Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cannot issue orders to encrust anything  (Read 332 times)

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cannot issue orders to encrust anything
« on: June 26, 2012, 07:03:06 pm »

Finshed goods and furniture. I have a both these things lying around, though my stone crafts that i wish to encrust are in a bin, next to the jeweler !!

I even have the gem setting labor activated and i have plenty of cutt gems sitting in a bin. Do i have to remove these items from teh bin?

When i go to encrust i can spam away the G and F key and nothing happens.

I'm beginning to think you can't encrust stone finished goods as i can't really find an explicit mention of it on the wiki however somebody did mention encrusting hatches which i have 1 lying in a stockpile(furniture). The F key after encrust does not acknowledge i have furniture.

I'm at a total loss as to how to solve this one.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cannot issue orders to encrust anything
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »

You'll need cut gems to encrust with, not rough.  If any stockpiles are giving to the workshop, all stockpiles involved must give to the workshop, including the furniture stockpile.

Try paired repeating orders to keep your cut gem supply intact while you're encrusting, after you get an initial supply. Ex

• Cut white chalcedony R
  • Encrust furniture with white chalcedony R
  • Cut tigereye R
  • Encrust furniture with tigereye R
  • Cut amethyst R
  • Encrust furniture with amethyst R
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:33:34 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: cannot issue orders to encrust anything
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »

I have plenty of cut gems, unless your saying they need to be cut again ?

My stockpiles are not tethered or dedicated to any particular workshop, i will try to resolve teh problem with that. That sounds liek the problem.