Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solved: burrows... burrows... burrows... why do they run outside my burrows...  (Read 683 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I have a combat going on... have an elegant trap...

yet my dwarfs are ignoring the restriction to burrows to run to a place not within a burrow at all, to replace cage traps...

why oh why...

they are not military dwarf's, and I DO have the burrow enabled.   I tried assigning the same to both alerts (civilian and active) to no luck.

seriously, they are running all over my spiked traps!  wtf!  That's for the bad guys!

update:

hmm, troubleshooting... I reloaded, and set to one burrow, and they respect it... but during combat they weren't... using the same burrows

update:

op... here they go again, running outside when the vile force of darkness arrives, wtf!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:57:08 pm by thistleknot »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also remember that if a civilian spots an enemy, he will panic and run in a random direction.

Did I say random?  I meant "the direction most likely to lead to death, dismemberment, and blood".  Definitely not toward safety.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that had nothing to do with it, they are performing jobs outside of burrows.

I just verified one Mafol successfully stored an item in a stockpile outside the burrow.

Update:

I think I might have it.

I had the cage area set to part of my inside walls, yet I still saw someone run away from that area to outside my fortress to do something...  still checking before I correct/delete this post
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:50:43 pm by thistleknot »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

first of all, a regular burrow doesn't restrict movement, just where jobs are taken. People might run some place to look at the pretty engravings for all you know (ok not, but you get the idea)

alert burrows do restric movement. They also negate any other burrow in effect, and this may cause some weird behavior possibly. A possibility is that some are using both burrows, for example. No clue, but there have been other reports. Might want to look it up in the bugtracker
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

first of all, a regular burrow doesn't restrict movement, just where jobs are taken. People might run some place to look at the pretty engravings for all you know (ok not, but you get the idea)

alert burrows do restric movement. They also negate any other burrow in effect, and this may cause some weird behavior possibly. A possibility is that some are using both burrows, for example. No clue, but there have been other reports. Might want to look it up in the bugtracker

No, I think it was my dumbass self not seeing where my burrows were set...

I had an area that was being included in my burrow right in the path of danger

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

how was it called again. A MAJOR bug, the doom for most games, and something unsolvable

PEBKAC?

:D

/joke if noone got it
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how was it called again. A MAJOR bug, the doom for most games, and something unsolvable

PEBKAC?

:D

/joke if noone got it

yeh, seriously, I was close

problem exists between keyboard and chair