Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: King of the Mafia Continued: Game Over  (Read 37443 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Night 2
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »

Moderator:
Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.
1) Day should last 48 hours, yes? If so, then day ends on Thursday, not Friday.
2) If there is a daykill, would the day end immediately, or would it continue until the deadline?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:02 pm »

Moderator:
Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.
1) Day should last 48 hours, yes? If so, then day ends on Thursday, not Friday.
2) If there is a daykill, would the day end immediately, or would it continue until the deadline?
Tomorrow is America day. I extended the Day as a result.

If there is a daykill, all votes are removed from the board. If the Day ends within 24 hours, the Day is extended 24 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Day 2
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2012, 08:46:36 am »

I still suspect Urist I for yesterday's reasons.

Native:
[quote author;=NativeForeigner link=topic=112233.msg3421611#msg3421611 date=1341296033]
I don't have a solid second pick, but my gut says Tiruin or Book. But my gut almost always says Book, so that doesn't count for much.
[/quote]

Why does Book read scummy to you in general?

UI:
Toaster:
UI:  That was referring to more D1 content that was coming, before I realized that there had been a hammer.  The first post was a quick one knocked out to have something out there before a real meaty post came.
Ah, something to provide the illusion of activity in the absence of actual activity. Again, were you going to post anything other than an attack on Hapah? I am very interested in exactly what this hammer-interrupted content was.

I was about to reread the thread and generate content from that.  I counted votes, saw the hammer, and stopped- no point rereading at that point when there was a flip about to come.

If you want to eradicate Tiruin, why didn't you do so last night?

Waiting on Tiruin to explain his hammer.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia Continued: Round 1 - Day 3
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2012, 11:07:41 am »

Toaster: Native is DEAD. You know Native is DEAD because you're waiting for Tiruin to explan why he hammered him. I think I want to eradicate you now for that massive slip.

As for why I didn't eradicate Tiruin last night, using my kill during the day provides me increased opportunity to rethink my target and lets said target defend themself before I remove them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2012, 12:31:37 pm »

I am prepared to no lynch if UI is killing today.  Tiruin is the best candidate - now that I reread he pretty much lurked yesterday before jumping in with the hammer at the last moment (hilariously promising a long post afterwards).

Toaster: Native is DEAD. You know Native is DEAD because you're waiting for Tiruin to explan why he hammered him. I think I want to eradicate you now for that massive slip.
It's a slip, certainly.  But it doesn't in any way imply he's mafia, it just implies he was off the ball just then.  A scumslip is a mistake that scum is far more likely to make than town, not any mistake at all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2012, 12:32:53 pm »

EBWOP: Just to state that noone else should vote no lynch because otherwise Tiruin could do his lolhammer trick again to save himself.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 06:30:54 pm »

Well...

Tiruin, Book: What do you make of the lack of a mafiakill? Do you think it was blocked, unused, or something else?

Inb4 my long post. (which did list the unvote and reasons why on UI)

NativeForeigner

What do you think?

There is no Mafiakill in the first round.

Tiruin: explain yourself.

I am prepared to no lynch if UI is killing today.  Tiruin is the best candidate - now that I reread he pretty much lurked yesterday before jumping in with the hammer at the last moment (hilariously promising a long post afterwards).
No Lynch. I'm eradicating someone today, and that'll make it MyLo, unless scum actually doesn't have a kill. I'm just not sure who yet.

Recommended candidate: Tiruin. He hammered Native for... no reason at all except to reflect a question, and his explanation regarding the lack of mafiakill is interesting to say the least, as that's not mentioned anywhere in the OP. In addition, his naming of other suspects is still pending, despite the fact that he's been demonstrably able to contribute.

. . .

EBWOP: Just to state that noone else should vote no lynch because otherwise Tiruin could do his lolhammer trick again to save himself.

Alright, what went on was that I was working on that post and did a preview, saw more than 3 posts come up in rapid succession, then found NF's post at the end after skimming through them. Shifted to new reply and posted that down as I thought the replies would be swift.

I did not take in Book's vote as a vote. Thought it was in the quote, as I referred to the Mod's post for votecount.

And no, I don't do lolhammer tricks to save myself.

On why I asked NF the same, it was rhetorical as I based it on the OP note saying
Once 7 people have signed up, the game begins.  A random person will be picked as King Mafia and will be given, on top of their role, the Mafiakill.  The First Round ONLY will start with a kill-less Night.

From there, the game continues.  During the game, anyone else can Sign up to be put on a queue. Game will play like a standard mafia game.  If you die at any time, you may Sign up again, though others who haven't played that round will have priority.

If King Mafia is killed at any time, the round ends.  Those in queue will take the place of those that died to refill the ranks back to 7 (those still alive remain), a new KING MAFIA will be picked, and the game will start on the next phase (Old round ends in Day, new round starts at Night...)
So then I wondered why NF talked about the Mafiakill explicitly and put that down, meant for pressure on why he stated such as that was the second day.

Then refreshed to see
That's the hammer.
Then...panic because of what-the-hell thoughts as I hammered him by accident. The long post was saved up in an MS Word document that is down below, mostly redundant now...

Why no lynch if UI is killing anyway? Judging by what he says, it's either a day or night action. And you'd go for no lynch before questioning everyone else?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2012, 06:41:04 pm »

EBWOP

Misplaced the cut and paste:

Quote from: Book
Also: who else do you think is scummy?
Suspicions most likely:
UI - claiming early on with a kill that can happen anytime and a revive, but all negated and now a named role, but unsure on the kill part now unless he uses it.
NF - precluding the post above, here and stating a mislynch without backing up why, and the subtle lack of scumhunting by his first answer here
You -
Tiruin remains scummy for his attempt at manipulating hammer votes.
How?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2012, 08:01:58 pm »

Firstly: No internet on holiday it turns out, so I'll be away for a week from saturdy.  I'll need a replacement.

I did not take in Book's vote as a vote. Thought it was in the quote, as I referred to the Mod's post for votecount.
Not buying it.  Book mentioned L-1 specifically right after his vote!  Even if you thought it was inside a quote it would still be L-1.

Why no lynch if UI is killing anyway? Judging by what he says, it's either a day or night action. And you'd go for no lynch before questioning everyone else?
This question makes perfect sense to ask if you're a mafia member.  If you're a townie the answer should be extremely obvious.

Basically: Urist I needs to use his kill today because otherwise a mafia UI could use his kill tomorrow and break lylo.  Maybe the possibility of someone other than you being mafia didn't cross your mind.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:44 pm »

Mod: Eradicate Tiruin.

Except it wouldn't save him because I would then kill him at night.

Scum!Tiruin has an unfortunate tendency to suspect people who are questioning him, which has come up again in his list of suspects (his suspicion of Book, for which no reasoning was given).

Also what Leafsnail said.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »

Tiruin has been killed!

Tiruin was a Delayer (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Leafsnail -
Toaster -
Bookthras -

Not Voting - Urist Imiknorris, Leafsnail, Bookthras, Toaster,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Delayer
You may delay another player's night action so that it happens one night later. Actions: delay
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:15:48 pm by webadict »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:50 pm »

No lynch sounds like a good idea, but only after a mass claim.

I am a Mixed Vote Thief Reincarnator.  I can steal someone's vote at night (they get -1 vote and I get +1). If I didn't action the previous night, I revive when I die with a new role.  I took no action either night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »

So, it's MyLo, possibly LyLo if Leafsnail doesn't get replaced by day start tomorrow. Mod: Could you ask Shakerag if he'd be willing to replace Leafsnail?

Toaster: Why didn't you act?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »

Because I expected to die and because I don't consider a vote steal a very strong ability.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »

And why did you choose Reincarnator?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15