Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over  (Read 37442 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2012, 10:51:47 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Day 3
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2012, 09:59:58 am »

Well Shakerag is on the waiting list so there should be a replace.  Also, no lynching is now a horrible idea.  Tiruin could've  delayed last night's mafiakill.  We lynch today.

I am a Greater Mixed Martyr Nexus.  The role is kindof confusing to me since it doesn't seem to work how I remember greater or mixed roles working on #mafia.  Basically, I can either sacrifice myself at night to prevent all other kills and revive (I guess that's what Webadict meant by "greater"?  That's not how I ever understood it) or I can do nothing and have all abilities targetting me target a random person instead.

Night one I tried to do the martyrdom thing, but evidently it didn't work.  Night 2 I also tried to do it, but I got a message informing me I was disabled until the end of the next night (which is odd again - night disables usually only disable until the end of the next day.  The PM also implied that it would only stop my actions, not my passive ability).  In any case, it seems like I won't be able to use my ability tonight either.

UI:
As for why I didn't eradicate Tiruin last night, using my kill during the day provides me increased opportunity to rethink my target and lets said target defend themself before I remove them.
I think I may have identified a scumslip in your response here.  You'd already claimed to have a killing role.  How did you know the mafia wouldn't target you in the night and thus remove your kill from the game completely?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:28 pm »

Leaf:

a) Why did you choose Nexus? Why can't you use your ability tonight?
b)
I think I may have identified a scumslip in your response here.  You'd already claimed to have a killing role.  How did you know the mafia wouldn't target you in the night and thus remove your kill from the game completely?
I didn't.
c) You realize it's two to hammer, right?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Night 2
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2012, 12:50:23 pm »

UI:
3 To Hammer.

Congrats on committing the (almost) exact same slip you accused me of doing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2012, 12:52:59 pm »

That's what I get when I post right after waking up.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

a) Why did you choose Nexus? Why can't you use your ability tonight?
Nexus allows me to worry a lot less about night actions as KM, and not die as much as town.  Although webadict managed to give me a role that meant I haven't had a chance use my Nexus powers anyway.

I didn't.
So you'd be ok with your kill going to waste?

And you need a majority to hammer.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:40 pm »

And why can't you use your ability tonight?

And you need a majority to hammer.
Not yesterday.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2012, 02:16:05 pm »

First, my claim, and two inconsistencies I've seen:

I am a Combined Disabler Doctor. At night I can target one player, that player is protected that night, and then disabled for the following day and night. N1 I actioned on Toaster (protected N1, disabled D2 & N2). N2 I targeted Leafsnail (protected N2, disabled D3 & N3).

Inconsistencies: 1)
I am a Mixed Vote Thief Reincarnator.  I can steal someone's vote at night (they get -1 vote and I get +1). If I didn't action the previous night, I revive when I die with a new role.  I took no action either night.
Toaster was disabled N2. Even if he took no action, I asked wuba and he confirmed that he'd know he was disabled. Toaster: were you? If so, why did you omit that from your claim?

2)
Night one I tried to do the martyrdom thing, but evidently it didn't work.  Night 2 I also tried to do it, but I got a message informing me I was disabled until the end of the next night (which is odd again - night disables usually only disable until the end of the next day.  The PM also implied that it would only stop my actions, not my passive ability).  In any case, it seems like I won't be able to use my ability tonight either.
N2 you should have been able to do it, unless it didn't work because there was no kill, like N1. You are disabled now and tonight though. Importantly: the bolded part is incorrect; according to my previous clarifications exchanged with wuba, when you are disabled your role is entirely unusable, including passives. Also I targeted you and it hit, so much for the Nexus thing, unless you think it hit the 20% chance of being redirected right back to yourself.

So, Leafsnail. I suspect you are fakeclaiming the Nexus bit, and requested a replacement but are still here as a way to make us think you aren't the scum ("he'd not cede his almost-win to a replacement! he must be town!").

PPE: UI: Not yesterday because Native didn't have a vote; it was three because there were only five possible votes, not six.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »

Book:  I was, indeed, disabled N1.  I left it out to potentially catch fakeclaims.  Also, what was your submission?

Your attack on Leafsnail is unclear.  Please give an approximation of the percentage each of the following contributes to your vote on him:

Nexus inconsistency
Replacement request
Scummy comments he has made
Any other reasons not covered above (specify)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »

And why can't you use your ability tonight?
Disabled.

I'll break this down piece by piece:
N2 you should have been able to do it, unless it didn't work because there was no kill, like N1. You are disabled now and tonight though.
Yeah.  Webadict has since made this clear to me (I was confused because this is different to how disablers usually work).  I guess I didn't revive for another reason.

Importantly: the bolded part is incorrect; according to my previous clarifications exchanged with wuba, when you are disabled your role is entirely unusable, including passives.
Then webadict's PM was misleading.  He only said I couldn't perform actions.  I presume this was an oversight.

Also I targeted you and it hit, so much for the Nexus thing, unless you think it hit the 20% chance of being redirected right back to yourself.
I perhaps didn't stress this point enough, but
Basically, I can either sacrifice myself at night to prevent all other kills and revive[...] or I can do nothing and have all abilities targetting me target a random person instead.
I attempted to use my martyrdom ability, so my nexus power would have been inactive.

So, Leafsnail. I suspect you are fakeclaiming the Nexus bit, and requested a replacement but are still here as a way to make us think you aren't the scum ("he'd not cede his almost-win to a replacement! he must be town!").
I'm neither rich enough nor financially independent enough to book a week long holiday to Greece just to perform a very questionably useful mafia move.  Nor do I have the ability to travel back in time 2 weeks and talk about this holiday.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »

Toaster:
Book:  I was, indeed, disabled N1.  I left it out to potentially catch fakeclaims.  Also, what was your submission?
But you weren't disabled N1, you were disabled D2 & N2; N1 you were protected. Why do you claim differently? How would leaving it out help catch fakeclaims?

My submission was "disabler", which I hadn't seen before, and ended up not working at all as I thought it would. Wuba added the doctor bit.

Your attack on Leafsnail is unclear.  Please give an approximation of the percentage each of the following contributes to your vote on him:

Nexus inconsistency
Replacement request
Scummy comments he has made
Any other reasons not covered above (specify)
Mostly the Nexus inconsistency, though he has explained that well. His replacement request seemed fishy in light of that and consistent with being scum, but he has explained that too, the wily bastard. He hasn't seemed scummy in his comments, keeping his nose quite clean.

Leafsnail:
I perhaps didn't stress this point enough, but
Basically, I can either sacrifice myself at night to prevent all other kills and revive[...] or I can do nothing and have all abilities targetting me target a random person instead.
I attempted to use my martyrdom ability, so my nexus power would have been inactive.
Fair enough.

Nor do I have the ability to travel back in time 2 weeks and talk about this holiday.
Heh. Forgot about that. Fair as well. Have fun in Greece. Unvote.

I'm still undecided whether lynching or nolynching today is wiser. The risk that Tiruin managed to delay the mafiakill is there, or it may have happened and been targeted on Leafsnail, who was protected (wuba confirms that neither the target nor I would know if the protection triggered), or the scum could have been disabled or chosen not to kill for a number of reasons.

My main scum suspicion returns to Imiknorris, for previous reasons, plus his readiness to jump on the daykill of Tiruin (which made sense, but would be compatible with his stated use of the daykill as scum, and seemed a bit overanxious about it). Toaster is also suspect due to the inconsistencies of the disabled claim I pointed above, and his being disabled N2 would explain the lack of kill then (not the lack of kill N1, but other combinations of actions would).

I'm not ready to vote either just yet, though. I'd prefer if both he and Toaster talked more about their actions and reads.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »

If Toaster's claim is true and he's mafia then even without a delayed kill we'd need to lynch him today (and hope he doesn't roll a lucky new role).  Add that to the instant loss by delayed kill and I think no lynching is just too risky.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »

My main scum suspicion returns to Imiknorris, for previous reasons, plus his readiness to jump on the daykill of Tiruin (which made sense, but would be compatible with his stated use of the daykill as scum, and seemed a bit overanxious about it).

Could you restate your previous reasons? As for the daykill, Tiruin's response pretty well convinced me that he was scum, so I didn't really have much reason to delay killing him. In hindsight I should have waited until  he claimed.

As for my reads, my current top suspect is Toaster:
-D1, he voted Hapah with his second post and then proceeded to ignore him until the hammer.
-D2, he voted me with his second post and didn't follow up or question me at all.
-D2, he really didn't question anyone and most of his posts consisted of answers to other peoples' questions. He also admitted he had no other leads beyond gut feeling, but has done nothing to change that.

I'm going to reread again tomorrow morning, but I'm currently reading townish on both you and Leafsnail, you moreso than him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Night 2
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:33 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris - Leafsnail,
Leafsnail -
Toaster - Urist Imiknorris,
Bookthras -

Not Voting - Toaster, Bookthras,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »

Toaster:
But you weren't disabled N1, you were disabled D2 & N2; N1 you were protected. Why do you claim differently? How would leaving it out help catch fakeclaims?

I was targeted by the disable N1, so the effect happened N1 to affect me later.  I'd call that disabled N1- this is a point of grammar.  If no one claimed it, we'd know someone was lying about it, and could then proceed to see whose actions were accounted for.

Mostly the Nexus inconsistency, though he has explained that well. His replacement request seemed fishy in light of that and consistent with being scum, but he has explained that too, the wily bastard. He hasn't seemed scummy in his comments, keeping his nose quite clean.

I'm not ready to vote either just yet, though. I'd prefer if both he and Toaster talked more about their actions and reads.

First off, I'd like to know if you're around right this second.  Rereading while I wait for an answer.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15