Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Killing a BC in Adventure Mode  (Read 3808 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Killing a BC in Adventure Mode
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:57 am »

Can it be done?
And has anyone done it before?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Killing a BC in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:52:22 am »

I've done it.

In saying that, it was many, many versions ago when it was a lot easier to play adventure mode because long-range units weren't so !FUN!, and I was lucky enough to find a steel pick where I found the BC. As long as your defensive stats are high enough for you to avoid getting Hulk Smashed, as in legendary, and you have a material harder than bronze (not sure if iron is good enough, perhaps someone else can say) it's possible. Ludicrously difficult, but possible.

BCs don't feel pain and you pretty much need to exclusively target the head until 'the severed part sails off in an arc!' because I'm reasonably sure they don't bleed either.

Edit: In my experiments with the arena, the only thing that did any damage to the BC was a steel sword. I'm not sure about what makes a good blunt weapon, because I don't really use them, so again, if someone else knows, do tell.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:16:26 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:19 am »

Yes, it is possible. You just have to get creative...
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:22:36 am »

Steel axes would probably work too.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:19:53 am »

Here's a way to make it harmless: first let the colossus kill your companions until it gets hold of a "rope reed fiber sock", which makes it much less dangerous, because now bashing with the sock is its primary attack.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:23:23 pm »

Here's a way to make it harmless: first let the colossus kill your companions until it gets hold of a "rope reed fiber sock", which makes it much less dangerous, because now bashing with the sock is its primary attack.

"Less dangerous"

"The bronze colossus strikes you in the head with the rope reed fiber sock, it flies off in an arc!"
Blargh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:00 pm »

I'd rather be bitch-slapped with a sock then being punched in the face multiple times.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:39:43 pm »

Iron scourges/whips are practically lightsabers that chip them with every attack. Keep one handy for enemies with no internal organs.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 02:18:32 pm »

Battleaxes and spears.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 04:41:21 pm »

It won't kill it but stabbing one in the foot with a bronze arrow will cripple its leg and slow it down.  In fact the bronze arrow chipped every part.  It had to push me to death...
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:50 pm »

Iron scourges/whips are practically lightsabers that chip them with every attack. Keep one handy for enemies with no internal organs.

Yep. Pretty much instant cripple, and eventual decapitation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36:57 pm »

Lightsabers that chip...?

Anyhoo, don't underestimate the value of chopping off hands and feet before going for the head. I think those are easier; prone colossi can't move or attack as well, in addition to other combat penalties; and of the BC just pushes with its torso and head, it's less dangerous.
Less.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Blafnigem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »

A friend of mine posted a thread a while back about how he decapitated one by throwing a fuzzy wambler at it.
That was when they were sharp though.

Yes, it is possible. You just have to get creative...
Oh wait, this guy posted it already.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:50:41 pm by Blafnigem »

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 03:23:58 am »

Keep in mind that this colossus is 1/4 the size of the statue of liberty. An attack that would cleave right through several goblins would be about as dangerous as clipping its toenail. Ergo "chip."
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 05:18:07 am »

Keep in mind that this colossus is 1/4 the size of the statue of liberty. An attack that would cleave right through several goblins would be about as dangerous as clipping its toenail. Ergo "chip."
It makes me wonder if someone already had modded in Statue of Liberty creature and entity, with [CIV_CONTROLLABLE], of course.
Pages: [1] 2