Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244816 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1035 on: November 12, 2016, 06:50:59 am »

Primary and secondary weapons are in the Market. Melee has to be researched in the Dojo, using the new Unobtanium resource.

Also, none of the new weapons are Teshin's dual katanas, which is a shame. They've been something of a tease since Teshin was introduced.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:37 pm »

Redtext is always so quippy.

Anyways, I'm at a complete loss at where to find the pieces for a Blueprint given at the end of TWW. Or where to find the blueprints for the weapons carried by the new Onion Knights. Something about a new type of alert for the new component type, according to the patch notes.
Some people on reddit found blades on kuva fortress missions, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 12, 2016, 01:14:59 pm »

Yeah, I found a blade while playing the quest, even!

Also, the kuva fortress moves around the map, which is neat.

E:
I'm also really enjoying the new endless fissures. It's a good way to open relics, to get relics, *and* to farm xp/resources.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:32:44 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »

Oh man, I am super salty now that I know I missed Argon Scope coming back by something like three months.

On an unrelated note:
Spoiler: DE fiks gaem plz (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 13, 2016, 05:09:52 pm »

Was trying to do the Orokin Princinple Challenge Agility Test so I could unlock the Sedna Relay and start TWW.

That's when I realized the jump button on my mouse is completely broken.

Guess I won't be trying that for another week at least.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 13, 2016, 10:50:56 pm »

Riven Mod: "Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped alone."

Yeah, fuck you too, DE.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 18, 2016, 10:37:46 pm »

Oh boy. Finally got around to it, and it's a) for the Opticor (which I don't use and have no interest in), b) has -Puncture (the Opticor's primary physical type), and c) has +ammo capacity, +cold, and +status duration. None in meaningful amounts. Oh boy, not even worth rerolling that.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 18, 2016, 11:24:19 pm »

I know a lot of the game is RNG, but Riven mods are straight up bullshit.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 19, 2016, 12:25:43 am »

Oh boy. Finally got around to it, and it's a) for the Opticor (which I don't use and have no interest in), b) has -Puncture (the Opticor's primary physical type), and c) has +ammo capacity, +cold, and +status duration. None in meaningful amounts. Oh boy, not even worth rerolling that.
Refills are entirely random what you get. It doesn't just chAnge numbers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 19, 2016, 07:46:33 am »

Refills are entirely random what you get. It doesn't just chAnge numbers.
I know. Hence the first bit. I don't have the Opticor and don't particularly want it.

Though I might waste Kuva rerolling anyways since sorties now appear to have a drop table that looks something like "2k Endo: 90%; Lens: 9%; anything else: 1%".

3. Run Resize Enable

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 19, 2016, 12:59:37 pm »

I've been lucky enough to get two riven mods from sorties which gives me three including the reward from TWW. Two of them are for sentinel weapons.

I haven't used a sentinel since kubrows were released, and both the mods are for sentinels i never bothered levelling.

Even if i did use sentinels there wouldn't be much tangible feedback from equipping the mods. The sentinel gets to have all the fun. I would have been happier with a riven for one of the truly garbage weapons so at least i could see it perform in a different manner and possibly create some build to make it viable.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 19, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »

Huh, I thought sorties only rewarded 2k endo. You learn something new every day! /s

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 22, 2016, 07:44:16 pm »

Valkyr Prime, Venka Prime, Cernos Prime, and much Banshee Salt.

Apparently the Cernos fires multiple arrows at a time.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 22, 2016, 08:00:58 pm »

It was only a matter of time before Warframe went the route of truly randomized (as in Diablo-esqe) rewards. I'm surprised it took them this long. Goals for WF have always been highly predictable I feel like. You know what you're getting for a mod, all you have to do is put the endo into making it better. With Riven mods now the grind becomes more open-ended, drip feeding rewards instead of grinding for a specific weapon and getting your drop and being done. I sort of expect we'll see more of this kind of content in the future. Consider what the game would be like if weapons and gear rolled their stats semi-randomly (Weapon A could roll X to Y Puncture value, Z to W Slash damage and S to T Impact.) Imagine crafting a weapon multiple times so you get a better roll on it. Maybe even apply that to WFs in a less dramatic fashion.

I'd be a little? disappointed if WF went that route. If only because I've rarely felt the real compulsion to go chase something down. After about 300 hours in Warframe, I had everything a Young Tenno could want. A maxed WF, my choice of preferred weapons, leveled mods, keys, resources, a Dojo, blah blah blah. So I mostly would go after new things just as an excuse to play the game. Optimizing, after getting the mods you needed. So when something new came out I'd be like "Ok, let's go get this dumb stuff so I can look cool jumping sideways and shooting a gun."

Randomized rewards as a design philosophy would be a pretty big shift from what WF has been, and bring it much closer in line with other games where randomization vis-a-vis optimization is the order of the day. I dunno if it'd really improve my gameplay but it would give me something a little more recognizable to shoot for every time I log on. And it'd definitely slow the player base down a little bit and give them something to do between big content updates that is on going rather than a checklist of stuff to get done.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 22, 2016, 08:30:53 pm »

Mmmm yeah, remember when leveling was actually a thing? You didn't tear everything apart like wet tissue paper? You had to use cover?!?! Passive energy regeneration almost didn't exist anywhere?

I'm not sure it would be a magical experience for me to do it all over again though. I can't unplay WF. (What that that was something possible to do as a gamer. Developers and publishers would laugh themselves all the way to the bank.)

it leaves us wanting and jaded

I dunno. I like how Warframe handles, how it plays. How it feels. But there is something so....I dunno, just casual feeling about the whole game. It's always felt that way. With the exception of super redonkulously difficult sorties or events, nothing really ever seems to matter in WF. And I've always disliked that, despite enjoying the game overall. (No other online game I've played I think, even paid sub MMOs, offers you the depth of customization and personalization that WF offers.) I think it's always come down to the game feeling and playing like an arena shooter, rather than a boots on the ground (sometimes literally) MMO. You know in the back of your head that WF is still largely a static, lifeless SP game with mulitplayer connectivity. Even when leveling up and being reasonably challenged, there was always this fuck off casualness clinging to the game.

Put it another way. I started playing Tom Clancy's The Division a few weeks ago with my roommate. I know, I know, it's pretty much the definition of tacticool covershooting wank. And I would have never bought it initially had my roommate not constantly cajoled me into getting it.

It's a decently fun game actually (if you can stomach Ubisoft collectathon games combined with a multiplayer covershooter.) It uses essentially a Diablo System for all its gear and character abilities (rarity levels, varied damage and attributes, you can freely switch around your skills and perks at any time.) It's an easy game to go "Yeah I don't really care let's just shoot some stuff", because Ubi doesn't have a lot of experience with MMOs, or even MMO-lite games. The point of this is....I feel almost like I care more about what I have, what I want to improve on and how I perform more in The Division, a game I've put 76 hours into hold in some contempt for its theme, versus Warframe, which I've put 1000+ hours into and whose theme I'm onboard with (Space Ninjas don't give a fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.)

Am I just brainwashed by decades now of the same familiar gameplay, so I can't truly appreciate WF's uniqueness? Maybe. Or maybe there is a fundamental element of "it just doesn't honestly matter" in WF they can't get rid of, no matter how horizontally the game expands or they refine the initial crude systems the game started with. Or maybe, just sort of like with Early Access titles, I am simply jaded and no matter how much polish they put on the game I'm always going to see the underlying, basic skeleton of the game I was constantly waiting for to "grow up."

Or maybe it's just the fact I've never felt immersed in WF. Too fast, too janky at times, too cray cray at others. Immersion is the point at which I buy into the illusion.

If I ever feel immersed in WF, it's when I'm playing solo and going after less than speedy objectives (like finding caches or Challenge Rooms or w/e.) When I slow the game down to my own natural pace, I start becoming immersed. That's ultimately I think the way I want to play it. It's just not what the game is tuned for, or what is actually most fun about it. But it's what'd make me care the most or take it the most seriously. Get into the lore. Exploring for exploration's sake. Taking the long view. Gettings invested in mechanics. But all that shit is just noise when it's SPRINT SLIDE JUMP SLASH KILL PRESS 4 SUPER JUMP PLUNGING ATTACK MELEE MELEE MELEE MELEE SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT PRESS 4 WWWHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the live long day. Keeping up that level of intensity of play is fun, and engaging but it's not immersive to me. When most of the game is streaking by so fast you almost can't make it out, it's hard to give a fuck about anything else but going fast or putting rounds on target.

Going back to the Division, the slower, cover-based gameplay actually lets me stop and reflect and absorb the game and the experience and give myself a chance to get immersed. In a way I think group gameplay spoiled the kind of game WF could be for me. Because there's no way I'd give up the speed I enjoy now for the pacing I truly want.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:46:08 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133