I've read in other threads here, is that it is possible, if you are very very very lucky, to have a number of your dwarves join forces to create an entirely new civ that is separate from (and now at least an enemy of, if not at war with) your original parent civ when you embarked.  I can't remember what this does for migrants, however.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 10:29:56 am »

I can't remember what this does for migrants, however.

The migrants that come in are from your "original civ", so they are hostile to the group of your "new civ" dwarves.
This means you can simply kill all migrants at will. A dream come true.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 11:42:37 am »

The interesting part about a loyalty cascade, from what I've read in other threads here, is that it is possible, if you are very very very lucky, to have a number of your dwarves join forces to create an entirely new civ that is separate from (and now at least an enemy of, if not at war with) your original parent civ when you embarked.  I can't remember what this does for migrants, however.
Loyalty cascades are formed when you're an enemy of the civ whilst still being a part of the civ.

Not unless you kill everyone.

1. Kill with mechanisms.
2. Isolate the enemies of the civ.
3. Kill them with animals.
4. Kill the animals.
5. Kill the enemies with more enemies.

The list goes on

Arnarinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »

I just had the glitch with the traders on my map, stuck... Got my markdwarves to try to kill them...

It was a 270 dwarf fort... Oh god all the blood. It was like a horror movie, or WW2.
They even killed the children!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 03:30:41 pm »

They even killed the children!
It's better that way.
Pages: [1] 2 3