Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire caught in action, now what?  (Read 1804 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire caught in action, now what?
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:44:47 am »

I've caught a vampire in the act, and paused the game. Is the dwarf going to die anyway, or is there a way to stop him sucking him dry?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire caught in action, now what?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:45 am »

If he gets attacked, has to flee, or a cave-in happens he will stop and leave the dwarf "pale."
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:50:08 am »

Well, i've sent my military in towards him now, but I'm not sure if I have the time to get there...
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:52:37 am »

Vampire feeding doesn't always kill, even if it's not forced to abort.  Has the vampire been deprived for a long time, or is it just topping off?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:54:47 am »

The military wont do anything, A bezerker, animal, or invader will make it flee.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:55:35 am »

Didn't have time... there goes my best farmer. Well, this vampire is going for a life chained in the cemetery (the only place I could think of putting a restraint for punishment to be served)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56:27 am »

Ok, so it seems the military can't even find the dead body when they're standing on it... don't know how they manage to kill a goblin

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:25 am »

Didn't have time... there goes my best farmer. Well, this vampire is going for a life chained in the cemetery (the only place I could think of putting a restraint for punishment to be served)

I let my vampires go free. Until strike three. Then its a torture room.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:50 am »

Well that is strike two... I'm forging an iron chain right now

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 03:21:37 am »

What will you use the bloodsucker for? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:07 am »

They make excellent elite squads due to their increased attributes, or you could use them as a fail-safe if all your dorfs die.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 04:51:24 am »

Or, you know, kill them in horrifying but amusing ways...

Put him into a minecart and crash him into another minecart. In midair...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 11:47:42 am »

Or, you know, kill them in horrifying but amusing ways...

Put him into a minecart and crash him into another minecart. In midair...

Fire vampires at your enemies.