Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over  (Read 37438 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Day 3
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »

First off, I'd like to know if you're around right this second.  Rereading while I wait for an answer.
Bookthras is offline at the moment, please leave your message at the beep. *beep*

Is there any reason you were curious whether he's here or not?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

First off, I'd like to know if you're around right this second.  Rereading while I wait for an answer.

You rang, sir? How may I be of assistance?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:21 pm »

Good.  I'm betting the farm that you're town.

Urist Imiknorris.

If you're scum, hammer him and win.  If not, say Clear and we'll continue.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

The fuck. Isn't town's job to prevent King Mafia from winning?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

If you're scum, hammer him and win.  If not, say Clear and we'll continue.

Clear. But I don't like this move of yours. If nothing else, you're also betting the farm Leaf is town too.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:06 pm »

Unvote.  Leaf had already voted UI, silly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:17 pm »

Oh right. I still don't like it, though, but I don't know how to interpret it just yet.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »

Toaster, why did you do that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2012, 09:54:58 pm »

Oh wait, I see. Clever, but rather pointless if Book was scum with half a brain.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »

I also didn't mention I had thought this out- Scum Book hammering UI would have lost-  Kill me and I res since I did nothing last night.  Kill Leaf and I steal his vote and hammer him the next day.  (At least I'm sure I could res and action tonight since my res depends on what I did the previous night- PM to Web is out clarifying this*. (UI:  He also hides his online status, the sneak.)

*And the result's in:  I would indeed die if I actioned the night I was killed, but I could have stolen his vote and it'd remain stolen, allowing Leaf to hammer Scum Book if he had hammered here and tried to kill me.

UI's still my top suspect, anyway.

Anyway, yeah.  Pretty sure you (Book) are town for various reasons; mostly not believing that you would have no-killed twice and opted to disable instead.  I've lost that gut feeling and no real scenario where you are scum makes sense.    That leaves UI or Leaf.

UI:  I made the start of a case here.

The Eradicate Plan has got me wondering.  Why eradicate instead of just lynch?  Assuming we no lynched, we'd end up pretty much where we would have been if we had just lynched Tiruin.  What was the benefit of doing it your way, UI?

This is highly inconsistent:

Toaster: Native is DEAD. You know Native is DEAD because you're waiting for Tiruin to explan why he hammered him. I think I want to eradicate you now for that massive slip.

That's what I get when I post right after waking up.

Me forgetting Native is dead is a near-capital offense.  You doing so is just brushoff-worthy.  This smacks of wanting to rush someone to their doom so whatever plan you've hatched up can be used.

In hindsight I should have waited until  he claimed.

Apologizing for killing town- scummy.

Finally, Leaf raises a good point here that I agree with.

Leaf: He's been unclear and confused a lot about PMs from Web:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112233.msg3427565#msg3427565
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=112233.msg3428752#msg3428752

But there's not much scummy I can find in his other content.

Web:  Just to be clear, if someone is targeted in the night with a disable, does it prevent them from acting that night?  (In other words, is it in effect a block for that night as well as a role disabler for the next two phases?)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2012, 09:57:30 pm »

UI:  That's another reason why I wanted him online to do it- to give him less time to think.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »

Web:  Just to be clear, if someone is targeted in the night with a disable, does it prevent them from acting that night?  (In other words, is it in effect a block for that night as well as a role disabler for the next two phases?)
No. A disable prevents players from acting on the Day and Night following the disable, but not on the Night they are disabled.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »

Thanks.  That shoots the "Leaf tried to kill me N1 and whoever N2 but was disabled" theory I had in the back of my mind.

Leaf:  Can you give more detail on your failed martyrdom?  Do you die if there are no other kills?  Do you die if there is another kill, but it was protected against?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »

And ignored my response to it.

The Eradicate Plan has got me wondering.  Why eradicate instead of just lynch?  Assuming we no lynched, we'd end up pretty much where we would have been if we had just lynched Tiruin.  What was the benefit of doing it your way, UI?
(emphasis mine)
You fail to see the sheer significance of someone not using up a one-shot daykill when the next day could very well be 3p?

Me forgetting Native is dead is a near-capital offense.  You doing so is just brushoff-worthy.  This smacks of wanting to rush someone to their doom so whatever plan you've hatched up can be used.
I would say that mis-extrapolating the number of votes to hammer (6p yesterday = 3 to hammer, thus...) is more forgivable than forgetting that a player is dead concurrently with demanding an explanation from the person who hammered him.

Apologizing for killing town- scummy.
Observation =/= Apology. If he had claimed before I killed him we'd at least know who he delayed.

That I also answered.

UI:  That's another reason why I wanted him online to do it- to give him less time to think.
You assume he'd default to trusting you.

Your sad attempt at a case is laughable and only highlights your scumminess. Your gambit also rested on a hilarious assumption.

Leafsnail: Yes, I'd have been okay with having my kill lost, because a) I'd be too dead to care, and b) it wouldn't change the number of chances for town to kill scum (one eradicate + one lynch minimum vs. two lynches minimum).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:35 pm »

UI:
And ignored my response to it.

There wasn't much to respond to.

(emphasis mine)
You fail to see the sheer significance of someone not using up a one-shot daykill when the next day could very well be 3p?

I know my opinion on it- I want to know yours.  Enlighten me.

I would say that mis-extrapolating the number of votes to hammer (6p yesterday = 3 to hammer, thus...) is more forgivable than forgetting that a player is dead concurrently with demanding an explanation from the person who hammered him.

Yes, because you did it and not me.

That I also answered.

In the technical sense, yes.  It hardly excuses it.

You assume he'd default to trusting you.

What else would he do?  Say "LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15