Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I found a vampire  (Read 1190 times)

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I found a vampire
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 02:33:10 am »

Could/should I give the barony to my vampire?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:02 am »

I would never give the person in charge position to a vampire, because liasons and maybe some others have to meet with them.  Losing containment is just too likely.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 02:44:24 am »

Well dangit. I will give the position to a regular non-vampire dwarf.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:52 am »

You could just make the vampire the fortress bookkeeper, and wall it into a really nice office.  It can do the manager thing too but the booze withdrawal slowdown can make getting your orders relayed take an annoyingly long time.  You could just build it into a wall with nothing, let it go ahead and go insane from accumulating bad thoughts, and suffer forever (can't find a hazard to kill itself, can't get into a fight with the military, can't die of hunger, thirst or exhaustion from neglecting basic needs).  Unless it turns enemy after going berserk it could work as an insurance policy, keeping your fortress technically populated to wait for migrants after a collapse.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:10 am »

before, meetings could be held through walls, is that still in?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Charlylimph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 04:34:34 am »

I could have tried it, unfortunately I did not. I have failed at dwarf science.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 04:45:40 am »

Dwarf science is easy.  Start with a simple question, then kill a bunch of dwarves, goblins, elves or a combination.  If you learn something you can weaponize, publish.  If not, just make something up, because nobody cares if it can't be weaponized.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 04:58:24 am »

Dwarf science is easy.  Start with a simple question, then kill a bunch of dwarves, goblins, elves or a combination.  If you learn something you can weaponize, publish.  If not, just make something up, because nobody cares if it can't be weaponized.

Kobolds put in a lead cage being shot at demons, while keeping there daggers. On impact they shatter the demons. Then when the koboldlings pop out they start killing the survivors?

Did I do it right?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 06:37:07 am »

Kobolds put in a lead cage being shot at demons, while keeping there daggers. On impact they shatter the demons. Then when the koboldlings pop out they start killing the survivors?

Did I do it right?

You got the "make it up" part down fine
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 [2]